J&D1008

FEBRUARY 2022 I-129F K1 FILERS

422 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
7 hours ago, rich rich said:

Hi, according to USCIS, Nebraska SC is processing K1 applications in 4.5 months!!!  So the approvals you see are probably from that office.  Can't they transfer applications to Nebraska since CA is taking 3 times as long??

All K1's go to California SC. They only transfer to Vermont SC if the petitioner has a criminal history for extra background checks. Right now Nebraska does not process K1's and the average waiting time is 14 months. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 5/6/2022 at 4:27 PM, Bh_sarah said:

Hi, Feb 22 K1 filers!

I know there are not many of us here yet (not even 3 months into this ordeal), but as I am an extremely anxious person, I'm tracking our cases already.

I worked on a table format that has been used by the 2021 groups and I intend to update it weekly for those who are curious. I started only tracking my group from the start but then moved on to the whole month – doing this actually helps me calm my nerves as I have a false impression I'm in control of something (haha really!).

I believe most if not all of these approvals you will see here are expedites – I wasn't tracking the expedite requests before but now I am, so I hope to clear that up in the future.

Let me know if you think this can be improved somehow, and if that makes you more nervous instead of helping you, just ignore it completely.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15yTdQDjmS6ik3bPNGmThSc0jFUszsiGcXurI1hT_Jcw/edit?usp=sharing

Is this spreadsheet still being updated?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/7/2022 at 9:19 PM, gooblue said:

Is this spreadsheet still being updated?

Yes, I'm still updating it, but not weekly since the last few months there aren't a lot of updates. However, I just updated it for this week and there were a few more updates than usually, unfortunately only denials, expedite request denials or withdrawals. Check the "Running Totals" tab for the numbers I find every time I check/update it.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone!

Just found this thread.

We were filed (I-129F) on Feb 7, 2022.

Understand and feel your angst.

Just wanted to say hello and good luck!

-Kurt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi, February 2022 filers!
It's almost February again and I feel we are all apprehensive and anxious for an approval since a lot of us will complete a year of waiting soon. And really, I didn't think I'd be experiencing this kind of anniversary.

I don't know if this is good news or not but I'm noticing a lot of movement and updates in these last weeks of January. Few approvals, many denials (hope none of us here!), and cases closed because the benefit was received "by other means" (probably because a spouse petition was approved). But after months of boring tracking with not many updates, even these kinds of updates make me happy.

I'm trying to keep the Google Sheets table updated weekly but will adjust the frequency accordingly to the number of updates I see throughout the week. 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15yTdQDjmS6ik3bPNGmThSc0jFUszsiGcXurI1hT_Jcw/edit?usp=sharing

Stay strong, it's almost the end (of the first stage of this visa anyway). And I hope we have a good Valentine's Day this year!

Edited by Bh_sarah

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

6 hours ago, Bh_sarah said:

Hi, February 2022 filers!
It's almost February again and I feel we are all apprehensive and anxious for an approval since a lot of us will complete a year of waiting soon. And really, I didn't think I'd be experiencing this kind of anniversary.

I don't know if this is good news or not but I'm noticing a lot of movement and updates in these last weeks of January. Few approvals, many denials (hope none of us here!), and cases closed because the benefit was received "by other means" (probably because a spouse petition was approved). But after months of boring tracking with not many updates, even these kinds of updates make me happy.

I'm trying to keep the Google Sheets table updated weekly but will adjust the frequency accordingly to the number of updates I see throughout the week. 

Stay strong, it's almost the end (of the first stage of this visa anyway). And I hope we have a good Valentine's Day this year!

Thanks for this! Much appreciated. I have been a fly in the wall and observing all of these post for year now. Finally found Feb spreadsheet. Hopefully we'll hear good new soon

I-129F Package Sent to USCIS: January 28, 2022
NOA1: February 02, 2022
NOA2: April 04, 2023
NVC Case Number Received: June 27, 2023
NVC Sent to Embassy: July 03, 2023
Embassy Received Case: July 10, 2023
Packet 4 Received: July 11, 2023

Interview Scheduled: August 28, 2023

Timeline
40 minutes ago, elijayh66 said:

Do you know how many cases are untouched for Jan 2022? I can’t find a list for them.. 

I don't know of anyone keeping a spreadsheet for January 2022. At least not here on VJ.
Too bad don't use a script – I run straight from the CaseTracker app which is a more time-consuming way of doing it – or else I'd take on the task.

Edited by Bh_sarah
Typos!

NOA1:

4 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

I don't know of anyone keeping a spreadsheet for January 2022. At least not here on VJ.
Too bad don't use a script – I run straight from the CaseTracker app which is a more time-consuming way of doing it – or else I'd take on the task.

All good! I really appreciate your efforts! I’m really curious to see how these other people do it haha

Timeline
3 hours ago, elijayh66 said:

All good! I really appreciate your efforts! I’m really curious to see how these other people do it haha

No problem at all.
I got curious since I couldn't find any data at all here for January so I ran the numbers without much detail (didn't look at latest approvals, expedites or withdrawals) and I came up with this:
95 Approvals | 275 Denials/Rejections | 5 RFEs | 3118 Untouched

Seems like it's almost the same numbers as February right now. Lines up with data in the previous months threads seeing they haven't started actively working on the December cases yet.
I will post this on the January thread as well, but I won't be able to track January like I track February, unfortunately.

Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 5.47.29 PM.png

NOA1:

34 minutes ago, Mychal said:

While those numbers were taken without much detail, the sheer number of denials is a bit unsettling, given I've heard the rates being much higher in past research.

Nothing to worry about. The vast majority if not all of these were most likely rejections due to improper filing since January isn't even being worked on yet.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Pangoleen said:

Nothing to worry about. The vast majority if not all of these were most likely rejections due to improper filing since January isn't even being worked on yet.

I second that. I started tracking the cases in May 2022, but it already had 236 denied/rejected when I started. After that all the denials were actual denials (not form rejections) and it's currently at 272, so 36 denials. There were 16 denials alone on the week of January 20th, I am not sure why, maybe blatant fraud cases or cases that should have had rejected and something escaped their eyes. I wouldn't worry much about this number right now, only if it doesn't stop growing after they actively start working on February,

NOA1:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.