J&D1008

FEBRUARY 2022 I-129F K1 FILERS

422 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

"In transit to an officer" sounds like they transferred from an officer to another? I mean, why is it in transit when your petition has been there all along? Weird!
Well, waiting 45 more days is infuriating too but gotta celebrate the little victories. I'm glad your senators could get this info and not just a generic response! Praying you hear something way sooner than 45 days!

It's such a vague statement. It could be what you've suggested or it could even mean that it's been sat in storage and is only just being sent to an officer to be worked on. I honestly don't know as I haven't seen anyone else recieve a message like this when searching around forums. I'll keep you posted regardless 😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, JLees2k said:

Update on the Senator response. Recieved this email from them regarding the USCIS enquiry:

"Thank you for your inquiry, relating to the petition filed with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Your constituent’s case is currently in transit to an officer. Your constituent should receive a notice of action* within 45 days from the date of this response. If a notice is not received after 45 days, please submit a new inquiry."

No idea what this really means but I suppose it is better than "your constituent's case is within the normal processing time"!

Just FYI, when our case seemed overdue looking at the updated spreadsheet in this thread I decided to contact my Congressman's office and they were amazingly helpful and filed a Congressional Inquiry on my behalf. They forwarded a USCIS response saying that is was "processing normally" but alas, two weeks later it was approved. I have read elsewhere on VJ an interview with a former USCIS officer who stated that when they get a Congressional Inquiry, they do have to get on it ASAP even though this is not publicly stated. Good luck on your case, I hope it's approved soon!

16 minutes ago, snewbery said:

Just FYI, when our case seemed overdue looking at the updated spreadsheet in this thread I decided to contact my Congressman's office and they were amazingly helpful and filed a Congressional Inquiry on my behalf. They forwarded a USCIS response saying that is was "processing normally" but alas, two weeks later it was approved. I have read elsewhere on VJ an interview with a former USCIS officer who stated that when they get a Congressional Inquiry, they do have to get on it ASAP even though this is not publicly stated. Good luck on your case, I hope it's approved soon!

I appreciate this and am hopeful this will be the case. I contacted live chat yesterday and was told up to 52 days, this new email says 45. I just didn't expect the Senator's office to respond so quickly and a response from USCIS so quickly too. Either way, thanks for the support as always!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
16 hours ago, snewbery said:

How many days did you wait until you contacted your congressman?

I still waiting, 381 days, I'm a June filer so I can't say they have left me behind yet but I ask just incase😅

Thanks❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
57 minutes ago, alexam23 said:

Is there another thread for people who have had their petition approved, but still haven't received their welcome letter from the NVC. We are going on 105 days since approval with no welcome letter. 

There is! I am assuming your NOA2 was either March or April?

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
On 7/13/2023 at 10:19 AM, Elays said:

How many days did you wait until you contacted your congressman?

I still waiting, 381 days, I'm a June filer so I can't say they have left me behind yet but I ask just incase😅

Thanks❤️

Sorry for the late reply, I don't check this thread as often now that I am on the NVC thread. I contacted my Congressman a year and two months after my NOA1 but from what I have learned, I should have done it sooner. Your Congressman or Senator's office will be happy to help after at least a year of waiting. You will probably get the standard reply from USCIS that your case is progressing normally, but behind the scenes, a Congressional Inquiry will most likely trigger a speed-up on your case. Good Luck!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JLees2k said:

Just wanted to update you @Bh_sarah and anyone else interested that we had our case approved today! Thank you for all for the support you provided. The bonus is that I am able to celebrate this whilst being on holiday in the US with my fiance 😁

YESSSSSS!!!!!!! I’m so happy for you!!!! You waited so long! Congratulations 🥳🤍 Happy you can celebrate together too!!!!! 

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
12 hours ago, JLees2k said:

Just wanted to update you @Bh_sarah and anyone else interested that we had our case approved today! Thank you for all for the support you provided. The bonus is that I am able to celebrate this whilst being on holiday in the US with my fiance 😁

OMG congrats ☺️☺️☺️❤️❤️❤️

I'm so happy for you! After 529 days! Jesus!!!!! Enjoy iiiiiit🥳🥳🥳

Go and have a d*mn party🍻🎆

Timeline
On 7/25/2023 at 11:21 PM, JLees2k said:

Congratulations...finally!!! Great timing to go celebrate!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Resurrecting this thread to say I was approved today at the interview! Just waiting now for the CEAC to show approved and then issued!

NOA1:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

Resurrecting this thread to say I was approved today at the interview! Just waiting now for the CEAC to show approved and then issued!

Congratulations!! 😁🏆

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 2/5/2022 at 1:18 AM, Stook said:

Finally got our I-129F put together. Hopefully, that's the most stressful piece of this puzzle.

We are applying for K1. Thailand to USA.

I-129 F Sent -  February 4th, 2022

My fiancee had her interview last Thursday. Everything went very well, though the immigration officer almost lost the Affidavit of Support (and supporting document).  

After 1 day, our status in CEAC site changed from 'Approved' to 'Issued'.  

On 10/7/2023 at 6:09 PM, Stook said:

My fiancee had her interview last Thursday. Everything went very well, though the immigration officer almost lost the Affidavit of Support (and supporting document).  

After 1 day, our status in CEAC site changed from 'Approved' to 'Issued'.  

Congrats! Have you gotten your passport yet?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.