mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks afterforever! jap.gif

I have been spending some time today prepping the packet 3 that I downloaded from the BKK Embassy web site, I hate paperwork but this is well worth it.

Chok Dee!!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have been spending some time today prepping the packet 3 that I downloaded from the BKK Embassy web site, I hate paperwork but this is well worth it.

Chok Dee!!

Have some mangosteen and durian for me :thumbs:

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Timeline

Chok Dee!!

MMMmmmmmmm, Durian chips. All I want is some Koy Teow, sticky rice, Chang and see if I can procreate!!

Timeline

Chok Dee!!

I have also filled out all of the packet 3 forms. I did it right after I sent the I-129F package to USCIS. At the time, I was hoping to get my NOA2 in 90 days or less. Obviously that didn't happen.

Eat some pad thai mi pet for me.

Timeline

Chok Dee!!

MMMmmmmmmm, Durian chips. All I want is some Koy Teow, sticky rice, Chang and see if I can procreate!!

What is Koy Teow? You meant noodle? mmm maybe not write koy

Timeline

Chok Dee!!

What is Koy Teow? You meant noodle? mmm maybe not write koy

Yes, noodle soup, stir fried rice noodles with seafood and lots of chili's. AKA koi teow.

Timeline

OK, been prepping the packet 3 to take to Thailand with me on Friday and it is driving me nuts!! Only the income ####### is a concern for me at them moment.

I would like some input from others who have passed through BKK Embassy for I-29F/K-1, please.

I will have a co-sponsor even though I really don't need one, I just want to be damn sure!! My income from last year was minimal, cough, cough............worked in the Philippines so all income was on the down low. :whistle:

From what I have read, over and over I might add, is the following in regards to income for myself and co-sponsor (Mom).

* Notarized I-134 from each of us.

* Most recent tax return (2006) (Does this need to be notarized?)

* Notarized Letter from employer stating type of employment (Temp or Perm), salary, and length of employment for myself and co-sponsor.

* Pay stubs for myself and co-sponsor, how many? (We get our stubs online via ADP, do these need to be notarized?)

* Does the co-sponsor and I have to provide a letter's from our respective banks?

* I receive a retirement from the Marine Corps as well as a disability from the VA, do the statements to show monies received have to be notarized?

This is all a PITA, I can't wait until it is all through.

I appreciate any/all comments/recommendations.

Timeline

I will add what I do know...others can chime in with whatever information they have:

Your tax return does not need to be notarized. If you can bring more than the recent, like from years past that would be good. The year you were in the Philipines you could probably write a short statement giving the reasons why you did not have a tax return for such year.

You don't need to notarize the employer letter

I have heard that you can just do a few pay stubs, but I would rather have as many as possible. Six months would not be bad. They do not need to be notarized.

Edited by Jamie76

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Timeline
I will add what I do know...others can chime in with whatever information they have:

Your tax return does not need to be notarized. If you can bring more than the recent, like from years past that would be good. The year you were in the Philipines you could probably write a short statement giving the reasons why you did not have a tax return for such year.

You don't need to notarize the employer letter

I have heard that you can just do a few pay stubs, but I would rather have as many as possible. Six months would not be bad. They do not need to be notarized.

I believe the only document that needs to be notarized is the I-134. You are swearing on this document that all other financial information you provide is true and accurate.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

When having a document notarized, the notary is ONLY attesting to the fact that it was YOU who signed it. The notary does not know nor care if any of the other information written or typed on that form is true or not, ONLY THAT YOUR SIGNATURE IS YOURS (which is why you provide ID to the notary)!!!!

So, the only document here that YOU sign is the I-134, so it is the only document that needs to be notarized (the bank signs their own letter, your employer signs their own letter, etc.). My advice is to be amply prepared to provide evidence for each and every number on that form - if you nor mom can't prove it, don't put it on the form.

Notaries only verify signatures, never content!!!! :) Content is your burden of proof..... Good Luck!

Timeline:

02/20/2005 - Met first time in Bangkok, Thailand

01/19/2006 - "Unofficial" Wedding Ceremony in Surin, Thailand

03/19/2007 - Filed K-1 Visa petition at Vermont Service Center

08/30/2007 - Received K-1 Visa from US Embassy Bangkok

10/05/2007 - Arrived POE at Washington DC

10/09/2007 - "Official" Wedding Ceremony in Rockville, Maryland

10/23/2007 - Apply for SSN

10/25/2007 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP petitions to Chicago Lockbox

10/29/2007 - Received SSN

11/02/2007 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

11/27/2007 - AOS/EAD Biometrics - USCIS Glenmont, Maryland

12/19/2007 - AOS transfered to CSC

12/27/2007 - EAD/AP approved

01/03/2008 - Received AP Documents

01/05/2008 - Received EAD Card

Perpetual fluctuation is the essence of the perceptual universe

sorry double post

Edited by Kang Lang

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

OK, been prepping the packet 3 to take to Thailand with me on Friday and it is driving me nuts!! Only the income ####### is a concern for me at them moment.

