davidtech

I-130 Required Documentation/Proof

6 posts in this topic

Hello

After reviewing the guides and other topics in the forum I have a couple questions.

Assuming all of the below have to be included when I send the I-130 in.

-Can my wife scan-to-email me the marriage certificate for me to print a copy or should I have her mail me the original copy to send in?

-For the passport style photos, can those be printed on regular paper? She would get the pictures taken professionally and email them for me to print.

-Proof of bona-fide marriage, I have never lived with her and we have no joint ownership yet.

Would affidavits done by family members be my only option to send as proof or could I send a couple pictures and or send copies of my passport since it shows the times I've visited the foreign country?

Thank you for your help.

USCIS Process

2.27.22 - Filed I-130 online

2.27.22 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center) -> Transferred (California Service Center)

Case Is Actively Being Reviewed Since 2.27.22

5.27.22 - K3 Received

6.1.22 - K3 Receipt Notice (California Service Center)

3.7.23 - NOA2 (Approved)

4.10.23 - NVC Docs Sent

4.21.23 - NVC Completion

7.14.23 - Interview Letter Received

9.21.23 - Visa Approved (CR1 Interview)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
10 minutes ago, davidtech said:

Hello

After reviewing the guides and other topics in the forum I have a couple questions.

Assuming all of the below have to be included when I send the I-130 in.

-Can my wife scan-to-email me the marriage certificate for me to print a copy or should I have her mail me the original copy to send in?

-For the passport style photos, can those be printed on regular paper? She would get the pictures taken professionally and email them for me to print.

-Proof of bona-fide marriage, I have never lived with her and we have no joint ownership yet.

Would affidavits done by family members be my only option to send as proof or could I send a couple pictures and or send copies of my passport since it shows the times I've visited the foreign country?

Thank you for your help.

You will be sending photocopies of supporting documentation.  That answer AND the answers to your other question you asked and some you didn't know about asking are found in the I-130 instructions.  Please download and become an A-Student of all those instructions.  THEN, you'll know what you don't understand and we'll be here to answer remaining questions.  

No, the passport photos should not be printed on plain paper, but if you study those I-130a instructions, you'll know you don't need passport photos from your foreign spouse, if they are not currently in the USA.  

Get on those instructions, so you'll know what you don't know.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Thanks for the information. I was initially going to pay someone to do this for me but I have been reading and thinking about filing online myself carefully.

However, the “Additional proof of marriage” for a bina fide marriage section am still unsure of what else I am able to provide as proof. I don’t see other examples given in the instructions - if you can link me to some that’d be great.

thanks

USCIS Process

2.27.22 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center) -> Transferred (California Service Center)

5.27.22 - K3 Received

3.7.23 - NOA2 (Approved)

4.10.23 - NVC Docs Sent

4.21.23 - NVC Completion

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, davidtech said:

Thanks for the information. I was initially going to pay someone to do this for me but I have been reading and thinking about filing online myself carefully.

However, the “Additional proof of marriage” for a bina fide marriage section am still unsure of what else I am able to provide as proof. I don’t see other examples given in the instructions - if you can link me to some that’d be great.

thanks

Skip the affidavits.  Use primary evidence of time spent together in person.  Passport stamps and/or boarding passes are "primary evidence".  Photos together are good to include but are "secondary evidence".

Note the list in the instructions follows the words, "In addition to the required..." and mentions using some, not necessarily all the examples. In your situation the evidence of time together in person falls under "other".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

39 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Skip the affidavits.  Use primary evidence of time spent together in person.  Passport stamps and/or boarding passes are "primary evidence".  Photos together are good to include but are "secondary evidence".

Note the list in the instructions follows the words, "In addition to the required..." and mentions using some, not necessarily all the examples. In your situation the evidence of time together in person falls under "other".

Thank you!!! This is the information I needed.

I am confident in completing this form now.

i hope for the best in this process.

USCIS Process

5.27.22 - K3 Received

3.7.23 - NOA2 (Approved)

4.10.23 - NVC Docs Sent

4.21.23 - NVC Completion

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.