ineedadisplayname

N-400 February 2022 Filers

367 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I read on here (VJ) somewhere, that at your interview you can ask for certified copies of your naturalization certificate. Did anyone do this? 

Naturalization Timeline
02/08/2022 - N-400 submitted online

02/09/2022 - status update (your case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/09/2022 - letter received in online inbox - biometrics being reused, no appointment required

08/01/2022 - interview notice received

09/20/2022 - interview scheduled

APPROVED!

09/21/2022 - Oath Ceremony

09/21/2022 - Applied for passport book & card and registered to vote

10/29/2022 - received passport book (not expedited)

11/03/2022 - received passport card

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 8/12/2022 at 7:16 PM, Sierra_297 said:

Hi Guys!

I'm located in Rockledge, FL.

Anybody from Florida are still waiting? Just getting impatient. :(

Thanks!

I am also waiting, Jacksonville, Florida. I filed at the beginning of February, still waiting for interview :( It's a bit frustrating to see so many people getting their interviews and oath ceremonies having filed in March/April

Hi All!

Longtime follower, first time poster. I filed in February 2022 and had my interview today in Portland, OR. My attorney was with me during the interview and the officer was very courteous and professional. Passed the civics, reading, and writing tests with flying colors and no out-of-the-box questions during review of the N-400 application questions. At the end, the officer advised he could not provided a decision at this time, but will recommend approval. When my attorney questioned the non-decision, the officer advised that my I-751 file was not with my N-400 file and had to request the completed file from Nebraska (LIN SC). The officer went on the explain that since my I-751 was recently approved (June 2022), there was no issues with approval, but had to wait for the completed I-751 case file to be sent from Nebraska to Portland for final approval.

Other than the odd hiccup, the experience went well overall! Now it's just a waiting game for the official approval and oath ceremony letter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
6 hours ago, CG&LGG said:

I read on here (VJ) somewhere, that at your interview you can ask for certified copies of your naturalization certificate. Did anyone do this? 

Without oath ceremony, you are not citizen yet, so I assume this case would be that some offices arrange oath ceremony just after the interview same day and they give you the naturalization certificate same day. Not all offices do same day oath ceremony though.

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Huckleberry&Koala said:

Without oath ceremony, you are not citizen yet, so I assume this case would be that some offices arrange oath ceremony just after the interview same day and they give you the naturalization certificate same day. Not all offices do same day oath ceremony though.

Correct. But say they do schedule you for next day, at what point can you ask for certified copies? At the ceremony? With the officer at the interview?

Naturalization Timeline
02/08/2022 - N-400 submitted online

02/09/2022 - status update (your case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/09/2022 - letter received in online inbox - biometrics being reused, no appointment required

08/01/2022 - interview notice received

09/20/2022 - interview scheduled

APPROVED!

09/21/2022 - Oath Ceremony

09/21/2022 - Applied for passport book & card and registered to vote

10/29/2022 - received passport book (not expedited)

11/03/2022 - received passport card

2 hours ago, Cascadia91 said:

Hi All!

Longtime follower, first time poster. I filed in February 2022 and had my interview today in Portland, OR. My attorney was with me during the interview and the officer was very courteous and professional. Passed the civics, reading, and writing tests with flying colors and no out-of-the-box questions during review of the N-400 application questions. At the end, the officer advised he could not provided a decision at this time, but will recommend approval. When my attorney questioned the non-decision, the officer advised that my I-751 file was not with my N-400 file and had to request the completed file from Nebraska (LIN SC). The officer went on the explain that since my I-751 was recently approved (June 2022), there was no issues with approval, but had to wait for the completed I-751 case file to be sent from Nebraska to Portland for final approval.

Other than the odd hiccup, the experience went well overall! Now it's just a waiting game for the official approval and oath ceremony letter.

Thank you for sharing. 
I just got scheduled interview today for 9/19. But my I-751 is showing ready to be scheduled interview. 
base on your experience, how do I know if it’s a combo interview or not. 

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

had my interview on Friday at Chatsworth field office in Los Angeles. Went through the application with the officer. Then go my oath and certificate of citizenship an hour later.

