SDoake

Issues with scheduling an interview appointment

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi,

I am a UK citizen and am applying for an IR1 visa. A few days ago the London embassy instructed me via email to schedule my interview using the ais.usvisa-info website. Unfortunately I am experiencing some difficulties on this website. I can log in using my registered email and password but when I try to select the "service that fits my needs” and fill in my details, including my case number, it keeps telling me that an applicant already exists for this case number and it won’t let me proceed.

I should mention that my case was originally being processed by the Dublin embassy and I had an interview set up with them (via the ais.usvisa-info website) however due to circumstances beyond my control I had to reschedule this appointment and upon doing so Dublin decided my case was no eligible to be processed by them and transferred it to London. Under the direction of the website's tech support I re-registered with a new email address but this has done nothing to fix the problem.

Has anyone else been in this same situation and how was it resolved?

Thanks

Sharon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, SDoake said:

I haven’t seen this, but would try contacting the London embassy using this form https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/iv-contact_form/

Say you had a previous case and appointment at Dublin but have been transferred to London. And now you’re unable to use that case number to register for an interview in London. Ask if they can unlock your case so you can proceed or assign an interview to you.

You are using the same login/password from Dublin, right?

Edited by Wuozopo

1 hour ago, SDoake said:

Hi,

I am a UK citizen and am applying for an IR1 visa. A few days ago the London embassy instructed me via email to schedule my interview using the ais.usvisa-info website. Unfortunately I am experiencing some difficulties on this website. I can log in using my registered email and password but when I try to select the "service that fits my needs” and fill in my details, including my case number, it keeps telling me that an applicant already exists for this case number and it won’t let me proceed.

I should mention that my case was originally being processed by the Dublin embassy and I had an interview set up with them (via the ais.usvisa-info website) however due to circumstances beyond my control I had to reschedule this appointment and upon doing so Dublin decided my case was no eligible to be processed by them and transferred it to London. Under the direction of the website's tech support I re-registered with a new email address but this has done nothing to fix the problem.

Thanks

Sharon

We were not in your exact position, but did have an issue between Dublin and London. My husband is an Irish citizen but born and lived in the North (UK). Sadly we were ignorant and used a lawyer for our K1. The DS 160 (I believe that is correct form number) was sent to Dublin. London however was where we were to schedule our interview. We got the interview scheduled in London and arrived there. They could not pull up our documents as they of course were in Dublin (which refused to process my husband even though he is an Irish citizen). So long story short, the people in London were very nice. They told us to get on our phone and fill out another form while they contacted Dublin to try and have the form transferred to them. Since you need to schedule an interview, perhaps contact Dublin and ask them to transfer your info to London and cancel your appointment. Perhaps Dublin did not close out your open appointment. That may help solve your problem. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks, I will try and contact the Dublin embassy and see if its something on their end that's holding things up, hopefully they get back to me quickly, you know what its like contacting these people, sometimes it takes weeks for a response! 

I understand your situation, I too am an Irish citizen born and raised in Northern Ireland, its caused a lot of confusion and wasted time during our visa application process, nearly there though hopefully!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.