Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I am in full agreement...finances play a HUGE part.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

it's all sort of linked, but I'd add 'time off' to the finances thing... true to (outrageous, IMHO) American form, my fiance gets two weeks of vacation a year, which accrues by the hour... even if we had the money to be constantly zipping across the Atlantic to see each other (and as we both have mortgages, we really don't have lots of spare cash), we wouldn't have the time... and I don't really fancy sitting about waiting every day while he finishes work...

and to finish on a REALLY bum note, the training he was supposed to be doing in December, which would have allowed him a weekend in London with me, has just been postponed til at least January, maybe February, maybe later :(

I am bummed :(

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Hey I went from January 7th 2006 till April 11th 2007 without seeing my fiance.

So ya'll can quit complaining about time without each other :P

This was obviously by choice. Why would you do this if you are both in love??

No, it wasn't.

I'm 21 and in college, and she's 20 and broke.

Neither of us could / can afford to just go see each other whenever we have the time.

If we could have, we would have, but we couldn't, so we didn't.

Please don't go making assumptions like that, it seemed rather rude.

Good god, people. I'm so sorry I caused so much hate in here...It was not my intention. We all have our opinions. I just assumed that people who were going through this process had a little money. I mean, if two people are broke and from different ends of the Earth, how can they expect to venture into marriage? Honestly. I'm not trying to offend. It really wasn't my intention. I just figured that everyone here was an adult with the financial freedom to have an international marriage. I think it's pretty risky to get married when you're flat broke. So, this is why I said not seeing each other was optional. I understand certain countries dont receive tourist visas, etc. I can't imagine trying to keep an ongoing relationship with someone, let alone get married to them, if we were flat busted and so far from each other.. Anyway!!...Just forget about this. everyone can calm down. i didnt know I would cause such anger. I was sleepy and my typing came off poorly. i'm sorry. There was no rude intention. Good luck to you.

By the way, I can't exactly afford to go anytime I wish either. But with 3 months of planning I make it happen. Why? because nothing on this planet will keep me from Sasha. She is my reason for living. And if I needed to pimp my own grandmother, or sell my kidney, I'd do it. Working 2 jobs has become a necessity for lots of Americans these days. I don't stop working. I'm dedicated. I do my best to make it happen. I'm sorry for expecting the same from everyone. Some people are in college, some have children, etc. Not everyone can focus all their attention on working to save for trips. I know this. But there's always a way....

Edited by Jason-Sasha

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline

I didn't see any anger, and I didn't see any hate; I just saw some people disagreeing with you, and explaining why

and while your dedication is commendable, your situation still remains just that: your situation... everyone else's is different, so can't possibly be measured in the same way

:)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I mean, if two people are broke and from different ends of the Earth, how can they expect to venture into marriage?

Since when did having a certain amount of money define who and where you should fall in love? Sorry if this seems a bit snappy. But maybe the reason people don't have finances to visit 3-4 times a year is because they are saving for that marriage. If you meet the person you are going to spend the rest of your life with but in order to do that you need to be physically seperated for 6 months or more...surely it's worth it in the bigger picture of things! 6-9 months nothing when compared to the lifetime ahead. It's hard but if you gotta do it, you gotta do it. Nick maybe spending 6 months here with me on tourist visa but we spent 8months apart before this and after these 6 months are up on 6th Dec we'll be apart until I go over....hopefully March, visa dependant.

everything I say is meant with the upmost respect to everyone and there own individual circumstance. Lets all consentrate on supporting each other through the hard times we ALL face.

Edited by weedebz

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

money is a big issue. eric and i are incredibly fortunate, as he is in germany for work a lot this year, he's been in germany for all of july and will be there from november till january. but on the other hand i am stressed out abt the AOS-process. we won't be allowed to work for at least 3 months, and, we might need stuff to get comfortable in our new lives. it will be hard.

my parents want to visit us in that time, but we only have 1bedroom and no guestbed or anything, and surely no money to move into a larger apt and buy furniture.

money plays a big role, and i hate it. international relationships are always a real bummer on your bank account.

Removal of Conditions - Timeline:

5/26/2010: I-751 Received

5/27/2010: NOA

money is a big issue. eric and i are incredibly fortunate, as he is in germany for work a lot this year, he's been in germany for all of july and will be there from november till january. but on the other hand i am stressed out abt the AOS-process. we won't be allowed to work for at least 3 months, and, we might need stuff to get comfortable in our new lives. it will be hard.

my parents want to visit us in that time, but we only have 1bedroom and no guestbed or anything, and surely no money to move into a larger apt and buy furniture.

money plays a big role, and i hate it. international relationships are always a real bummer on your bank account.

