Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
few more updates done to spreadsheet.

Anyways I have an announcement..........

......My wedding day is booked!!!! Saturday 3rd May. Just over 8 months away!

:thumbs: Congrats!! :thumbs:

I'm thinking about having a May wedding too, but with school and everything nothing is "set in stone" yet but when Ricardo comes in November we'll dicuss that......Sorry I'm rambling, but I wish you the best! :D

Edited by michellemilitza

AOS:

August 8, 2008: We're married!! (both the ceremony and legal wedding)

September 11, 2008: Got the marriage certificate in the mail!! 

September 20, 2008: Sent AOS packet (I-485, EAD, AP)

September 22, 2008: USPS confirmed delivery at LockBox

September 26, 2008: Check Cashed!! :)

September 25, 2008: Recv'd date on all NOA's 

September 30, 2008: Received all 3 NOA's: I-485, EAD, AP

Ocotber 10, 2008: RFE for I-485 (needed proof of citizenship for sponsor) :S

October 21, 2008: Biometrics @12 pm in Ft. Lauderdale~over and done with in 5min!!~

October 22, 2008: documents for RFE sent via Priority Mail

October 24, 2008: documents received at MO

November 6, 2008: Case transferred to CSC :D

December 10, 2008: EAD approved!! Card production ordered!

Dec. 15, 2008: Rec'd EAD and AP via mail.

March 2, 2009: AOS Approved

March 9, 2009: Green Card Received!!!

March 24, 2020: N400 submitted (online)

January 2021: notice stating no new Biometrics needed

April 15, 2022: Notice to Appear for interview and exam

June 4, 2022: Interview/Exam Day! 🥳

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Has anyone had any form of activity/touches since NOA1? I know it doesn't mean much right now if there's no touches, but nice to feel alive! :wacko:

I've used the "RFE trick" twice and I've gotten 4 touches(my file is a #######) .........nothing has changed but at least I know that it's there. The USCIS rep always tells me it's pending....

P.S: sorry for the bad joke, I just had to get that out of my system Lolz!

:lol:

AOS:

October 21, 2008: Biometrics @12 pm in Ft. Lauderdale~over and done with in 5min!!~

Okay here's my dates... pick the one you like the best:

I mailed the package on 29-July

USPS says that NSC got it on 1-Aug

NOA1 Hardcopy arrives in the mail from CSC on 27-Aug

"Received Date" on NOA1 Hardcopy is 29-July

"Notice Date" on NOA1 Hardcopy is 23-August

USCIS Web-site says "received" on 22-August

USCIS Web-site says "last updated" on 24-August

This is the date I have used for the spreadsheet and on my timeline so I think it is the "official" one if such a thing exists :)

I really love it here.... you know after all us July Filers all get married we're going to have to have a big ole' picnic somewhere (well somewhere warm anyway). Oh, did I mention...

:dance::dance::dance:NOA1 ARRIVED, NOA1 ARRIVED :dance::dance::dance:

I'm so excited to be in the system... and to think I always hated Big Brother :whistle:

Gratz on the NOA!! And to everyone else too who has finally received theirs. I spend whole evenings lingering in the forum and the one evening I go out and get a life the thread increases by three pages! So apologies for the lack of individual gratzies but you all know I am thinking of you ;)

Btw - big ol' July filer picnic sounds awesome - which State!?

Anyways I have an announcement..........

......My wedding day is booked!!!! Saturday 3rd May. Just over 8 months away!

Gratz!!! I know you were planning it and I am so happy you can join in the wedding planning - it is so exciting although I feel like mine is almost coming to an end although there is still so much to sort out other than the wedding I suppose I should be grateful!! The church is really beautiful - you'll have to make sure we all get to see the pics!! And keep us posted on the plans (or me at least!) cause I just love seeing what everyone else is doing :D

We really need a July Filer wedding planning thread!! I guess we could always use the Visa Journey facebook group and set up a discussion there - that is if anyone is as obsessed with facebook as me... ;)

nope, no touches, but my case is 'received and pending' :D

the Oxford Dictionary defines 'pending' as 'lying on a shelf gathering dust', or 'locked away in a room to which no one has a key', or occasionally 'completely ignored' ;)

That seems to ring true as horrible as it sounds! Have still not had any touches - I used to think I didn't want any because I was convinced that it was going to be an RFE but right now I am thinking the first touch I get if any will mean they are at least processing my case properly. It's reassuring to know that not many of us have had touches - I would love to call and harrass people but I am sure they have enough to keep them busy without me giving them grief over something I know is going to take longer than we have already waited :D

I've used the "RFE trick" twice and I've gotten 4 touches(my file is a #######) .........nothing has changed but at least I know that it's there. The USCIS rep always tells me it's pending....

P.S: sorry for the bad joke, I just had to get that out of my system Lolz!

:lol:

I've been wanting to make that joke too but haven't had any touches... does that make my case virginal?!

Ok... I think that is about it for my brief summary of the pages of updates people have been providing! Debz really has her work cut out for her with the spreadsheet now ;D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

So if I file in July and they transfer my case to California Service Center in August does that make me now an August filer?

I should update my timeline too because I just filled out changes of address online this past week for my applications.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
I've been wanting to make that joke too but haven't had any touches... does that make my case virginal?!

