SKAMMA

I-751 ROC March 2022 Filings

87 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Jha01 said:

It's kinda weird so Monday (07/18) I received a mail that they reuse by my bio before then today I received a mail again stating my bio appointment on 8/04. 

Has the online status changed at all?

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Just now, beloved_dingo said:

Has the online status changed at all?

Yes, it says the fingerprint was taken. So I was confused why they sent me appointment if it was fingerprint was taken. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Jha01 said:

Yes, it says the fingerprint was taken. So I was confused why they sent me appointment if it was fingerprint was taken. 

I would try to contact USCIS and get a tier 2 officer (I believe you have to ask for "Infopass" to get tier 2) and see what they can tell you.

To be safe rather than sorry, you might want to plan to be at that bio appointment regardless. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
12 hours ago, toothpicks said:

We got our interview-- Request for Petitioner to Appear for Initial Interview. It's set for August 30. Anybody else?

Wow that is fast. What service center?

12 hours ago, toothpicks said:

We got our interview-- Request for Petitioner to Appear for Initial Interview. It's set for August 30. Anybody else?

That's sweet! 

I am having a similar timeline as yours - I had my bio appt Apr 28 but I haven't been notified for interview. Which location are you going for interview?

Did you do anything to expedite your case?

Edited by jnmee
add more question to the same thread

16 minutes ago, OldUser said:

@beloved_dingo I got a feeling that's how the agency is improving stats for processing times. E.g. process 2022 cases faster to reduce the average 😅

I actually had that hypothesis a while ago. It is easier from an operational perspective to start the new process on new cases that come in rather than go in and dig into 2019/2020/2021 cases. This is assuming USCIS is actually going to start to improve its processing times. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 8/4/2022 at 8:05 AM, beloved_dingo said:

Wow that is fast. What service center?

On 8/4/2022 at 8:12 AM, jnmee said:

That's sweet! 

I am having a similar timeline as yours - I had my bio appt Apr 28 but I haven't been notified for interview. Which location are you going for interview?

Did you do anything to expedite your case?

National Benefits Center, field office is Los Angeles.

We didn't do anything to expedite and were definitely thinking we'd hear back some time next year. The letter came as a surprise. There was the actual notification from USCIS, and then someone scratched out the date in red ink and wrote a new date. It had correspondence included saying the date was rescheduled from August 25 to August 30. The online portal just says fingerprints were updated, so I think we'll probably call to confirm.

That's nice - the whole thing sounds like someone has reviewed your case and agreed on getting you an interview! I check my case status from time to time, even tho I am preparing for the usual 1 year wait, hopeful for some updates soon since LA office at least moved your case.

Keep us posted of your progress, how the interview went etc. Best of luck with your interview :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 12:59 PM, toothpicks said:

We got approved! Long story short--

Shortly after we got the notice for interview on August 30, we got a second notice for August 25. My partner called USCIS and they told him to appear August 25, so we did. The appointment was set for 6:45 AM.

A couple with their lawyer was ahead of us, and I think they did a stokes interview. They called the husband and wife in separately. At 8:40AM, they were still not done interviewing and the interviewer asked us the time of our interview. It turns out the August 30th date was correct, but they were able to accommodate us to interview today since it was USCIS that told us to come in on August 25th. We were finally seen at around 9:40AM, and our interview finished at 10:50ish.

The officer said she would approve our application pending some background checks, and then we were on our way! If we don't receive my partner's new green card in 180 days, we're supposed to call in.

Yay!

Congrats!! 

I just wish that they would move my case, no updates so far -,- the wait continues

How did you find the interview? Any challenging parts?

Keep us posted of your N400 if you're going for it : ) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 8/28/2022 at 6:32 PM, jnmee said:

Congrats!! 

I just wish that they would move my case, no updates so far -,- the wait continues

How did you find the interview? Any challenging parts?

Keep us posted of your N400 if you're going for it : ) 

The interview was definitely easy. We were just asked for a general timeline of our relationship. I lived with my husband in Turkey for nearly two years, and the officer was definitely interested in that. She was asking a lot of geographic questions, but in a way that I wasn't sure if it was because were were telling her which places to visit when she goes, or because she wanted to make sure we both knew which cities we were recommending. My memory wasn't so great in this part. She asked how far away we lived from Ankara, the capital of Turkey and I would say, "Two hours by bus?" but my husband would answer, "No. Six hours by bus."

I think it definitely helped that we gave our cats flea baths the day before and when we told the officer, we both showed her the cat scratches on our arms at exactly the same time. Pretty hard to fake that!

Probably the hardest was when she asked about our future plans. Do you want any children? Are you going to travel together? What are you going to be doing in the next few years? My husband and I shrugged, and said we were going to Washington for Thanksgiving.

She was really sweet. She would go into tangents about her own husband and life, and then say, "So that's me! But... we're here to talk about you, huh?" She was the same officer that interviewed the prior couple that ended up having a stokes interview, however, so maybe it's case by case dependent. 

Good luck with your process! I hope you get an interview date soon. Yes, we'll be filing the N400 as soon as we can so maybe I'll see you in that thread next year, too!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 8:54 AM, toothpicks said:

The interview was definitely easy. We were just asked for a general timeline of our relationship. I lived with my husband in Turkey for nearly two years, and the officer was definitely interested in that. She was asking a lot of geographic questions, but in a way that I wasn't sure if it was because were were telling her which places to visit when she goes, or because she wanted to make sure we both knew which cities we were recommending. My memory wasn't so great in this part. She asked how far away we lived from Ankara, the capital of Turkey and I would say, "Two hours by bus?" but my husband would answer, "No. Six hours by bus."

I think it definitely helped that we gave our cats flea baths the day before and when we told the officer, we both showed her the cat scratches on our arms at exactly the same time. Pretty hard to fake that!

Probably the hardest was when she asked about our future plans. Do you want any children? Are you going to travel together? What are you going to be doing in the next few years? My husband and I shrugged, and said we were going to Washington for Thanksgiving.

She was really sweet. She would go into tangents about her own husband and life, and then say, "So that's me! But... we're here to talk about you, huh?" She was the same officer that interviewed the prior couple that ended up having a stokes interview, however, so maybe it's case by case dependent. 

Good luck with your process! I hope you get an interview date soon. Yes, we'll be filing the N400 as soon as we can so maybe I'll see you in that thread next year, too!

Like what I read here - hope to see your n400 experience soon : ) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.