Brian1977RI

Evidence of Tax

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Brian1977RI said:

Hi All

Just getting paperwork together for CRBA & I130 ,how many years of W2's will be sufficient .

Thanks

It would be best to get IRS transcripts. If you submit W2s you need to include the 1040/EZ forms as well. You can order IRS transcripts for free online: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

They want the most recent 3 years of IRS transcripts (or the W2+1040 for each year). 

*** Moved from Bringing Family of USC forum to IR1/CR1 Process & Procedures ***

10 hours ago, Brian1977RI said:

Just getting paperwork together for CRBA & I130 ,how many years of W2's will be sufficient .

For I-130, zero.  The US citizen's tax paperwork is not required for filing the I-130 petition.  The tax paperwork will be required many months later at the NVC stage after the petition has been approved.

As for CRBA, you may submit 5 years worth of W2s from the time you were physically present in the US and before your child was born.  More details from the website of the US embassy/consulates in Australia -- https://au.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/birth/transmit-citizenship/

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Chancy said:

*** Moved from Bringing Family of USC forum to IR1/CR1 Process & Procedures ***

For I-130, zero.  The US citizen's tax paperwork is not required for filing the I-130 petition.  The tax paperwork will be required many months later at the NVC stage after the petition has been approved.

As for CRBA, you may submit 5 years worth of W2s from the time you were physically present in the US and before your child was born.  More details from the website of the US embassy/consulates in Australia -- https://au.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/birth/transmit-citizenship/

Thanks for the reply .Have to send via mail can you send crba info for all kids together via mail or do they have to be sent separately for each child ?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Brian1977RI said:

Thanks for the reply .Have to send via mail can you send crba info for all kids together via mail or do they have to be sent separately for each child ?

CRBA is applied for in person at a US Embassy or Consulate.  

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
2 hours ago, pushbrk said:

CRBA is applied for in person at a US Embassy or Consulate.  

Well since we had to do IVF it says to mail it in ? 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Brian1977RI said:

Totally confused now.  What am I missing?  

In this kind of situation (any really) it is helpful to know whether you are the US Citizen or the foreign spouse and whether you are the male or the female.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

4 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

See this poster's previous thread in which he states CRBA for his children is different because they were conceived in vitro.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

When doing a crba on the website  it asks if you had ART which is a IVF procedure if yes it takes you to a new page and tells you to submit your application via mail not to go into a consulate .

So my question is regardless of doing IVF or not can you still go to the consulate & file or is it by mail ?

The website is saying one thing & advice is saying to go the the consulate .I just go off what the official website states .

Thanks 

Edited by Brian1977RI

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Brian1977RI said:

When doing a crba on the website  it asks if you had ART which is a IVF procedure if yes it takes you to a new page and tells you to submit your application via mail not to go into a consulate .

So my question is regardless of doing IVF or not can you still go to the consulate & file or is it by mail ?

The website is saying one thing & advice is saying to go the the consulate .

Follow the Consulate's instructions.  Advice.  When you start a topic, provide enough information for other members to follow your context and circumstances.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

53 minutes ago, Brian1977RI said:

There has never been an option to mail in CRBA

You have to present the kicking kiddo at the counter.  And you HAVE to sign it in the presence of the CO

Edited by iwannaplay54

Timeline
31 minutes ago, iwannaplay54 said:

There has never been an option to mail in CRBA

You have to present the kicking kiddo at the counter.  And you HAVE to sign it in the presence of the CO

Yes, THIS Consulate (Sidney) instructs to mail it in for this specific IVF circumstance.  Perhaps the rest of the procedure would be for an in person appointment to be made AFTER the initial evaluation of the submission.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

1 minute ago, pushbrk said:

Yes, THIS Consulate (Sidney) instructs to mail it in for this specific IVF circumstance.  Perhaps the rest of the procedure would be for an in person appointment to be made AFTER the initial evaluation of the submission.

Seems.  There is no escape from that counter though.  If we could have bought our way out of it we sure would have.

Edited by iwannaplay54

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.