TBoneTX

N-400 Seattle (Part 2)

670 posts in this topic

I hit the 'Submit Reply' button by mistake and wasn't allowed to edit anymore :( . Here's the remaining of my previous post:

As you see, the last action I've received from USCIS is "Interview cancelled".

I guess my case is slightly different than a lot of people here. Last year when we were eligible to file N400, we were still waiting for a decision on the I-829 form. We applied anyway because our lawyer said it might kickstart the process for I-829 if they see there's a pending N-400 awaiting for the adjudication (it didn't help lol and we ended up filing for a mandamus 4 months after the interview cancelled date above). USCIS, however, went ahead and schedule us for a N-400 interview. We thought they might do a combo interview like some cases i've seen here. But no. When we showed up and after having to wait for 3 hours, they called us in and said they can't do anything about our cases bc of our pending I-829 adjudication. I asked if they can just do an interview now and hold off the decision until they hear back of the I-829 adjudication, they said nope. They said they'll reschedule an appointment once we're approved for a 10-year GC (lord knows when :().

Long story short, filing the mandamus did help and we finally got approved for a 10-year GC beginning of May this year. I called USCIS customer service number and they created a service request for my case requesting another interview. I then got a generic response from them saying my application is waiting to be scheduled for an interview at the Seattle Field Office. It has been more than a month now since that email and I don't know what to do. I called the customer service line again last week. This time the lady just confirmed what I've already known. She did mention, however, that there's nothing wrong with my case and it's slightly taking longer for some cases. Once other thing she mentioned was that USCIS hasn't touched my case and the earliest date I can request for an inquiry is beginning of August. That's when my case is considered out of normal processing time. I'm slightly stressed out because I will be out of the country for a couple of months and I can't cancel this trip so ideally, it would be great if I got an update from them before then.

Seeing some people already got their interview scheduled makes me wonder if USCIS ever look at older pending cases or if they just let them reach the abnormal timeline to then start acting on it. Besides that, does anyone know if sending message in the message portal of the N-400 application work? I sent a message last month letting them know that I got the GC but received no response. I've read online that some people say it works but might take longer to respond.

Anyhoo, looking forward to hearing back! Hope you will receive good news in upcoming weeks! :)

Hey luckydog123! Thank you SO MUCH for responding to my message. Community support is the key when there is not much we can do to have USCIS move faster :)

As an update on my case: I entered the live chat today and was told "at this time you have not the application is in process. Continue to wait for officer to process your application." This does not look grammatically correct to me and I don't really understand what this means.. it's not promising at all LOL 

Fingers crossed we both will hear back from USCIS. Please keep me updated as to the status of your case :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ivesnal! Hope you're enjoy the great weather outside :)

Wanted to drop by and let you know that I have heard back from USCIS and received the interview date. It's going to be the third week of August. Have you heard anything back from them? In any case, I sincerely hope you will hear back from them soon!

Filed: Other Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline
On 5/16/2023 at 6:01 PM, aikkkoo said:

hey to everyone. I got my interview today. 

First  was reading test: Who lives in the White House?

Writing: The President lives in the White House. ( he repeated twice).

Civic test:

The idea of self government is in the first three words of the Constitution. What are these word?

What ocean on the West Coast of the United States?

Who is  the Governor of the State?

What two rights in the Declaration  Independence?

What is the rule of Law?

Who is the Father of our country?

He asked where I met my husband? how many times I went out from United States. if my parents are US citizens. we didn't write on n 400 my husband daughters so he updated ( showed him their birth certificate). if my husband was married previously,  he asked if I owe taxes so I said for 2022 we own( I printed out fresh tax transcripts where clearly shows) and we haven't paid yet. and another questions from yes and No ( no definition were asked). I pass the exam. Need to send them tax payment  by mail or upload on the system. and then they will schedule oath ceremony.  1 more small step ahead. 

I got my citizenship today. thank you everyone who shared their experience. good luck who's application on process. 

• 1 month later...

04/29 Filed Online (same day received Receipt Notification) (3YR Rule)

05/02 Mailed NOA

05/05 Biometrics Reused from 2014

07/07 Interview Scheduled for August

07/12 Mailed Interview Appt

08/24 Interview & Oath 

M    2010

POE 2012

RC   2014

N     2023

Edited by Zedrestinodua

CR1

USCIS

2011 MAR 26 - FORM I-130 SENT

2011 APR 04 - NOAI 797C RCVD

2011 JUN 27 - NOA2 797 RCVD

NVC

2011 AUG 02 - ASSIGNED CASE #

2011 NOV 02 - CASE COMPLETED

2011 NOV 11 - P4 RECEIVED

US EMBASSY

2011 NOV 15-16 - ST LUKES MEDICAL MEDICAL EXAMINATION PASSED

2011 DEC 16 - INTERVIEW DATE VISA APPROVED

2011 DEC 20 - VISA IN-TRANSIT (RECEIVED 22ND OF DEC)

USA

2012 FEB 27 - POE(SAN FRANCISCO)

2012 MAR 01 - SSN FILE (RECEIVED 6TH OF MAR)

2012 APR 19 - GREEN CARD

ROC

2014 JAN 24 - 751 SENT

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The long journey is finally over. The original interview was scheduled for April but we had to reschedule it twice due to international travel. Good luck to everyone!

Citizenship

Service Center :Online

CIS Office :Seattle WA

Date Filed :2022-12-21

NOA Date :2022-12-21

Bio. Appt. :2022-12-21

Interview Date :2023-08-24

Approved :Yes

Oath Ceremony :2023-08-24

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2023 at 6:17 PM, luckydog123 said:

Hey Ivesnal! Hope you're enjoy the great weather outside :)

Wanted to drop by and let you know that I have heard back from USCIS and received the interview date. It's going to be the third week of August. Have you heard anything back from them? In any case, I sincerely hope you will hear back from them soon!

Hey luckydog123! Would you mind sharing your interview experience? I hope you have your naturalization certificate in hands already ☺️

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, herefornat said:

Timeline:

Filed (90 day rule): July 30, 2023

Waived biometrics

Interview: Nov 28th 2023

My interview is at 2:10 pm. Is there any chance I can get oath ceremony done same day if interview goes well? When is the last ceremony and what time is it too late for same day oath?

My wife's interview last year was to be at 12:50.  It wasn't until around 3 pm.  Note, I think they were squeezing her in because we were flying into Seattle from Germany.  Anyhow, even after the 3 Pm interview, she could have been sworn in, since we saw the theater filling up with people.  However, they said they couldn't approve her that day since her file had to be reviewed by a certain person.  So she wasn't sworn in until the day after the next day.  Note, they knew we were flying back to Germany within a few days and we needed to get her a U.S. Passport as part of our trip to the U.S.  

So, with that said, I think it is possible depending on your interview.  My wife's interview was only about 15 or 20 min.  Just long enough for the test and a couple of questions.  Note, she was exempted from having to prove length of marriage, or length of residency in the U.S.  She only had her green Card for about 5 months before she became a citizen and had only spent a total of a month in the U.S.  So, the interview apart from taking the exam was pretty much pro forma.  And I never really understood why she needed a special approver other than they don't get many people who are exempted from most of the requirements to become a citizen.  So, your interview might take a bit longer. Or not.  I noticed that others who went in would go in for quite some time, and had to go back in for a second time.  So, I think each case is unique.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.