J&D1008

FEBRUARY 2022 I-129F K1 FILERS

422 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/15/2023 at 1:23 PM, Robert Frasher said:

Hi Sarah,

I am starting to get frustrated as well.  At this point, I am starting to care less and if my case gets rejected or RFE, I might as well move out of the US.  Valencia, Spain has been calling my name for a while anyways.

Oh yeah, the waiting is frustrating, but now being so close and feel like I'm being left behind is worse. I have relatives in Valencia, it looks like a beautiful city! I wish I had an option to move anywhere else with my fiancé but our plan for a family doesn't really work anywhere else, he has a home and stable income there, I am the one that can work remotely.

Being a single, young 3rd world citizen also doesn't make my life easier when it comes to immigrating to 1st world countries. Depending on where your fiancé is from, they will also have this issue and it might even take longer than US immigration. When we thought about meeting in Europe, I had to explain to my fiancé that even though I don't need a pre-approved visa to enter Europe, it didn't mean that I would be able to enter any country there easily, especially in the phase I am of not having many ties to my home country preparing to move to US. Same in Mexico. The immigration booth agent stamped his passport without asking anything, I was questioned for half an hour because the lady thought I was being trafficked into the country. But later when I had a Canadian visa on my passport and entered through the US/Canadian airline terminal, only one question too and "have a good vacation". The difference in treatment is baffling.

This process is hard on everyone, but in my view, immigrating to US and then becoming a permanent resident/citizen later it's the only path for most of us 3rd world fiancés to have security that we'll be able to be together with our soon-to-be-spouses anywhere in the world. Sounds great to move somewhere else and skip this whole thing, but that means that, to visit his home country or other countries, I will always go through scrutiny, always need for visas and pre-checks. And if we ever need to relocate somewhere else, even to my own country, knowing my "citizen status" is the same as him makes a whole difference. That's the world we're living in.

Sorry, I'm ranting. This process is hard and every couple has their own challenges, I wish it was different but I know we're doing the right thing. Hold on, your approval is coming as well and soon you will be together and can even start planning moving to Spain with more security and confidence if that's what you have in mind ❤️

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi everyone, been lurking and following this thread for a while now and decided to make an account to post that I received RFE on 4/13 for our case filed 2/15/21. Fiance is from Thailand. A few questions; first, how long should we expect to wait to receive the RFE in the mail? Second, we are using an attorney who I believe at the start of the process we designated to receive all correspondence/docs, will they be receiving the RFE in the mail as opposed to me? Third, what does the timeline look like after replying to them and them receiving the requested info?

Thanks and good luck to the rest of you on speedy approvals.

5 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

Oh yeah, the waiting is frustrating, but now being so close and feel like I'm being left behind is worse. I have relatives in Valencia, it looks like a beautiful city! I wish I had an option to move anywhere else with my fiancé but our plan for a family doesn't really work anywhere else, he has a home and stable income there, I am the one that can work remotely.

Being a single, young 3rd world citizen also doesn't make my life easier when it comes to immigrating to 1st world countries. Depending on where your fiancé is from, they will also have this issue and it might even take longer than US immigration. When we thought about meeting in Europe, I had to explain to my fiancé that even though I don't need a pre-approved visa to enter Europe, it didn't mean that I would be able to enter any country there easily, especially in the phase I am of not having many ties to my home country preparing to move to US. Same in Mexico. The immigration booth agent stamped his passport without asking anything, I was questioned for half an hour because the lady thought I was being trafficked into the country. But later when I had a Canadian visa on my passport and entered through the US/Canadian airline terminal, only one question too and "have a good vacation". The difference in treatment is baffling.

This process is hard on everyone, but in my view, immigrating to US and then becoming a permanent resident/citizen later it's the only path for most of us 3rd world fiancés to have security that we'll be able to be together with our soon-to-be-spouses anywhere in the world. Sounds great to move somewhere else and skip this whole thing, but that means that, to visit his home country or other countries, I will always go through scrutiny, always need for visas and pre-checks. And if we ever need to relocate somewhere else, even to my own country, knowing my "citizen status" is the same as him makes a whole difference. That's the world we're living in.

Sorry, I'm ranting. This process is hard and every couple has their own challenges, I wish it was different but I know we're doing the right thing. Hold on, your approval is coming as well and soon you will be together and can even start planning moving to Spain with more security and confidence if that's what you have in mind ❤️

Valencia is definitely an amazing city and is much more lively than any city in the US.

