Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
When you apply for the K3 visa, you have to submit a I-129f and an I-130.

I know, but that still does not explain why they are talking about a K1. I don't claim to be an expert but I think that a K1 visa is for a fiance/e, not a spouse. If they are married I think they file a I-129F for a K3, not a K1.

Am I wrong?

no you are correct. the timeline should read filed I 129 for k3

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
mmmmmmm that sounds so good Thee Rak. I love plantains. I usually make butter caramel to pour over them. I love cooking and I'll try making anything. My speciality is lasagne or bacon wrapped chicken breasts stuffed with haggis!

Hei, Weedebz!

On your spreadsheet I noticed 3 couples (including my case) who sent their petition at the end of July and still did not receive their NOA1. Is there any way for me to get in touch with other 2 couples and share my concerns with them?

Would you help me to find their contact info?

My main problem-I still do not have the receipt # since my check was not cashed either.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by evangelina

I feel rubbish now - I am so not a cook - I can cook and I will cook but I am not that inventive - I can just follow recipes really well ;) I much prefer something quick and simple, to be cooked for or to go out ;D

Now what would be good is to share a bunch of recipes that take no longer than say 20 minutes to prepare and cook (total) that are say... no more than 600 cals?! Am on a diet so I look sexy in my wedding dress ;D

Try the kellogs special K diet, my fiance tried it and he lost 7 lbs in two weeks. I'm trying it soon too to see if I lose anything

See now that is a nice theory and maybe I'll do something similar for the last two weeks or something but I would just get so bored eating cereal all the time! I have to have something savoury followed by something sweet... ;)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Looks like may filers are getting their noa2's, so we are looking around november before they touch our applications. Do you think they'll be able to locate them under the layers of dust? Worse yet what if the grime has smudged our info? :wacko:

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

mmmmmmm that sounds so good Thee Rak. I love plantains. I usually make butter caramel to pour over them. I love cooking and I'll try making anything. My speciality is lasagne or bacon wrapped chicken breasts stuffed with haggis!

Hei, Weedebz!

On your spreadsheet I noticed 3 couples (including my case) who sent their petition at the end of July and still did not receive their NOA1. Is there any way for me to get in touch with other 2 couples and share my concerns with them?

Would you help me to find their contact info?

My main problem-I still do not have the receipt # since my check was not cashed either.

Thanks in advance.

Here are 7, but there are many more. Unfortunately the participation in our timeline is not as great as it once was.

brooksmc

bobjean

dreamscometrue

jools

kausch

craig177

regsholdworth

To find others, click on Immigration Timelines at the top of most pages. Next click on Visa Display Options K1 -Advanced View, click on the little downward pointing triangle next to "I-129F Sent", then scroll down and/or advance pages until you get to the July filers. Now look for the July filers who do not have anything in the "I-129F NOA1" column. If you click on the filers names you will go to their profile and then you can send them a message.

Good luck. :)

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

I am trying to catch up on everything that I missed on the forum while I was in the UK visiting my honeybunch. It was my first trip to the UK and I loved it! We went to the ocean, took a tour of Oxford, London via a boat ride on the Thames and a ride on the eye and don't forget the tubes! It was a blast and I was able to meet all his family and friends.

We shopped for rings - didn't find anything because I'm too picky. My flights over and back went very well. I had never flown for such a long period of time before - or over so much water!

After 10 wonderful days, I came back home and within 4 days, my honeybunch texted me to say that he was coming for the weekend! So I was able to spend the Labor Day weekend with him and he was able to get a taste of "first day of school" and helped get the kids ready for school and made the trip to the bus stop with me.

We are very fortunate to get to spend so much time together even though we live 4000 miles apart. I know that there are a lot of people that haven't seen each other in sooooooo long and we don't forget how fortunate we are to have the flexibility to spend as much time as we do together.

My timeline keeps slipping away as well - we started at October 25th and now we are back to end of November.

Wishing everyone a surprise visit from their honeybunch and a speedy journey.