I would like some input from others who have passed through BKK Embassy for I-29F/K-1, please.

I will have a co-sponsor even though I really don't need one, I just want to be damn sure!! My income from last year was minimal, cough, cough............worked in the Philippines so all income was on the down low. :whistle:

From what I have read, over and over I might add, is the following in regards to income for myself and co-sponsor (Mom).

* Notarized I-134 from each of us.

* Most recent tax return (2006) (Does this need to be notarized?)

* Notarized Letter from employer stating type of employment (Temp or Perm), salary, and length of employment for myself and co-sponsor.

* Pay stubs for myself and co-sponsor, how many? (We get our stubs online via ADP, do these need to be notarized?)

* Does the co-sponsor and I have to provide a letter's from our respective banks?

* I receive a retirement from the Marine Corps as well as a disability from the VA, do the statements to show monies received have to be notarized?

This is all a PITA, I can't wait until it is all through.

I appreciate any/all comments/recommendations.

Tax return does not need to be notarised.

In your employment letter indicate whether your position is full or part time and contact information for the signator. As a precaution I did have my HR person get the employment letter notarised. The CO commented on that being a good thing, fyi.

I brought 6 months worth of stubs which they kept. (not notarised)

I didn't bring any banking information given that income was not a problem.

I also didn't bring any retirement (401k) information since income was not a problem.

Good luck, hope that helps!

ROC Timeline

calendar reset

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My fiance and I had a successful interview today! Yay! Just a heads up, there's a new interviewer named Jan. I'd guess she's around 30. The Japanese-American interviewer I've read about was standing over her shoulder and teaching her how to do everything. I honestly think she was more nervous than we were, but she was very friendly. I'll add more details into the Embassy Info page. http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Thailand

If it clears anyone's worries, I made below the poverty line for income last year because I was in Thailand and I am currently, technically unemployed. I don't have much in the bank either, but they said they didn't have a problem with my I-134. All I had for supporting documents was a letter from my bank, 2 notarized letters from family members saying they'd help financially, a letter from a friend saying he'd give me a job, my tax return, and a W2 from my last job. Hope this helps. PM me if you need any help with anything.

:dance:

K1 Journey

03/22/07 - Mailed I-129 Application

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

09/06/07 - Interview Successful!

10/25/07 - P.O.E. San Francisco

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

11/09/07 - Mailed AOS & EAD

12/12/07 - Biometrics

02/04/08 - Transferred to CSC

02/16/08 - EAD Card Received

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

08/28/08 - Filed N-400 via Section 319(b)

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hello everyone,

My fiance and I had a successful interview today!

Congratulations on your visa. I had my interview a day before you and it was unsuccessful. I wrote about it under the consulate forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86453

:) I am happy for you.

(F)

Click here to look at my K-1 journey and AOS adventure on my profile -- signature & story tab...

----------------------------------------------------

973181_1238682260.jpg

Check out our dog's blog here.

My ROC Adventure:

January 13, 2010----------Mailed out I-751 to VSC

January 15, 2010----------Package delivered

January 19, 2010----------NOA

January 21, 2010----------Check cashed

February 17, 2010---------Biometrics

April 8, 2010----------------Card production ordered

April 19, 2010---------------Card received in the mail

The Most Powerful Force in Life is Love

1095_thumb.gif1332_thumb.gif807_thumb.gif

Hello everyone,

My fiance and I had a successful interview today! Yay! Just a heads up, there's a new interviewer named Jan. I'd guess she's around 30. The Japanese-American interviewer I've read about was standing over her shoulder and teaching her how to do everything. I honestly think she was more nervous than we were, but she was very friendly. I'll add more details into the Embassy Info page. http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Thailand

If it clears anyone's worries, I made below the poverty line for income last year because I was in Thailand and I am currently, technically unemployed. I don't have much in the bank either, but they said they didn't have a problem with my I-134. All I had for supporting documents was a letter from my bank, 2 notarized letters from family members saying they'd help financially, a letter from a friend saying he'd give me a job, my tax return, and a W2 from my last job. Hope this helps. PM me if you need any help with anything.

:dance:

Congrats!

ROC Timeline

calendar reset

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.