exodus

War a valid reason for expedition?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
8 minutes ago, exodus said:

As my son in currently hiding in his basement with sounds of bombs going off in the city of Kharkiv, I went to uscis website to inquire about expediting and notice this new case status "Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS". What does this mean? Could this be related to the war?

It means that USCIS is reviewing the I-130 that you sent them.

Not war related.   

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, aaron2020 said:

It means that USCIS is reviewing the I-130 that you sent them.

Not war related.   

Why are they reviewing it now if there still is a six year wait?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
7 minutes ago, exodus said:

Why are they reviewing it now if there still is a six year wait?

When asked if your stepson's PD was current, you said it was current.   Apparently, this is a F2b case where the PD is not current.  When it comes to the immigration categories, current refers to the Priority Date.  

This is how it works.  USCIS approves the I-130 and sends it to wait at the NVC for a current PD.  USCIS approval can happen in a few months to a few years.  Then it waits at the NVC for months or years until the PD is current. 

There is absolutely no way to expedite this case.  The law does not allow anyone to get a visa before their PD becomes current.  No exceptions.  Not even for war.  

Edited by aaron2020

On 2/14/2022 at 8:58 AM, SteveInBostonI130 said:

For peace of mind, it might be a good idea to help him move temporarily to the western part of the country?

my daughter in law did not want to leave Zaporozhye. fortunately the banks still were able to give her the money we sent to her. wife is heartbroken. hopefully her boyfriend will help keep her safe.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.