JojoandTomas

FEBRUARY 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

381 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
6 hours ago, Oti&Dum said:

Our case has changed to “Ready” status, finally!!!

Also, if anyone can please help me, I made the UStraveldocs account without using diacritics on my last name ( I wrote “i” instead of “î”) and then I saw that they say to write your name like in your passport, where there are diacritics, but now I cannot change it on UStraveldocs account. Is that a problem? Any idea how I can change it? 

Call Romania through TravelDocs, they are very responsive through my prior contact with them. My guess is that if it's a spelling error, they may have to delete the account; certain things can be overrided on their end, but I don't think this is one of them (like passport number). Be aware their business times reflect local time in Romania, and not the United States.

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
1 hour ago, slavaskii said:

Call Romania through TravelDocs, they are very responsive through my prior contact with them. My guess is that if it's a spelling error, they may have to delete the account; certain things can be overrided on their end, but I don't think this is one of them (like passport number). Be aware their business times reflect local time in Romania, and not the United States.

Thanks a bunch! I called today and they said that is not a problem, because it’s just written with a international character instead of a romanian one. And I should do the same thing for the DS-160 form, since that needs to be completed in English. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
3 hours ago, Oti&Dum said:

Thanks a bunch! I called today and they said that is not a problem, because it’s just written with a international character instead of a romanian one. And I should do the same thing for the DS-160 form, since that needs to be completed in English. 

The DS-160 should be able to be updated by TravelDocs support at most 3 days before the interview, so no worries if you catch a mistake now; just create a new DS-160 and they'll advise you what to do with it. Good luck!

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, Polly3 said:

Hey guys,

so is it safe to fill out the DS 160 when the status says ready but no email from the embassy has been received yet? 

You can actually fill it out as soon as you get your case and invoice numbers from NVC.  It’s good to get it done.  Take your time as others have said.  You can save and review.  

On 4/1/2022 at 5:53 PM, SandyR said:

You can actually fill it out as soon as you get your case and invoice numbers from NVC.  It’s good to get it done.  Take your time as others have said.  You can save and review.  

Perfect! 
what about the interview? Can we book it now or do we have to wait for an email from the embassy that they have received our case? 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Polly3 said:

Perfect! 
what about the interview? Can we book it now or do we have to wait for an email from the embassy that they have received our case? 

Each country seems to be different.  I would log on to UStravelDocs and see if they allow you to pay fee and schedule.  Fee must be paid first.  Some countries allow you to pay online and others require you to go to local bank.  Once you pay fee, you will have a receipt number that gets connected to your login at UStravelDocs.  Then you verify info and schedule.  Give it a try.  Good luck. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hey guys! Anyone here had the interview yet and can give us an insight? I want to believe it’s just a formality and the answer can only be “approved” again haha. Good luck to everyone! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hiiii update time!

Just had my medical in London. So I turned up to the medical, receptionist signed me in and asked me to hand over all of the documents so they could make copies. They kept my passport until the end of my appointment.

Documents:
1. NVC letter
2. Passport
3. GP health summary
4. Vaccination sheet (from gp)
5. Police certificate from the UK
6. Medical questionnaire
7. 4x passport style pictures

I was given another questionnaire to fill in whilst I was waiting (just a few questions regarding futher health, diabetes, drug and alcohol abuse, medical problems etc).

A doctor then called me for the examination and questions based on the questionnaire I filled in whilst waiting. He checked my eye sight, ears, took blood, pressed on my stomach, reflexes for my elbows and knees and checked my blood pressure and that was it. Very quick and painless!!

Then I was asked to sit in the waiting room to wait for a chest xray. Nurse called me up for my xray, spent a total of 5minutes.

Back to the waiting room for my immunisation check (didn't end up having it as I had all of my vaccines). Receptionist lady calls my name, paid for my medical and handed back my passport and documents from the medical!

I didnt have to provide a urine sample as no one asked me for one.

I cannot praise the staff enough, so kind, welcoming and understanding!

Appointment took less than an hour. 5 working days for my results to be sent directly to the US embassy!

