mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Rich,

Take a walk along Wireless Road - translation shops are all over the place.

Make sure they transliterate your fiancee's name the same way it is on her passport.

Yodrak

Hi folks - I'll be visiting my fiancee in Thailand in about a week and we'll be finalizing all of our paperwork to start the K1 process. I'd like to get certified Thai to English translations of documents like birth certificates, child custody documents, etc. I've done a search through online and found the following two outfits - i think they would certainly work, but they may be overkill.

http://www.thai-english-translation.com/

http://www.thaitranslation.info/index.html

Is there an easier, more convenient way to get this done in Bangkok? Like going to something like the local version of the UPS Store for translations/certification? Or a "Translate While-U-Wait" franchise?

Thanks,

- Rich

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I would be very grateful if someone could teach me the DHL tracking trick.

n2ojones,

For DHL tracking try using the word correspondence in the reference line. This will probably not be your files but will give you an idea how long it typically takes. That is assuming the NVC sends everything DHL International Express.

best of luck

Chant & Noy

Jan 30 – NOA1 from NBC

Jun 28 – received letter dated June 24 from NVC

Jul 11 - received packet 3

Oct 20 - Interview

Oct 21 - Visa received

Oct 27 – POE Seattle. We are home!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Rich,

Make sure they transliterate your fiancee's name the same way it is on her passport.

Yodrak

Hi folks - I'll be visiting my fiancee in Thailand in about a week and we'll be finalizing all of our paperwork to start the K1 process. I'd like to get certified Thai to English translations of documents like birth certificates, child custody documents, etc. I've done a search through online and found the following two outfits - i think they would certainly work, but they may be overkill.

Is there an easier, more convenient way to get this done in Bangkok? Like going to something like the local version of the UPS Store for translations/certification? Or a "Translate While-U-Wait" franchise?

Thanks,

- Rich

Hey Rich!

As Yodrak has suggested , there are many on Wireless Road...one of them my wife had used is called Interlanguage Translate Center. They have multiple locations, the closest to the US Embassy is at this Address: 89/12-13 Wireless Road 2nd Floor Tel 650-7981-2

Good luck with all the processes, It's been a few years since I was going thru what you all are going through now...man how time just flies B) !!

Regards,

George

Edited by chivasgeo

George (USA) 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif and Pocky (Thailand)3dflagsdotcom_thail_2faws.gif

07-20-04 Mailed I-129F to USCIS CSC

07-26-04 NOA1

08-27-04 NOA2

10-18-04 Poc gets medical exam at Bumrungrad, applies for Police Certificate, pays K-1 Visa Fee and turned in DS-230 pt 1 & “checklist”

01-14-05 K-1 Approved

04-06-05 USCIS (Chicago Lockbox) receives AOS Package

04-13-05 Received NOA1s for I-485 & I-131

06-13-05 Received NOA2 for I-485, AOS Interview set for August 2005 at the San Francisco USCIS

08-10-05 AOS approved

08-15-05 Green Card received

Filed: Country: Thailand
Timeline
Cha cha cha!

Called the NVC this morning (automated message) and got our case number! The message informed me that our case was forwarded to BKK on March 26th! Not bad...the NVC reviewed our docs (1-130) in just under 30 days!

This is the best I have felt since leaving the Kingdom (and my wife) two weeks ago! Look out NW lounge at Narita, here I come! ;)

n2ojones,

i ran across the following while reading this thread today. i'm almost finished with the entire thing. good luck. also, i live in austin.

to: www.dhl.com

Select: Track by Reference

Type in Reference: (Depends on Embassy) Use any of the following three keywords:

I-730

EXPEDITE NIV SECTION (Maybe Non-Immigrant Visas)

EXPEDITE IV SECTION (Maybe Immigrant Visas)

Put the range of dates around the date that NVC gives you as package has been shipped.

Look for any of the packages sent to BNK. There is no gaurantee that it will acutally be your package, but if you see a package sent on the date they told you, then it could possilby be yours.

On the date they said they sent mine, I got two "hits". One for the EXPEDITE NIV and one for the EXPEDITE IV, so I assumed one of them was mine!

Thanks so much, Dvddvd! Sorry it took me so long to reply...man, so much going on, there's just not enough hours in the day!

I loved Austin. Went to Willy Nelson's 4th of July picnic there MANY years ago. (I went to school at Houston) What was the place?...pale face park?

Thanks again!

