JojoandTomas

FEBRUARY 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

381 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, slavaskii said:

Hello my friend! Nice to be in a group with you, I was tracking you from January and was happy to see you finally got moved along :)

Thanks for clarifying about the case status. I believe the beneficiary doesn't get a physical packet anymore, correct, everything is handled electronically? In any case, to change the beneficiary's address, I can just call NVC, correct? My fiancee doesn't really have a 'permanent' address after having to leave Belarus, but as she's staying in Poland I would rather her address be somewhere there than a country she can no longer return to.

And yes, to answer your question, Minsk doesn't do immigrant interviews, it's all handled by Warsaw... Minsk wouldn't even open to renew tourist visas since COVID started, just our luck because ours ran out in the middle! 

I would call NVC as soon as possible.  they had special processing for those fleeing Ukraine - perhaps for her situation.  I believe there is a physical packet for every country.  Just not always more than 1.  we are not totally digital.  Praying all goes well for you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
1 hour ago, SandyR said:

I would call NVC as soon as possible.  they had special processing for those fleeing Ukraine - perhaps for her situation.  I believe there is a physical packet for every country.  Just not always more than 1.  we are not totally digital.  Praying all goes well for you.

Thank you for your advice! I called them earlier this morning, they said the packet arrived on the 8th and to call back in a week for the number, which I can then use to contact Warsaw. I'm pretty confident nothing physical is sent from here on out, but I will call them first thing to change the address in any case (as soon as I know one). I googled it quickly and, at least for Warsaw, they don't say to bring anything besides what we already have (+ medical) to the interview, so I'm not sure what a physical packet could have... I think most embassies have discontinued sending anything by mail, but we'll see. Maybe someone will chime in with their experiences! :) 

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Timeline
10 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

Thank you for your advice! I called them earlier this morning, they said the packet arrived on the 8th and to call back in a week for the number, which I can then use to contact Warsaw. I'm pretty confident nothing physical is sent from here on out, but I will call them first thing to change the address in any case (as soon as I know one). I googled it quickly and, at least for Warsaw, they don't say to bring anything besides what we already have (+ medical) to the interview, so I'm not sure what a physical packet could have... I think most embassies have discontinued sending anything by mail, but we'll see. Maybe someone will chime in with their experiences! :) 

I know India sends packets for sure.  did you check the Poland country forum?  hopefully someone there knows!  I would call daily to check for a number!  Mine was assigned in like 5 days!  lucky me for once!  lol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
9 minutes ago, SandyR said:

I know India sends packets for sure.  did you check the Poland country forum?  hopefully someone there knows!  I would call daily to check for a number!  Mine was assigned in like 5 days!  lucky me for once!  lol

Thanks for letting me know! Out of curiosity, where did you find that India still physically sends packets, was it on their website or was it through other forum members? Warsaw's website was just updated within the past few days, seemingly, and references "sending the applicant a letter," but I've never heard of them sending anything physical before. It's also a bit nonsensical for them to do it now, as they're the processing center for Poland/Belarus/Russia and some Ukraine, so that would be a bit of a mess with everyone moving around. And congrats on getting your number! :)

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Timeline
1 hour ago, slavaskii said:

Thanks for letting me know! Out of curiosity, where did you find that India still physically sends packets, was it on their website or was it through other forum members? Warsaw's website was just updated within the past few days, seemingly, and references "sending the applicant a letter," but I've never heard of them sending anything physical before. It's also a bit nonsensical for them to do it now, as they're the processing center for Poland/Belarus/Russia and some Ukraine, so that would be a bit of a mess with everyone moving around. And congrats on getting your number! :)

I don't believe websites at all - so inconsistent!  I found out from forum members who recently had interviews in last month. I agree that all should be digital!  come on people!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys! Just an update, so I recieved an email today from NVC to let me know our case is in transit to London (took roughly a week since NVC created our case number) it's moving pretty quick. Now to see how quick I can book an interview date haha thats the real question!

31 minutes ago, DeeJess said:

Hey guys! Just an update, so I recieved an email today from NVC to let me know our case is in transit to London (took roughly a week since NVC created our case number) it's moving pretty quick. Now to see how quick I can book an interview date haha thats the real question!

YAY ! Congrats !!! Hope you get to book one very soon  :) 

I got my case # today, can't wait when it's all over 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, EM&R said:

YAY ! Congrats !!! Hope you get to book one very soon  :) 

I got my case # today, can't wait when it's all over 

Hey that's great news :) let's hope this is the smoothest part of this whole journey!

I'm trying to figure out this DHL hack but for the life of me I can't - do you happen to know anything about it?

Timeline
51 minutes ago, DeeJess said:

Wow, congrats!  no email from me.  Who did the email come to?  US citizen or beneficiary?  how exciting.  keep us posted on the steps.  I think fees have to be paid before you can book the interview.  

11 minutes ago, DeeJess said:

Hey that's great news :) let's hope this is the smoothest part of this whole journey!

I'm trying to figure out this DHL hack but for the life of me I can't - do you happen to know anything about it?

Try tomorrow, it takes up to 24 hours for the system to show. If you put other months, you should be able to see it. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, SandyR said:

Wow, congrats!  no email from me.  Who did the email come to?  US citizen or beneficiary?  how exciting.  keep us posted on the steps.  I think fees have to be paid before you can book the interview.  

Thank you :)! When I called NVC the lady asked me if I wanted my email to be added as well so I could recieve notification. So they sent both of us the same email :) ill definitely keep you guys posted. Yeah, I'll be paying the fees and submitting the DS form today too! 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, EM&R said:

Try tomorrow, it takes up to 24 hours for the system to show. If you put other months, you should be able to see 

Ahh I see hehe I got a bit eager :) I'll try again tomorrow!

Hello all at the NVC processing stage,

Our case is "In Transit", as shown in my Timeline. I got the email, even though it was addressed to my beneficiary fiancee. Apparently, USCIS or NVC did not complete my inquiries to update both of our emails. The email attached letter goes something like this:

15-March-2022

Dear XXXXXXXXX (beneficiary name),

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Taipei, Taiwan. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition.

Next steps:
Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa interview.

Please keep the following information for your records:

Case Number:  XXXXXXXXXXXXX

USCIS Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Principal Applicant: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Petitioner: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Interview Location: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Post Address: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your patience in the immigrant visa process.

Sincerely,

National Visa Center 
U.S. Department of State

Notice that I highlighted several weeks as that may be NVC's way to temper the expectations? I'll keep updating my Timeline as we progress. But I hope this information helps.

Edited by EatBulaga

Timeline
25 minutes ago, EatBulaga said:

Hello all at the NVC processing stage,

Our case is "In Transit", as shown in my Timeline. I got the email, even though it was addressed to my beneficiary fiancee. Apparently, USCIS or NVC did not complete my inquiries to update both of our emails. The email attached letter goes something like this:

Notice that I highlighted several weeks as that may be NVC's way to temper the expectations? I'll keep updating my Timeline as we progress. But I hope this information helps.

Wow.  congratulations and thank you for the information.  Hoping my case gets sent tomorrow!!

this is exciting!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.