Take care all....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I got my I-797C, Notice of Action, in the mail today!!! I shrieked out loud!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I am now with the California Service Center which explains the delay. At least it's not lost!!!! :thumbs:

Marianne and Brian

K-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-28

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-08-29

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-01-30

NVC Received : 2008-02-14

NVC Left : 2008-02-15

Consulate Received : 2008-02-21

Packet 3 Received : 2008-03-08

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-03-26

Packet 4 Received : 2008-04-09

Interview Date : 2008-04-22

Visa In Hand: 2008-04-30

Date of US Entry : 2008-09-26

Date of Wedding : 2008-09-29

AOS Journey

Local CIS office nearest you: Portland OR

Filing date: 2008-10-27

NOA date for I-485 - need to get this one!!!

I-485 Biometrics Appt Date: 2008-11-23

I-485 Interview Date (yyyy-mm-dd) 2009-04-13

I-485 Approval / Denial Date 2009-04-13

I-485 Approved ? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline

Opinion post....

Do you think it would be crazy of me to book February 23,2008 for our wedding day?? Approvals seems to be taking right around 90-120 days - and on the forms that go to the embassy in the SO's country it says have you made travel arrangements, set wedding dates etc. Also, the lady i am in contact with at the Embassy in Syria told me to let her know as soon as i've gotten approval and she'll keep an eye out for his file. Should I trust all of this?

My mom and I went to look at a few places today and they all say hurry and book before there is nothing left. I am afraid that if i don't book we'll get approved and i'll be having my wedding at some VFW (no offense to those who are going that route, its just not our style). But i'm afraid if i do book it'll be february before we even get our NOA2.

Also - i guess this question is for Zee - your the only one who is semi local i've noticed - Have you begun looking around for reception sites - just wondered what the per head cost has been for you if you have. We saw two places today both seemed to be comparable in price - not in atmosphere tho - around 70-75 dollars per head - including open bar and one of them even a chocolate fondue fountain with every fruit imaginable, drink fountain, and cake from a well known well respected baker in the area.

I think i'm going to take a break and send some pics to print - Snapfish has a sale today and tomrorow yet on digital picture developing for just 9 cents a pic - enter the coupon code Cloud9 when ordering!!

Have a great nite everyone! If we can't look forward to approvals - we can certainly look forward to the weekend!

December 31, 2006 - I call to wish him a Happy New Year (It was 3 am his time)

May 14, 2007 - Fly to Syria with my family to meet

May 18, 2007 - His entire family comes to my house to ask for my hand - I say YES!

June 15, 2007 - We get engaged in the church and have a reception for our families (it's the only "wedding" his family will see)

June 22, 2007 - I come back to the US

June 24-July 27,2008 - lots of research on VJ and work on gathering the papers needed...

July 31, 2007 - I-129F package received by VSC - YAY!!!! I was sooo excited getting the return receipt in the mail - on my way out to look for bridesmaids dresses :) Now all I need is a case number so I can track online - I'm so anxious!!!

August 13, 2007 - NOA1 - YAY!!!

JANUARY 8, 2008 - APPROVED!!!!

May 14, 2008 - he's finally here

June 22, 2008 - "Wedding Bells"

August 7 - Adjustment of Status and EAD sent

August 11 - Dates of both NOA1 for AOS and EAD

and we wait....

September 4, 2008 - Biometrics appt in Phila for both AOS and EAD

Love is what makes you smile when you're tired....

Timeline
Opinion post....

Do you think it would be crazy of me to book February 23,2008 for our wedding day??

You filed after we did and i wouldnt book anything in february.

nothing personal, but there are so many threads on this. everyone always recommends NOT to book anything until you have visa in hand. but people do it anyway and then come on here and cry when they have no approval and their bookings are ruined etc or contemplate visa fraud by going ahead with it and still using the k1 visa. I wish people would just get married first and have the exact wedding they want at the exact place and time if it is the most important thing to them. THEN do the visa.

going the K1 route is the fastest immigration but there are consequences to it. you get the approval when you get it period. and then you have 90 days to get married period. alot of K1 marriages are civil and small affairs. Doing a K1 visa means the process is most important and all other plans come second. Doing K3 means the wedding is more important and the process is second.

