miajaz052206

Re Marry with out annulment is that possible?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ah okay... but my friend here says its legal coz they got 🧐 married here now in US.

Edited by miajaz052206

Then your friend is a bigamist, committing fraud and misrepresentation. Married is married no matter which country you're married in.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline
1 minute ago, Corgent said:

Get married a second time in the US to the same person they married in the Philippines, or a different person?

19 minutes ago, milimelo said:

No, that would be bigamy. Need to divorce first and then can get re-married.

She got marry here in USA to a foreigner. Different person... she mentioned before shes married and has 3 kids.

Few months i was surprise she got married she told me its legal coz she got married here in USA which is not showing she is married here.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, milimelo said:

Then your friend is a bigamist, committing fraud and misrepresentation. Married is married no matter which country you're married in.

Then how in the world she got married,she even posted in fb with married certificate.. why US allowed her to get married then.?

2 minutes ago, miajaz052206 said:

Then how in the world she got married,she even posted in fb with married certificate.. why US allowed her to get married then.?

The Philippines keeps track of everyone's marriages. The US doesn't. There's no central, country-wide registry of marriages in the US. And when she got married in the US, no one contacted the Philippine government to verify whether she was already married. She was taken at her word.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Corgent said:

The Philippines keeps track of everyone's marriages. The US doesn't. There's no central, country-wide registry of marriages in the US. And when she got married in the US, no one contacted the Philippine government to verify whether she was already married. She was taken at her word.

Ow okay that make sense, So now is theyre marriage is legal?

31 minutes ago, miajaz052206 said:

Ow okay that make sense, So now is theyre marriage is legal?

What are you or her trying to do?

Sounds like she has misrepresented her marital status when applying for the marriage license in the US and actively involved in bigamy. There's a ban for that. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline
6 minutes ago, milimelo said:

What are you or her trying to do?

Sounds like she has misrepresented her marital status when applying for the marriage license in the US and actively involved in bigamy. There's a ban for that. 

Well, first time she arrived i asked her if shes gonna stay or just stay get married but she told me she cannot marry coz shes married in philippines,the second time she arrived in USA, i never meet her again her sister is my friend and i just found out to her sis that she already married 😯 her sis told me  and it is legal to marry in US has long has your not married in US. 

I wonder if they comitted a fraud marriage but Not sure.

1 hour ago, miajaz052206 said:

Well, first time she arrived i asked her if shes gonna stay or just stay get married but she told me she cannot marry coz shes married in philippines,the second time she arrived in USA, i never meet her again her sister is my friend and i just found out to her sis that she already married 😯 her sis told me  and it is legal to marry in US has long has your not married in US. 

I wonder if they comitted a fraud marriage but Not sure.

Tsk tsk. Not legal. Dumb move on your friend's part. Fake news about it being legal in the US. I predict this will end in disaster once the government finds out. 

Edited by Adventine

3 hours ago, miajaz052206 said:

So now is theyre marriage is legal?

No, their marriage in the US is not legal.  She just hasn't been caught by the government.  Lots of people get away with fraud but that doesn't mean what they have done is legal.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Chancy said:

No, their marriage in the US is not legal.  She just hasn't been caught by the government.  Lots of people get away with fraud but that doesn't mean what they have done is legal.

Thank you Sir, very clear explanation.

Last time we spoke she keep telling me its legal but now i know.. appreciate your answer 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.