Timeline

n2ojones,

For DHL tracking try using the word correspondence in the reference line. This will probably not be your files but will give you an idea how long it typically takes. That is assuming the NVC sends everything DHL International Express.

best of luck

Chant & Noy

Right on. Thank you for this information, Chant & Noy! I will have to give this a shot later as I am running like a madman today....

choke dee to you as well! ;)

Filed: Timeline

Yodrak, George - thanks very much for your replies and for the info. Sounds like it should be pretty easy to get the translations done. My dining room table is now a dedicated Visa work area - ha! Lots of different piles of forms, instructions and examples. I've got almost everything together, and am putting all the required docs and info for the Visa Application Package into a binder organized by sections - I-129F, G-325A, Evidence of ongoing relationship, Description of how we met, etc.

Thanks again - I'm sure I'll have some more questions soon... :D

- Rich

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Rich,

Yodrak

Thanks,

- Rich

Hey Rich!

As Yodrak has suggested , there are many on Wireless Road...one of them my wife had used is called Interlanguage Translate Center. They have multiple locations, the closest to the US Embassy is at this Address: 89/12-13 Wireless Road 2nd Floor Tel 650-7981-2

Good luck with all the processes, It's been a few years since I was going thru what you all are going through now...man how time just flies B) !!

Regards,

George

They are scattered along many of Sukhumvit Soi also. Nid had them done at the USCNET Translation Center, 4/56 Sukhumvit Soi 21. They did a great job, even asked her how to translate the names so that they would match the documents. Took them a day to do all her documents (she droppe them off, picked them up the next day).

Timeline:

02/20/2005 - Met first time in Bangkok, Thailand

01/19/2006 - "Unofficial" Wedding Ceremony in Surin, Thailand

03/19/2007 - Filed K-1 Visa petition at Vermont Service Center

08/30/2007 - Received K-1 Visa from US Embassy Bangkok

10/05/2007 - Arrived POE at Washington DC

10/09/2007 - "Official" Wedding Ceremony in Rockville, Maryland

10/23/2007 - Apply for SSN

10/25/2007 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP petitions to Chicago Lockbox

10/29/2007 - Received SSN

11/02/2007 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

11/27/2007 - AOS/EAD Biometrics - USCIS Glenmont, Maryland

12/19/2007 - AOS transfered to CSC

12/27/2007 - EAD/AP approved

01/03/2008 - Received AP Documents

01/05/2008 - Received EAD Card

Perpetual fluctuation is the essence of the perceptual universe

Timeline

I actually read this entire thread. :)

I recall seeing, more than once, the name of an attorney in BKK specialing in this process. He came highly reccomended but I do not recall the name.

PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME READ THIS THREAD AGAIN!!

I seem to have had a bit of a falling out with the *&^*& we hired to do our visa. All that is left is filling out packet 3 (etc). I am in Hawaii and cannot (immediately) go back to the Kingdom. Does anyone know the name of the attorney so highly reccomended...or a legit visa agency that can help my wife (in Thailand) thru these last steps?

As always, I appreciate your time and input.

Timeline

Man, what a mess. Soooo close, too.

Can someone tell me if I-134 is supposed to be notarized and does it get turned in along with the police report and medical at the day of interview....or does it have to be sent in with packet 3?

I know I should be reading the instructions...and i will, but this flare-up with the (already paid in full) visa agent, has caused some static between my wife and I now as well...I need this info fast to calm her and prove my point...this guy does not know what he's doing and we are sure to be refused if we continue with this bonehead.

More than likely he is reading this...which is good,...maybe he'll accidently learn how to process a visa.

Please help

Timeline

Can someone tell me if I-134 is supposed to be notarized and does it get turned in along with the police report and medical at the day of interview....or does it have to be sent in with packet 3?

I know I should be reading the instructions...and i will, but this flare-up with the (already paid in full) visa agent, has caused some static between my wife and I now as well...I need this info fast to calm her and prove my point...this guy does not know what he's doing and we are sure to be refused if we continue with this bonehead.

More than likely he is reading this...which is good,...maybe he'll accidently learn how to process a visa.

Please help

n2ojones,

Yes, the I-134 needs to be notarized and brought along during the interview date. The name of the attorney (referring to your previous post) most likely is Bill White...

Bangkok, Thailand

140/36 Silom Road

Bangrak, Bangkok 10500

BKK Office (66) 0-2231-6466

Mobile (66) 0-1909-8202

wfwlaw@aol.com

url: www.usvisalaw.info

Good Luck!

regards,

George

George (USA) 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif and Pocky (Thailand)3dflagsdotcom_thail_2faws.gif

07-26-04 NOA1

08-27-04 NOA2

10-18-04 Poc gets medical exam at Bumrungrad, applies for Police Certificate, pays K-1 Visa Fee and turned in DS-230 pt 1 & “checklist”

01-14-05 K-1 Approved

06-13-05 Received NOA2 for I-485, AOS Interview set for August 2005 at the San Francisco USCIS

08-10-05 AOS approved

Timeline

Thank you, George!