Its either the visa process comes first and then you make your plans or the PLANS come first and you do the visa second.

you seem bound and determined to book your february wedding since this is the second time you have posted on it, and were advised before the process can take longer than you want. good luck to you since you seem gun ho to do it. it will be interesting in february to see how your situation is. Particularily since your fiancee is from Syria, which will have extra scrutiny and background checks due to the politics in the middle east right now. If i were you i wouldnt book anything until summer. but what do i know. good luck, i have a feeling you will need it and i mean no ill will in my entire post.

i am in the same boat as you, however our plans to wed are not ibooked until Gretchen has her visa. and the place we will get married is booked up for a year in advance but they have tuesdays and weds open. guess which day we will get married???

what will you do if you book everything in feb and one week before your wedding day still no approval and no approval in sight? cancel the wedding or cancel the K1? it could easily happen.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/19/08 Checks cashed

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Timeline

I found a K1 timeline for Syria. it was 180 days. they filed in Nov 2005 and got interview and approved July 2006. and back then things were faster than now. you filed right at the deadline for the new fees.

here's the syria K1 timeline

chris

Edited by chris4gretchen

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/19/08 Checks cashed

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi all. I never post, but I thought I would post to this one. I didn't exactly file in July but actually June 28th to NSC. It was immediately forwarded to the CSC from which I received my NOA1 on July 14th. I haven't been touched since. I see a few who are otuched a lot and it worries me. I know I shouldn't be because some never get touched yet get approved, but alas, I can't help it! lol Good luck to one and all! -Shel

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Doesn't your fiance have 120 days to enter the US, then you must get married within the 90 days from entry?

If that's true, then that's 4 months to get here, and another month and a half to get married (leaving time for the change of status, right?).

I wouldn't do it until you have visa in hand. In the end, it's that you're both married and with each other that matters, not the venue. That's how those places make money, making the customer feel they HAVE to have the perfect wedding. :)

Marianne and Brian

K-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-28

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-08-29

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-01-30

NVC Received : 2008-02-14

NVC Left : 2008-02-15

Consulate Received : 2008-02-21

Packet 3 Received : 2008-03-08

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-03-26

Packet 4 Received : 2008-04-09

Interview Date : 2008-04-22

Visa In Hand: 2008-04-30

Date of US Entry : 2008-09-26

Date of Wedding : 2008-09-29

AOS Journey

Local CIS office nearest you: Portland OR

Filing date: 2008-10-27

NOA date for I-485 - need to get this one!!!

I-485 Biometrics Appt Date: 2008-11-23

I-485 Interview Date (yyyy-mm-dd) 2009-04-13

I-485 Approval / Denial Date 2009-04-13

I-485 Approved ? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Doesn't your fiance have 120 days to enter the US, then you must get married within the 90 days from entry?

If that's true, then that's 4 months to get here, and another month and a half to get married (leaving time for the change of status, right?).

I wouldn't do it until you have visa in hand. In the end, it's that you're both married and with each other that matters, not the venue. That's how those places make money, making the customer feel they HAVE to have the perfect wedding. :)

They have 6 months after the Visa is issued, then 90 days to marry.

IR-5

11/01/2011: I-130 Submitted

11/04/2012: I-130 NOA1

04/19/2012: I-130 NOA2

05/04/2012: NVC Received

05/27/2012: Received I-864/DS 3032 Package

05/28/2012: Pay I-864 Bill

05/29/2012: Submit DS 3032/I-864

06/05/2012: Receive IV Bill online

06/05/2012: IV Bill Paid

06/06/2012: Payment Accepted

06/07/2012: IV Packet Mailed (Additional documents sent next day on 06/08/2012)

08/28/2012: Interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline
While I appreciate your opinion - because thats just what i asked for an opinion ...

