CountryBoy

Mylene's Interview Experience ..

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just a couple of notes about Mylene's interview on July 9, 2007 .. Hopefully it will help some here ..

Mylene said that once she was inside the Embassy all of her worries went away. She spent most of her time assisting other filipinas in organizing documents and answering questions, all of which she had knowledge of from the great community here at VJ.... :thumbs:

Submitting the DS Forms

Mylene said that organizing your DS documents in the following order is very important... She was given this information by an employee of the embassy while waiting inside to be called to turn in the forms and it worked perfectly...

1.) Appointment Letter on top

2.) DS-156k filled out

3.) DS-156 that was filled out online (with barcode and picture glued) 3 pages

4.) DS-157 with the bank validated copy, filled up (remove the stapled paper from the form and keep it)

5.) Second copy DS-156 filled out online (with barcode and picture glued) 3 pages

6.) Second copy DS-157 not validated copy

When she submitted the documents in this order, they took the documents, gave her her queue number, and told her to have a seat and wait for her name to be called .. no problems whatsoever. Other beneficiaries didn't have the forms filled out completely, didn't have the bar code version of the DS-156, didn't have their picture pasted to the DS-156, had the documents all out of order .. all of this lead to the process of sorting, correcting, and organizing by the embassy employee which made it take them alot longer.

The Finger Scan

Very simple, just wait for your name to be called, go the appropriate window, and get your fingerprints taken.

The Pre-Interview

Mylene had just completed her fingerprints and went to the restroom; when she came out her number was flashing to go to window 14 (I think). Mylene thought there was a problem with her finger scan and she was going to have to redo it or something so she cocked off some smart azzed comment to the filipino at the window. Little did she know that she was being called for her pre-interview ... lol ...

I don't know if her smart comment cought the pre-interviewer off guard or what, but he gave her a funny look and said, "Maam, I'm only asking you some questions." with a smile on his face. He then asked her for the petitioners proof of support paperwork, (this was in flexible plastic with everything suggested to include on VJ plus 5 years of tax returns - he took out the I-134 and 2006 tax return), her Japanese Police Clearance, he asked to see our pictures together (but only looked at it thru the glass and said he didn't need any of the pictures), NBI, Cenomar, Birth Certificates (for her and Ashley).

The whole process was very fast and painless; the filipino pre-interviewer was very professional, respectful, and kind.

NOTE: Mylene commented on the way that some of the filipinas were being treated badly by the pre-interviewers. In some cases the beneficiaries were lacking evidence or the evidence that they did have was very unorganized, things like that .. the pre-interviewers were very rude to these girls ... maybe Mylene was just lucky to get the "nice guys" at the embassy, but I'd be more apt to say that she was treated so well because she was so well prepared. (I sent in ALOT of evidence with my petition initially and she had TONS more for the interview. Not only that, the evidence that she had with her for the interview ... she knew where every item was at and could pick it out within seconds upon request)

The Interview

Ashley (5 years old) was playing during the entire interview process with the CO and wasn't asked a single question. Just as a point of reference because he was the only one there, Mylene's interviewer was a black man. Mylene said that the CO never smiled during entire interview but spoke respectfully to her and was very much a gentleman. He asked her a few questions about when we met online and in person he looked at our pictures at this time he asked what I do for work, he asked to see her engagement ring, he asked about her flight to the US and when we plan to get married, he asked when my birthday was (the day her flight arrived in the US ... woohoo). He said that he had no more questions for her (this is when she should have given the request to pick up the visas in person and a copy of the flight itenerary, but she didn't .. ugh .. oh well, after several calls to the embassy made by me and a fax to the embassy made by Mylene we got it all straightened out in the end .. 2 days after her interview she had the visas in hand) She also asked if their visas were approved and he said, "Not until I get Ashleys medical and passport." (they were misplaced for a while but were found while Mylene was still at the embassy)

Releasing

Mylene was called to window 37, this is where they stapled her queue number, pink slip to pay delbros, and interview appointment letter together and gave it to her. They also returned alot of the original evidence that I sent with the I-129F petition; she asked why they were returning the evidence and they told her that they had plenty. This is also where she read the word APPROVED written on her documents.

Paying Delbros

Very simple, take the pink slip from the releasing window and pay Delbros.

Go Home and WAIT

Picking Up the Visas

Mylene was called in the morning on July 11, 2007 to be at the embassy to pick up her visas that afternoon before 3:00 p.m.. She took a seat and was waiting for someone to come to the window where she was told to report for picking up the visas, time kept going and noone came to the window. At 2:00 Mylene explained to a security guard why she was there and told him that she had been waiting for a long time but noone had come to the window, he said, "Maam, just take a seat and someone will call you. At 2:30 she went to window X and she explained it to the filipina there .. she told Mylene just to knock on the window and someone will come. Voila .. it worked Mylene had the visas within minutes.

Side Note

Other things that might have helped Mylene during the process; Mylene's middle name (her mothers maiden name) is the same as one of the people that handled her(this was discussed between them); also Mylene's last name is Luzon and some the employees were kidding her .. "Do you own Mindanao and Visayas too .. or just Luzon?"

Whatever you do, be well prepared with your documents and have plenty of evidence .. also be confident with your answers to the pre-interviewer and CO.

Good Luck,

CB and Mylene

Edited by CountryBoy

Donnie and Sylvia

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi CB,

thanks for posting this! :thumbs:

have a blast bday....

cheers!

alexandra

Dong & Dang

12/28/2007.....Sent Packet for AOS application

12/29/2007.....USCIS Chicago received our AOS Packet

01/22/2008.....Date of two NOA1 (I-797C) for I-765-EAD & I-131-Application for Travel Document

[Received in mail last 01/26/07]

01/24/2008.....USCIS Chicago encashed our checks

01/28/2008.....Received NOA1 for I-485 though notice, dated 01/22/2008

01/30/2008.....Received Biometrics schedule, Notice date 01/25/2008

02/15/2008.....Biometrics Schedule

02/20/2008.....Confirmation of receipt of RFE (source:USCIS case online update)

02/21/2008.....touched

03/03/2008.....Issued I-512L, Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States

03/06/2008.....Issued EAD Card (Employment Authorization)

04/23/2008.....Received Interview Schedule

06/11/2008.....Interview Schedule - Phoenix, AZ

06/14/2008.....Received Notice for the Approval of AOS Application

06/16/2008.....Received Green Card.

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.unforgettable-weddings.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on the successful interview!!!!

Best wishes to you both!!!

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Very cool! Thank you so much for sharing...

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

I love reading posts like this, they are so very helpful for those still to do the interview. Thanks :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Thanks for sharing the interview experience, it will be a great help tho those who are yet to be scheduled for their interview, so they can prepare well. Have a safe trip Mylene!

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.