Hmmm, It would appear the office number is invalid but I got a voicemail greeting on the mobile. Hopefully he will get it and call me back!

So, I was right (a first!) the 134 is presented at the interview along with the meds report and the police report...correct?

..and thank you for explaining the 134, it looks like it requires a notary but there is no space indicated for the stamp. This guy wanted my finacials...but never sent..or asked me for the completed 134. I hope Bill White calls....we are so close.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Please help

n2ojones,

If I’ve read correctly your wife will be applying for an CR1 visa based on the approval of the I130. If this is the case you would have had to send an I864 (Affidavit of Support) to the NVC prior to them forwarding the case to the embassy.

The Embassy’s web page has changed but it used to specifically state that I134’s were to be used for K1 & K3, and I864 for CR/IR1.

If however it’s causing big static between you and the wife, I suggest you say “ok yes dear” and send her a notarized I134.

best of luck

Chant & Noy

Jan 30 – NOA1 from NBC

Jun 28 – received letter dated June 24 from NVC

Jul 11 - received packet 3

Oct 20 - Interview

Oct 21 - Visa received

Oct 27 – POE Seattle. We are home!

Timeline

Please help

n2ojones,

If I’ve read correctly your wife will be applying for an CR1 visa based on the approval of the I130. If this is the case you would have had to send an I864 (Affidavit of Support) to the NVC prior to them forwarding the case to the embassy.

The Embassy’s web page has changed but it used to specifically state that I134’s were to be used for K1 & K3, and I864 for CR/IR1.

If however it’s causing big static between you and the wife, I suggest you say “ok yes dear” and send her a notarized I134.

best of luck

Chant & Noy

n2ojones,

I have to apologize in that I automatically assumed you were applying for the K-1 Fiance Visa, DOH!!...my bad! Chant is correct, if applying for CR1 then use form I-864 and if going through process for K-3 then use I-134. Again, apologies :unsure:

George

07-26-04 NOA1

08-27-04 NOA2

01-14-05 K-1 Approved

08-10-05 AOS approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
I actually read this entire thread. :)

I recall seeing, more than once, the name of an attorney in BKK specialing in this process. He came highly reccomended but I do not recall the name.

PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME READ THIS THREAD AGAIN!!

I seem to have had a bit of a falling out with the *&^*& we hired to do our visa. All that is left is filling out packet 3 (etc). I am in Hawaii and cannot (immediately) go back to the Kingdom. Does anyone know the name of the attorney so highly reccomended...or a legit visa agency that can help my wife (in Thailand) thru these last steps?

As always, I appreciate your time and input.

I am using Brian Wright, www.mythiafiancee.com. His office is located in BKK. Read his website and see what you think. He prepared all of our paperwork. There were a couple of mistakes on the paperwork and he had to redo them. But the main reason I hired him is that he will walk my fiancee' through everthing she need to do in Thailand. A representive from his office will be with her during her medical, police report, and even be with her during her interview. The main thing you need to do is double check his work.

reach449

SAO'S AND RANDY'S TIMELINES:

K-1

03/05/07-NAO1

06/03/07-NOA2

08/06/07-INTERVIEW>>PASSED INTERVIEW!!

08/21/07-POE LAX!!!

09/24/07-Wedding

AOS:

10/29/07-All, (three) NOA1's received in the mail!

11/20/07-Biometric's Appointment/Complied with..no problems

12/18/07-NOA for interview appointment...02/12/08

01/04/08-Recieved EAD card and AP in the US mail!

02/12/08-AOS APPROVED AT INTERVIEW; CARD ORDERED

02/28/08-Green Card arrived in mail.

Removal of Conditions:

11/12/09-Mailed I-751 package

11/23/09-NOA 1

01/21/10-USCIS confirms no Biometrics

02/16/10-Card Production ordered

02/27/10-Green Card arrived!

N-400 Naturalization Citizenship:

12/12/2014-N-400 Package received by Lewisville Lockbox

12/18/2014-I-797C NOA received in mail; sent in old version of N-400

01/02/2014-USCIS Lewisville Received Package

01/06/2014-Checked Cashed

01/12/2014-Email from USCIS Receipt of Package

02/03/15-Biometrics Completed

02/04/15-USCIS notice of scheduling Interview

02/24/15-Interview scheduled for 03/31/2015

03/31/2015-Interview>Went Very well!

04/28/2015-OATH

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.