Why can't either of you work when you get to the US? The US citizen has no restrictions against working.

Also if your point of entry is JFK airport in New York the beneficiary might be able to get approval to work for a few months as he/she enters the county. It's not a long time, but it might allow some work at a temp agency to help pay the bills.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

By the way, I can't exactly afford to go anytime I wish either. But with 3 months of planning I make it happen. Why? because nothing on this planet will keep me from Sasha. She is my reason for living. And if I needed to pimp my own grandmother, or sell my kidney, I'd do it. Working 2 jobs has become a necessity for lots of Americans these days. I don't stop working. I'm dedicated. I do my best to make it happen. I'm sorry for expecting the same from everyone. Some people are in college, some have children, etc. Not everyone can focus all their attention on working to save for trips. I know this. But there's always a way....

And the way for us is to get married. Then we can be together always, and we can build our futures together.

My parents are going to help us through the whole way, and we're going to both be working and saving so we can be settled.

No, we're not well established adults with mortgages and stuff yet, but this will help us start soon so that in a few years, God willing, we will be.

We had originally planned for her to come and go to school first, but then we realized 1) It would put her $80-100,000+ in debt because she'd be an international student and 2) If she came on an F-1 Visa, after her schooling ended, she'd have to go back home, and THEN we'd have to start the K-1 Process.

So we all decided that it was better to simply get married now, since we already know we want to, and that way we can go about our lives without immense, huge, insurmountable debt over our young heads.

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 27, 2007 - NOA1 Received!!!!!!!!!

July 28, 2007 - Touch

November 28, 2007 - Touch!?

November 28, 2007 - NOA2 Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

December 11, 2007 - Packet 3 mailed out by London!

January 08 - Packet 3 lost in the mail, waiting on a new one...

January 14, 2008 - Packet 3 finally received!

March 3, 2008 - Medical Appointment

April 10, 2008 - VISA INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED!!!!!

April 15, 2008 - Visa in hand!

May 12, 2008 - POE in the US!!!!

June 21, 2008 - Wedding!!!!!!!

I-485

July 30, 2008 - Filed for AOS

August 8, 2008 - NOA's received! (for 485, 765, 131)

August 27th, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment

September 22nd, 2008 - Case transferred to CSC

October 3rd, 2008 - Case at CSC, Touched, Touched again on 7th

October 20, 2008 - AP and EAD Approved!!!

October 27, 2008 - AP and EAD Received!!!

December 19th, and 21st 2008 - Touched

January 26th, 2009 - RFE...

February 27th, 2009 - NOTICE MAILED WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!

March 6, 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! LPR STATUS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
I mean, if two people are broke and from different ends of the Earth, how can they expect to venture into marriage? Honestly. I'm not trying to offend. It really wasn't my intention. I just figured that everyone here was an adult with the financial freedom to have an international marriage. I think it's pretty risky to get married when you're flat broke. So, this is why I said not seeing each other was optional. I understand certain countries dont receive tourist visas, etc. I can't imagine trying to keep an ongoing relationship with someone, let alone get married to them, if we were flat busted and so far from each other..

I know that many of you will disagree but.....I actually see your point and I have come to the exact same conclusion as you, Yes I have to save money for my trips to go see my other half, and he has to do the same thing to visit me, but if we couldn't see each other because of financial or political reasons I don't think we would still be togehter. I just Thank God that he has given us the opportunity to be able to visit each other, I even think that us being able to visit each other is a sign from God that we ARE meant to be together....

But, Jason-Sasha I share your point from the above quote, And I got your back! ;)

AOS:

August 8, 2008: We're married!! (both the ceremony and legal wedding)

September 11, 2008: Got the marriage certificate in the mail!! 

September 20, 2008: Sent AOS packet (I-485, EAD, AP)

September 22, 2008: USPS confirmed delivery at LockBox

September 26, 2008: Check Cashed!! :)

September 25, 2008: Recv'd date on all NOA's 

September 30, 2008: Received all 3 NOA's: I-485, EAD, AP

Ocotber 10, 2008: RFE for I-485 (needed proof of citizenship for sponsor) :S

October 21, 2008: Biometrics @12 pm in Ft. Lauderdale~over and done with in 5min!!~

October 22, 2008: documents for RFE sent via Priority Mail

October 24, 2008: documents received at MO

November 6, 2008: Case transferred to CSC :D

December 10, 2008: EAD approved!! Card production ordered!

