Jackie43

NVC Stage I 864 questions.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi, a few questions for anyone that can assist. 
1. I am the beneficiary for my 17 year old daughters Social Security. Is this considered of MY individual income? 
Im not using any household members for added income I will be using a joint sponsor. 

2. Next , should I submit 2021 tax transcripts/ tax return or should I wait and submit 2022 since it say current tax year ? 

11 minutes ago, Jackie43 said:

2. Next , should I submit 2021 tax transcripts/ tax return or should I wait and submit 2022 since it say current tax year ? 

Submit the most recent one that you have filed.

But if 2021 is below the poverty limit and 2022 is above, wait and use 2022.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

your daughter is the beneficary either because of the death of a Parent (SSA) or because she is disabled (SSI)

SS appoints someone (u in this case as a reprentative payee )

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10076.pdf

In these cases, we can appoint a relative, friend, or other interested party to serve as the “representative payee.”

Your child's Social Security benefits are tax-free as long as her provisional income is less than the base amount. The base amount is $25,000 for a single person. .

u do include both taxable and non taxable income on  I 864 unless it is SSI according to the law clinic

do not include Supplemental Security Income (SSI)

https://cliniclegal.org/resources/family-based-immigration-law/five-most-common-mistakes-completing-i-864#:~:text=The%20I%2D864%20in%20Part,and%20every%20word%20is%20significant.&text=Finally%2C%20%E2%80%9Cincome%E2%80%9D%20includes%20both,certain%20federal%20or%20state%20benefits.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
On 2/10/2022 at 5:30 AM, randy32 said:

Submit the most recent one that you have filed.

But if 2021 is below the poverty limit and 2022 is above, wait and use 2022.

On cannot file a 2022 tax return until 2023.  I think both you and the OP, are confused about that.  A 2021 tax return is filed in 2022.  Supply the most recent tax return with the I-864, but if that is 2020, instead of 2021, expect to be asked for the 2021 tax return (the one not required to be filed until April) at the interview.

As for the Social Security income, I would include it in my "current income" calculation, which does NOT come from any tax return.  That income is for a member of your household, that will be counted in your required minimum income to qualify as sponsor.  However, if your income is marginal, expect extra scrutiny or the need for a qualified joint sponsor, as you won't be the payee after the child reaches age 18.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you guys for your help! One more question.  Do I need to fill part 7 (Use of Assets to supplement income) if I have a joint sponsor? Such as my bank account information. Do I need to disclose that information still? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.