Any questions I'll be more than happy to answer :)

Interview scheduled for next week! 

Timeline
14 hours ago, DeeJess said:

Hiiii update time!

Just had my medical in London. So I turned up to the medical, receptionist signed me in and asked me to hand over all of the documents so they could make copies. They kept my passport until the end of my appointment.

Documents:
1. NVC letter
2. Passport
3. GP health summary
4. Vaccination sheet (from gp)
5. Police certificate from the UK
6. Medical questionnaire
7. 4x passport style pictures

I was given another questionnaire to fill in whilst I was waiting (just a few questions regarding futher health, diabetes, drug and alcohol abuse, medical problems etc).

A doctor then called me for the examination and questions based on the questionnaire I filled in whilst waiting. He checked my eye sight, ears, took blood, pressed on my stomach, reflexes for my elbows and knees and checked my blood pressure and that was it. Very quick and painless!!

Then I was asked to sit in the waiting room to wait for a chest xray. Nurse called me up for my xray, spent a total of 5minutes.

Back to the waiting room for my immunisation check (didn't end up having it as I had all of my vaccines). Receptionist lady calls my name, paid for my medical and handed back my passport and documents from the medical!

I didnt have to provide a urine sample as no one asked me for one.

I cannot praise the staff enough, so kind, welcoming and understanding!

Appointment took less than an hour. 5 working days for my results to be sent directly to the US embassy!

Any questions I'll be more than happy to answer :)

Interview scheduled for next week! 

Good to hear that everything went smoothly! I'm having mine in three weeks and everything paperwork is pretty much ready except the full medical history printout, which I have requested from my GP three weeks ago but they sure are taking their time.

I have the GP health summary printout and from what I see only that is needed and they don't really need the full medical history.

I hope everything goes well with the interview - keep us updated!

Timeline
31 minutes ago, gus_mili said:

Good to hear that everything went smoothly! I'm having mine in three weeks and everything paperwork is pretty much ready except the full medical history printout, which I have requested from my GP three weeks ago but they sure are taking their time.

I have the GP health summary printout and from what I see only that is needed and they don't really need the full medical history.

I hope everything goes well with the interview - keep us updated!

Hey, yeah it was very smooth cannot fault anything about the entire appointment! I hope your medical goes well.

You dont need the full medical history only the summary (that's the only thing I brought with me) :)

I hope so too, I'll give a full review of the interview by next week :)

Feb 24 NOA2 and still awaiting NVC to send to local embassy. My fiancée’s visa will expire in Jan 2023 about 8 months from now. I have following questions

- Should I ask her to renew passport and use that new passport number on the DS-160 we will need to fill?

- The K1 visa application was started using the current passport number, will that matter if we change the passport number on the DS-160?

- A passport police verification is required as prerequisite to interview, should that be done on the old passport? Or it would be better to renew passport and then request for PCC on new passport?

thanks in advance!

Edited by march129F
Correction of mistake

Timeline
2 hours ago, march129F said:

Feb 24 NOA2 and still awaiting NVC to send to local embassy. My fiancée’s visa will expire in Jan 2023 about 8 months from now. I have following questions

- Should I ask her to renew passport and use that new passport number on the DS-160 we will need to fill?

- The K1 visa application was started using the current passport number, will that matter if we change the passport number on the DS-160?

- A passport police verification is required as prerequisite to interview, should that be done on the old passport? Or it would be better to renew passport and then request for PCC on new passport?

thanks in advance!

You need to renew the passport.  Had to be valid for all the processes that follow.  And renewal should keep the same number but just update issue and expiration.  I’m sure this happens all the time.  I’d renew and then order the PCC

I got case and invoice number but when I go to https://ceac.state.gov/IV and try to check status I see the below message. NVC's customer service told me my case did not get shipped to Ethiopian embassy this week but I am not sure how to track status of my case going forward. Did you see something similar after your case got # assigned to it? My case was assigned case # on April 5th. 

K visas are nonimmigrant visas that assist spouses or future spouses of American citizens in entering the United States. As with all nonimmigrant visa applicants, a DS-160 must be filled out in order for a consular section to process the case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.