I am living in Greenville, SC and it is a pretty good place, but I feel like I will need a change abroad in the future with the way things are trending in the United States. I feel like having kids here would be a bit of a burden because of the lack of public transportation and I don't like to drive and sit in traffic. My fiance is from Venezuela and is living in Argentina, we were in Brazil about 4 weeks ago (Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro). She hasn't had trouble with her Venezuelan passport in any place, including Europe.  I know that people from Latin America benefit from a fast track to citizenship in Spain and Portugal which is why I think it may be a good option for her and myself.  I am currently in a similar situation as your husband, my job is here, I own a condo etc and definitely think it won't be easy to move abroad if I do end up making that decision.  I just hope I know the status of this visa soon.  If it fails, I will probably send my fiance to get things started in Spain and figure things out from there.

Edited by Robert Frasher

Timeline
3 hours ago, Robert Frasher said:

Valencia is definitely an amazing city and is much more lively than any city in the US.

I am living in Greenville, SC and it is a pretty good place, but I feel like I will need a change abroad in the future with the way things are trending in the United States. I feel like having kids here would be a bit of a burden because of the lack of public transportation and I don't like to drive and sit in traffic. My fiance is from Venezuela and is living in Argentina, we were in Brazil about 4 weeks ago (Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro). She hasn't had trouble with her Venezuelan passport in any place, including Europe.  I know that people from Latin America benefit from a fast track to citizenship in Spain and Portugal which is why I think it may be a good option for her and myself.  I am currently in a similar situation as your husband, my job is here, I own a condo etc and definitely think it won't be easy to move abroad if I do end up making that decision.  I just hope I know the status of this visa soon.  If it fails, I will probably send my fiance to get things started in Spain and figure things out from there.

Oh, got it! I see. I am a bit traumatized with immigration as you can see even though I never dared doing anything that would be even considered illegal! haha I was given hell too when I travelled alone to Ireland (and that's even after living in London for a year!). But this was 5, 6 years ago. I've heard Portugal is making immigration from Brazil easier if you do have a job they are seeking, but I am not aware of this fast track to citizenship. Will need to research! And cool to know you were here! Hope my home country treated you and your fiancé well. I still need to take my fiancé to Rio, I feel he didn't get the touristy experience at all here since I live in an uneventful region.

It's hard to wait for this process and I know it's infuriating to go another day without an answer (like today for me), but hang tight. Gotta keep the faith. We are one year into this and it's going to be worth it. Like I heard someone say once here, the system might be slow and might need some fixing, but it's still working in the end and we will be with our soulmates soon. And if after going through it and being together finally, Spain still calls your name, why not? haha 

Edited by Bh_sarah

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
6 hours ago, Cicada1070 said:

Hi everyone, been lurking and following this thread for a while now and decided to make an account to post that I received RFE on 4/13 for our case filed 2/15/21. Fiance is from Thailand. A few questions; first, how long should we expect to wait to receive the RFE in the mail? Second, we are using an attorney who I believe at the start of the process we designated to receive all correspondence/docs, will they be receiving the RFE in the mail as opposed to me? Third, what does the timeline look like after replying to them and them receiving the requested info?

Hi, congratulations on having your case touched and hope the RFE is a simple request! (Gotta celebrate the small victories). I hope someone can give you more precise information, but I think the RFE letter should arrive in 5 days/a week? Then you have around 30 days to reply, I think. The thing is that they don't give a timeframe to make a decision once they receive your RFE, it could be 1-2 weeks, it could be a month or more. It's hard to know. They say the clock basically restarts... :( But fingers crossed it will be soon in your case!

I am also using a lawyer and I am not sure because I didn't get my NOA2 or RFE. I would think they send all info to both the lawyer and the petitioner, like they did with the NOA1? But then again, I am not sure. Hope someone here knows!

NOA1:

8 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

Oh, got it! I see. I am a bit traumatized with immigration as you can see even though I never dared doing anything that would be even considered illegal! haha I was given hell too when I travelled alone to Ireland (and that's even after living in London for a year!). But this was 5, 6 years ago. I've heard Portugal is making immigration from Brazil easier if you do have a job they are seeking, but I am not aware of this fast track to citizenship. Will need to research! And cool to know you were here! Hope my home country treated you and your fiancé well. I still need to take my fiancé to Rio, I feel he didn't get the touristy experience at all here since I live in an uneventful region.