Applied on Feb 16 so took exaclty 6mo

questions asked were;

- what is freedom of religion

- what are states borders Mexico

- who is my congressional representative

- name two federal holidays

- number of amendments to the constitution

- who serves as president if the president is no longer able to.

Edited by GS23

4 hours ago, GS23 said:

had my interview on Friday at Chatsworth field office in Los Angeles. Went through the application with the officer. Then go my oath and certificate of citizenship an hour later.

Applied on Feb 16 so took exaclty 6mo

questions asked were;

- what is freedom of religion

- what are states borders Mexico

- who is my congressional representative

- name two federal holidays

- number of amendments to the constitution

- who serves as president if the president is no longer able to.

Thank you for sharing ! And congrats ! 
I have pending i751 and n400 Got interview scheduled today for 9/19. Wish me luck☺️

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Just received my interview notice online today for 9/19! Filed 2/21/2022. 

08/13/2013 Came to the US on F1 visa

09/26/2013 Met my husband

11/03/2013 Started dating

03/11/2015 Got married at the court house

10/23/2015 Medical exam done

11/04/2015 AOS package mailed out by USPS priority (I130 & I145 concurrent filing)

11/06/2015 Packaged delivered to Chicago Lockbox

11/13/2015 Both checks cashed by USCIS

11/15/2015 Received text msg notification of receipts of I765, I131, I130 and I485

11/19/2015 Received NOA in mail

11/20/2015 Received biometrics appointment letter in the mail

12/04/2015 Biometrics appointment completed

12/09/2015 Case ready to be scheduled for interview

01/25/2016 Submitted online service request for EAD

01/27/2016 I765 case status updated to "New Card Being Produced"

01/28/2016 EAD officially approved and card has been mailed

02/03/2016 EAD/AP combo card received in the mail. YAY!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/27/2016 EAD/AP renewal application mailed USPS priority

10/29/2016 EAD/AP renewal package delivered to Chicago Lockbox (Saturday)

11/02/2016 Online case status updated to interview scheduled for December 8th

11/12/2016 New medical exam done due to one year validity

12/08/2016 AOS interview and case was APPROVED, new card is being produced

12/12/2016 Received Approval/welcome notice in the mail

12/16/2016 Received conditional green card in the mail

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01/31/2017 Filed for divorce (long story)

07/26/2017 Final divorce decree granted 

08/21/2017 i-751 with divorce waiver package mailed USPS priority 

08/28/2017 NOA/Extension letter received in mail 

11/01/2018 New card is being produced

11/02/2018 Case approved 

11/06/2018 Card has been mailed to me

11/08/2018 Received 10 year green card in mail

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/21/2022 Applied for N-400 Naturalization online. Bio-reuse. 

8/16/2022 Interview scheduled for 9/19

9/19/2022 Interview. Recommended for Approval 

10/12/2022 Oath Ceremony 

On 8/15/2022 at 2:24 PM, Hsiangyu said:

Thank you for sharing. 
I just got scheduled interview today for 9/19. But my I-751 is showing ready to be scheduled interview. 
base on your experience, how do I know if it’s a combo interview or not. 

Hard to tell, from reading everyone’s experiences on this forum (and everyone has great insight!), I would go in expecting a combo interview just in case. Also, the appointment letter may also indicate a combo interview in some cases.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Hi all,

Here is my timeline too. The information you all shared helped me a lot! 02/21/2022 N-400 application received. 02/21/2022 Biometric reuse. 08/16/2022 Interview Scheduled. 10/03/2022 interview appointment. I filled online, based on 5 years employee green card. Milwaukee, WI 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 8/15/2022 at 12:50 PM, CG&LGG said:

Correct. But say they do schedule you for next day, at what point can you ask for certified copies? At the ceremony? With the officer at the interview?

As far as I know they hand it to you just after the oath ceremony.

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 8/15/2022 at 3:50 PM, CG&LGG said:

No officer at the interview will give you certified copies of anything, because it does not yet exist. Should you have the oath ceremony scheduled the same day, like some few people on here did, then you might ask them, but ONLY after the pledge of allegiance is said at the ceremony. Nobody even gets it before then, it is handed to everyone after the ceremony of oath is over. 

If you don’t mind me asking, what are you really needing the copies for? I’m a little confused. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.