JojoandTomas

FEBRUARY 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

381 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
58 minutes ago, charlottewitch said:

Aha, I look at the "make a timeline" page and it looks like a lot of data entry, not sure if I want to do all that honestly... 😅 I don't have a lot of free time.

However, telling you the dates, that's easy.

My petition's USCIS received date is March 22nd, 2021.

My petition was approved on February 15th.
NVC case number was assigned just today apparently.

Not sure when it arrived at NVC specifically- unsure of if I've been given this information- but I assume it was quite soon after Feb 15th.

wow, you were super fast after approval!!!  congrats again!  and good luck.

On 3/6/2022 at 8:58 AM, SandyR said:

They SUGGEST you wait to contact but most of us start contacting NVC about a week or two after our NOA2!!  I have been calling almost daily.  If you are patient, you can wait for the email to come (probably less stressful!  lol), but if you want to know ASAP, I'd call them frequently to check on things. 

I have been on hold for more than 25 min now. Is it usually like this or do I have the wrong phone number? 😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys!

So I just called NVC and we've finally got our case number! :)!!

NOA2 - Feb 1st

NVC Recieved - Feb 28th

Case Number - 8th March 

I hope you all recieve good news today :)! 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Hlebster said:

Update:

Just got off the call. On hold for about 2.5 hours (total call duration 2:31). NOA2 2/10/22; NVC received 2/22/2022; case assigned 3/4/2022.

worth the wait!!!  congratulations!

53 minutes ago, DeeJess said:

Hi guys!

So I just called NVC and we've finally got our case number! :)!!

NOA2 - Feb 1st

NVC Recieved - Feb 28th

Case Number - 8th March 

I hope you all recieve good news today :)! 

wow - lots of good news these days!  congratulations.

Timeline
11 hours ago, Polly3 said:

I have been on hold for more than 25 min now. Is it usually like this or do I have the wrong phone number? 😂

Hopefully you got through.  my experience in calling has been holds from 5 minutes up to 2 1/2 hours!  timing is everything.  I think later in day is best or very first thing when they open.

Timeline
2 hours ago, SandyR said:

worth the wait!!!  congratulations!

wow - lots of good news these days!  congratulations.

You're bound to recieve good news!

I truly hope you get the news today as you've waited such a long time and honestly we've waited long enough to be reunited with our loved ones!

Timeline
32 minutes ago, DeeJess said:

You're bound to recieve good news!

I truly hope you get the news today as you've waited such a long time and honestly we've waited long enough to be reunited with our loved ones!

Thank you!  Yes, this process is very long and really a hardship on all.  Praying that these government agencies pick up speed!  We can all use some good news and get on with our futures with our loved ones beside us 💖

Timeline
43 minutes ago, SandyR said:

Thank you!  Yes, this process is very long and really a hardship on all.  Praying that these government agencies pick up speed!  We can all use some good news and get on with our futures with our loved ones beside us 💖

Yeah, it goes without saying that if we can survive this distance, this pressure and stress from this entire visa process then we can survive anything haha 

Do you happen to know what we do now? Do we just wait until NVC send our case to our embassies and then start filling thst DS form online? 

I cant wait until I see myself with my fiance, together and for all this stress to be a thing in the past!!

38 minutes ago, M+K said:

Got my case # today! Unfortunately, the embassy in Mexico City stopped taking cases from the NVC and hasn’t resumed. No idea how long this next wait will be :(

Is there another embassy you can transfer your case to? Idk if that's allowed but just wondering if that might be a thing?

Timeline
1 hour ago, DeeJess said:

Yeah, it goes without saying that if we can survive this distance, this pressure and stress from this entire visa process then we can survive anything haha 

Do you happen to know what we do now? Do we just wait until NVC send our case to our embassies and then start filling thst DS form online? 

I cant wait until I see myself with my fiance, together and for all this stress to be a thing in the past!!

Is there another embassy you can transfer your case to? Idk if that's allowed but just wondering if that might be a thing?

Once you get your case # (which you have), log on and pay your fees.  the NVC site says pay online, but I thought some where saying the beneficiary pays.  but anyway, if you long onto CEAC, you should be able to see.  let us know!  

Timeline
3 hours ago, SandyR said:

Once you get your case # (which you have), log on and pay your fees.  the NVC site says pay online, but I thought some where saying the beneficiary pays.  but anyway, if you long onto CEAC, you should be able to see.  let us know!  

Okay so I've managed to log in online with my case number etc and I have to fill in the DS-160 form, however, I've tried to complete this via my mobile but yeah it's giving me problems and my laptop isn't working atm. I'm going to complete this form tomorrow at work and then give you an update :)

Timeline
7 minutes ago, DeeJess said:

Okay so I've managed to log in online with my case number etc and I have to fill in the DS-160 form, however, I've tried to complete this via my mobile but yeah it's giving me problems and my laptop isn't working atm. I'm going to complete this form tomorrow at work and then give you an update :)

the DS 160 should be filled out by the beneficiary and does not need to be completed before moving to embassy.  You do have to pay the fees though.  Did you see a spot for that?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, SandyR said:

the DS 160 should be filled out by the beneficiary and does not need to be completed before moving to embassy.  You do have to pay the fees though.  Did you see a spot for that?

Oh I'm the beneficiary and no I didn't see that option - I read somewhere that for the London Embassy we pay the fee at the time of our interview? Or perhaps, once we complete this form and once the status changes to "ready" we can then proceed to book the interview and pay the fee?

Haha it's all very confusing but tomorrow I'll have a better view on the computer screen opposed to my phone 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.