Ok... I think that is about it for my brief summary of the pages of updates people have been providing! Debz really has her work cut out for her with the spreadsheet now ;D

yes, I believe your file is still "pure" and waiting for "marriage".....haha I'm sorry I'm a little dilusional right now

:no:

Edited by michellemilitza

AOS:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
So if I file in July and they transfer my case to California Service Center in August does that make me now an August filer?

I should update my timeline too because I just filled out changes of address online this past week for my applications.

I always thought it went by the NOA1 date. The date that is printed in the NOA1 "receipt date" box. Also would be the same date as the USCIS website gives. But lately there seems to be 2 other arguements. The date the I-129f was mailed, and the date the I-129f was accepted by USCIS. Seems to be a big grey area there. In your case it could probably go either way, depending on who you ask. But in my opinion you would be an August filer only because your NOA1 date is obviously in August. I dont really know, but good luck to you.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
nope, no touches, but my case is 'received and pending' :D

the Oxford Dictionary defines 'pending' as 'lying on a shelf gathering dust', or 'locked away in a room to which no one has a key', or occasionally 'completely ignored' ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm getting to the stage where I am becoming more and more annoyed with the fact I am not getting touched!! Not so annoyed it's driving me crazy or anything because I know these things take time but enough that I am getting frustrated with the waiting - we have a deadline to meet!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What the heck is going on here?

We sent in our I-129f petition on July 25th and received postal confirmation of delivery on July 27th. We also received confirmation that our money order was cashed on August 3rd. We waited 3 weeks with no NOA1 in sight and decided to call to get our case number. We were told that we should wait a couple of more weeks and we should have it...the very "helpful" person who answered the phone was very abrupt and hung up before giving us our case number.

Hurray, hurray...the hard copy of the NOA1 arrives in the mail yesterday (August 28th)! The notice date is August 16th. I'm so happy that I rush to the computer and enter our case number into the USCIS web-site so that we can begin to follow our case on-line. To my horror, I find this notice:

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Case Rejected

On August 15, 2007, we determined that this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was not properly filed, rejected it, and mailed it back to you with all supporting materials along with a notice describing the reasons the case was rejected. The notice will also describe what will need to be done to properly submit the case.

WHAT!!!!!!!!

If this is the case...which I simply can't believe because we were totally ####### about everything being perfect...then why did they cash the money order if the petition was improperly filed and had to be returned to us?

Shouldn't the money order have been returned with the package?

If the package was mailed back to us on August 15th (that was 2 weeks ago), why don't we have it yet?

And, if the whole petition was rejected on August 15th...then why were we issued an NOA1 on August 16th?

Could this status report be some sort of clerical error? If that's possible, how can we find out? Are we in the system or not? What exactly was wrong with the petition...we did everything right...the process is fairly straightforward and not exactly "rocket science". We followed the guides here exactly.

We are going to be calling USCIS today to try to get some answers to our questions.

I'm so frustrated right now that I want to cry.

Edited by Rick and Dixie

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I always thought it went by the NOA1 date. The date that is printed in the NOA1 "receipt date" box. Also would be the same date as the USCIS website gives. But lately there seems to be 2 other arguements. The date the I-129f was mailed, and the date the I-129f was accepted by USCIS. Seems to be a big grey area there. In your case it could probably go either way, depending on who you ask. But in my opinion you would be an August filer only because your NOA1 date is obviously in August. I dont really know, but good luck to you.

I agree with your thought process Jason.

On August 15, 2007, we determined that this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was not properly filed, rejected it, and mailed it back to you with all supporting materials along with a notice describing the reasons the case was rejected. The notice will also describe what will need to be done to properly submit the case.

WHAT!!!!!!!!

If this is the case...which I simply can't believe because we were totally ####### about everything being perfect...then why did they cash the money order if the petition was improperly filed and had to be returned to us?

If the package was mailed back to us on August 15th (that was 2 weeks ago), why don't we have it yet?

And, if the whole petition was rejected on August 15th...then why were we issued an NOA1 on August 16th?

Could this status report be some sort of clerical error? If that's possible, how can we find out? Are we in the system or not? What exactly was wrong with the petition...we did everything right...the process is fairly straightforward and not exactly "rocket science". We followed the guides here exactly.

We are going to be calling USCIS today to try to get some answers to our questions.

I'm so frustrated right now that I want to cry.

Everything will be ok - just trust in that. All you can do is what you are already doing which is being patient and calling USCIS when you get a chance.

From what you have said it does seem like a clerical error - that was my first thought. I would imagine some numpty has put in the wrong description but for your peace of mind you will need to call. It's easy for me to sit here and say it's all ok because in your situation I would be cacking myself as well.

Let us know how you get on with the call and good luck :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Your signature indicates that you received your NOA1 in July, hence I believe you are a July filer. Although, you might want to visit the K3 forum since that is what you've filed for. IMO, comparing K1 progress and K3 progress is like comparing apples and oranges.

In either cae, all the best on your Visa journey!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline
What the heck is going on here?

WHAT!!!!!!!!

Please`let us know how things go. I think it's probably error. You have my sympathy, I think I'd go mad if this happened to me. I can only begin to imagine your frustration based on how I would feel. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...update us on whats happening!

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Does anyone feel like the more they post here, the quicker things will happen!? I'm sat in work and it is really slow and I am just wishing I could refresh the USCIS case status page as if that might get a response as quick as some of the threads on here!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.