Dec. 15, 2008: Rec'd EAD and AP via mail.

March 2, 2009: AOS Approved

March 9, 2009: Green Card Received!!!

March 24, 2020: N400 submitted (online)

January 2021: notice stating no new Biometrics needed

April 15, 2022: Notice to Appear for interview and exam

June 4, 2022: Interview/Exam Day! 🥳

Timeline

and I take the strength and commitment of my relationship, even at a distance and despite lengthy absences, as God's sign that WE'RE supposed to be together ;)

as I said above: everyone's situation is different; it's pointless to try to compare them... and that goes for EVERYONE, not just people in this specific visa situation

blessings on everyone as they work through their own process to get where they want to be :)

now I'ma gonna go and speak to my honey :wub:

;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Why can't either of you work when you get to the US? The US citizen has no restrictions against working.

Also if your point of entry is JFK airport in New York the beneficiary might be able to get approval to work for a few months as he/she enters the county. It's not a long time, but it might allow some work at a temp agency to help pay the bills.

oh, sorry, with WE i was talking abt the foreign fiancees.

sure, JFK is an option, but you can only work with that approval until you get married, and then you're caught in the AOS limbo anyway. we will probably have the wedding the day after I arrive, get rid of the paperwork and then have our beautiful ceremony in germany a year later. sucks, but the ceremony in germany is our big dream.

Removal of Conditions - Timeline:

5/26/2010: I-751 Received

5/27/2010: NOA

I think everyone is different and we can't pass judgment :D It's nice to know more about people and their varied situations :) Sometimes it makes me jealous and sometimes it makes me feel lonely :)

My situation is again, my OH can't get much time off work so when we do get to see each other it's not always for long and sometimes he has to take that unpaid. He lives with his aunt on a trailer park and doesn't pay her rent - he takes her out from time to time, runs her around and helps out with the bills and groceries but he has cut a pretty good deal. I have just finished doing a four year degree so have my debts (!) £2k overdraft, £12k student loan etc but again, I live with my mum and although I am meant to be paying rent :whistle: because my car has decided to go "poof" and my cat has vet bills and I had to go to the dentist, need to get new glasses etc etc she's kinda cutting me some slack.

Jeremy is paying for the wedding, I am just trying to concentrate on saving for niggly things I need to do to tie up loose ends and get things sorted. I have to pay for bridesmaid dresses, pay off my overdraft and pay for silly things (like totally expensive underwear :( ) that I just couldn't afford while trying to maintain a long distance relationship when I was going through university.

Jeremy and I have known each other for six years and we have been together for two. Despite the costs involved we have done our best to see each other every 3-4 months because we feel that this is a tolerable amount of time to be apart - I really really admire those of you who are apart for longer than that and I can completely understand how it can be necessary. I am just fortunate that due to our circumstances we can afford to at least be a little flexible :)

Anyway! We'll all get there in the end and we will all do things our own way because we are all different :) At the end of the day we are all in similar situations and the ultimate goal is to be with the person we love - no matter how we get there :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

When did this become an "I love my fiance(e) more than you do" thread? Personally, I agree with Jason....but that doesn't mean I think other couples who choose differently are wrong or love their fiance(e)s any less.

Please buy Gareth's Flat....http://www.taylorsestateagents.co.uk/content/006_Results/002_Property/property-sales-tayrps-LWC080078-1213606331

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
has any july filer received a NOA2 yet?

:lol:

Uh... that was a joke right?

There were 208 K1 petitons submitted in July. No approvals so far. We thought we had one for a Cuba petition but it turned out he filed in June. There have been 4 approvals so far for June. 3 of those were from Cuba which gets priority processing. The 4th was from The Netherlands. My guess is the one from The Netherlands was a military expedite, a typo in the timeline or some other unique situation. They are definitely not processing June petitions yet unless the beneficiary is from Cuba.

USCIS is currently working primarily on May petitions and taking their sweet time about it.

Since there is not much for us to do, here in the July forum we are keeping ourselves occupied with wedding plans and recipes. I cannot begin to tell you how enjoyable that has been for me. :dead:

;)

If you are not already doing so, you might want to monitor the CSC NOA2 forum. Here is the link. They do a good job of keeping everyone updated on approvals.

There is also a link to the July Filers Spreadsheet in my signature.

Why does CUba get priority? Is it some political reason??

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

I don't think it's become an I love my fiance more than you thread - I think people are just sharing and explaining their situations :)

And yeah - I think there is something weird about Cuba in terms of visa stuff but I honestly couldn't tell you what it was...

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.