nothing personal, but there are so many threads on this. everyone always recommends NOT to book anything until you have visa in hand. but people do it anyway and then come on here and cry when they have no approval and their bookings are ruined etc or contemplate visa fraud by going ahead with it and still using the k1 visa. I wish people would just get married first and have the exact wedding they want at the exact place and time if it is the most important thing to them. THEN do the visa. ...this place is used as a support group, a venting tool, a dreaming tool, something to pass the time while we all endure hardship thru this "process" if you don't like what people are saying - don't read the posts, hell don't reply"

going the K1 route is the fastest immigration but there are consequences to it. you get the approval when you get it period. and then you have 90 days to get married period. alot of K1 marriages are civil and small affairs. Doing a K1 visa means the process is most important and all other plans come second. Doing K3 means the wedding is more important and the process is second.

Its either the visa process comes first and then you make your plans or the PLANS come first and you do the visa second.

... I must say that your theory there - and again merely my opinion - is ####### - and again just my opinion - that is how you may feel about "the process". But to me it is more than just a process, it is about being with the man i love, it is about having a wedding surrounded by my family and friends. I very well could have gotten married there - and brought him back with me immediately - you see there are connections and we would have been home together in 3 months - but we decided for my family's sake and mine- we'd give his family an engagement in the church and my family in the US the wedding. So we took the K1 route. Getting engaged in the church, by a priest and a congregation of witnesses, with a bridesmaid and best man to witness, with a blessing of rings and mind you we both are wearing wedding bands - is sacred, I cannot just give him the ring back and say its over - its deeper than that. So you see its not a "process" to me. It's a lifetime.

you seem bound and determined to book your february wedding since this is the second time you have posted on it, and were advised before the process can take longer than you want. good luck to you since you seem gun ho to do it. it will be interesting in february to see how your situation is. Particularily since your fiancee is from Syria, which will have extra scrutiny and background checks due to the politics in the middle east right now. ...I wouldn't mind knowing just what you know about Syria or the middle east to know what is going on there - or what makes you such an expert as to how long it will take or the "extra scrutiny" my fiancee will endure... I have been in touch with the Embassy many times in Syria and quite honestly - i don't need to play any type of "RFE trick" to get an answer - they've been much more helpful than the US has been with anyone of us"

Forgive me for being hopeful.

I appologize to all readers/posters/members if I seem "gun ho" on February - I want to start my life with my significant other - as I'm sure all of you do as well. And I'm sure all of you have bad days and good days - consider this a bad day on this journey. I'm sure many can relate.

December 31, 2006 - I call to wish him a Happy New Year (It was 3 am his time)

May 14, 2007 - Fly to Syria with my family to meet

May 18, 2007 - His entire family comes to my house to ask for my hand - I say YES!

June 15, 2007 - We get engaged in the church and have a reception for our families (it's the only "wedding" his family will see)

June 22, 2007 - I come back to the US

June 24-July 27,2008 - lots of research on VJ and work on gathering the papers needed...

July 31, 2007 - I-129F package received by VSC - YAY!!!! I was sooo excited getting the return receipt in the mail - on my way out to look for bridesmaids dresses :) Now all I need is a case number so I can track online - I'm so anxious!!!

August 13, 2007 - NOA1 - YAY!!!

JANUARY 8, 2008 - APPROVED!!!!

May 14, 2008 - he's finally here

June 22, 2008 - "Wedding Bells"

August 7 - Adjustment of Status and EAD sent

August 11 - Dates of both NOA1 for AOS and EAD

and we wait....

September 4, 2008 - Biometrics appt in Phila for both AOS and EAD

Love is what makes you smile when you're tired....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Good God. It's like every thread in this section has turned into wedding forums. I don't want to offend anyone at all, but isn't it a little crazy to plan weddings now? All it takes is an RFE or 2 or 3 and some unfortunate souls will waste plenty of money and tears. I hate to say it but I foresee some unhappy ladies in late winter early spring, 2008. Though, i certainly hope not.... Remember, you will all have 90 days.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.