It's hard to wait for this process and I know it's infuriating to go another day without an answer (like today for me), but hang tight. Gotta keep the faith. We are one year into this and it's going to be worth it. Like I heard someone say once here, the system might be slow and might need some fixing, but it's still working in the end and we will be with our soulmates soon. And if after going through it and being together finally, Spain still calls your name, why not? haha 

I believe it's 5 years in Portugal for citizenship, but for Spain it would be 2 years for you since you are from Latin America.  My mom was born in Puerto Rico, so I may qualify for the 2 year citizenship as well, but am not 100% sure.  In which region of Brazil do you live?  I recommend you take him to Rio de Janeiro, and maybe even down to Argentina and Uruguay!  The people in Brazil are fun, and I enjoyed my 2nd time in the country.  I have also enjoyed visiting Paraguay and Chile as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Cicada1070 said:

Hello again everyone! I will be honest this past week was pretty awful after getting the RFE news on 4/10.  Spent the whole week watching my Informed Delivery! I was a little more bent out of shape than normal I think because the request was for additional evidence and not initial.  But today my RFE arrived to the mail box.  4/17. Exactly 1 week to the day.  I live in North Carolina so the letter had to travel coast to coast.  Hoping to give everyone else some insight on that.  Our NOA1 is 2/28/22. The RFE requested more evidence for a Bona Fide Intent To Marry.  More photos.  Chat logs.  Travel proof. Etc.. Our petition was not front loaded at all and was very thin so not crazy surprised they are asking for more.  We are getting everything together tonight and will have it in the mail Overnight Express back to California tomorrow. I will keep the group updated of receipt time frame and hopefully approval time frame as I seem to be the first in the group that is posting about RFE.

Timeline

Today's numbers [April 17th, 2023]
Also counting weekend numbers. I noticed many approvals changed dates, so they were counted before but now show as April 17th. I didn't include those in the numbers below since I find it misleading. They clearly moved on their activity to March and it's honestly frustrating, but it did got to 50%+ processed now.

46500 - 2 RFEs
47500 - 1 RFE
48000 - 1 approval

48500 - 1 RFE
49000 - 1 RFE
49500 - 1 approval

50500 - 1 RFE
51000 - 6 RFEs

51500 - 4 approvals, 8 RFE, 1 other
52000 - 2 RFEs
52500 - 4 approvals, 2 RFEs
53000 - 1 approval, 4 RFEs 
53500 - 2 approvals, 2 RFEs
54500 - 2 approvals
55500 - 4 approvals, 2 RFEs
56000 - 3 approvals

Today's totals: 22 new approvals, 32 RFEs, 1 other

Totals so far:

1382(+22) Approved 292 Denied/Rejected 515(+31) RFE/RFERs 1181 Other Action/Untouched 142 Withdrawals

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15yTdQDjmS6ik3bPNGmThSc0jFUszsiGcXurI1hT_Jcw/edit?usp=sharing

Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 9.21.22 PM.png

NOA1:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

14 months of waiting and I’m mad that I.don’t have an answer yet. Zero were processed from my group today but they are on March. 😤 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
47 minutes ago, ImpatientlyW8ing said:

14 months of waiting and I’m mad that I.don’t have an answer yet. Zero were processed from my group today but they are on March. 😤 

It's infuriating, but just bad luck, unfortunately. My fiancee and I filed back at the beginning of January 2022 and are well over 15 months now. There are still a ton of people waiting from November and December 2021 too. Nothing we can do except keep waiting.

Timeline

Hi, all! Not going to be able to scan the ranges today, not feeling too well. I do scan my range all the time and they are still changing the dates of some past approved cases to the current day. It’s weird. And I didn’t see a lot of activity so we’re no missing much. I hope to come back tomorrow with good news, but maybe @Vivek Patel can post his script numbers here for today!

NOA1:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

Hi, all! Not going to be able to scan the ranges today, not feeling too well. I do scan my range all the time and they are still changing the dates of some past approved cases to the current day. It’s weird. And I didn’t see a lot of activity so we’re no missing much. I hope to come back tomorrow with good news, but maybe @Vivek Patel can post his script numbers here for today!

Hi Sarah, my script is getting timeout as well. I will try to run it later today and see if it works

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
4 hours ago, Vivek Patel said:

Hi Sarah, my script is getting timeout as well. I will try to run it later today and see if it works

Hey I'm also getting errors when I try to scan, "remote end closed connection without response"

It seems to be USCIS issue 

Timeline

Ugh, I picked the right day not to scan it! Thanks for the info guys. Now the whole egov.uscis server seems down.

NOA1:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.