Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
There are 57 July filers who currently have Nebraska or Texas on their Visa Journey timeline.

Since all of these petitions are being adjudicated in either California or Vermont, it seems to me that VJ statistics and projections would be more accurate if all the timelines showed either California or Vermont as the service center. As it stands now, any USCIS actions on the Nebraska and Texas petitions will not have any impact on the projections of CSC and VSJ petitions.

I believe the hard copy of the NOA1 shows where the petition is being adjudicated.

Does anyone else think it would be better for all of us if members with Texas and Nebraska petitions changed their VJ timeline service center to California or Vermont?

I agree completely. If you filed in July and have Nebraska or Texas as your service center in your timelines, please change it to match your NOA1 (California or Vermont). :) Thank you....

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so I just checked the list....

is it REALLY true that only 4 May filers have gotten their NOA2 from CSC??

This can't be right. Tell me I'm wrong

At what list are you looking?

In any case, using a VJ timeline search I find that 84 K1 petitions were submitted to California in May. 2 of those have received NOA2's. If I search by NOA1 date, there are 86 May NOA1's with 8 of them having received their NOA2's. The extra 6 NOA2's will be April filers who received their NOA1's in May.

It looks to me as if CSC is still working mostly on petitions from April filers.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

good luck, i hope you get febuary. i dont know how fast syria is right now but we're hoping to have our interview in feb or march and possibly april. I wouldnt pick a date until you have your visa. this is the most common mistake we see posted on here. everything is booked for a wedding dependant on a visa date that doesnt exist and could take longer. then the people have the choice of canceling and losing money or marrying and commiting visa fruad if they still use the K1, or canceling the K1 and going the k3 and losing all the time they waited for k1.

I found this site after we had booked our wedding - we booked it before we started filing for the visa and knew how long things would take - it does suck as we have kinda gone about things a bit backwards but we have decided that should we not get the visa in time, we will just have to cancel the K-1 and apply for the K-3. On the bright side it gives us longer to save for a house together as otherwise we will have to rent at first :)

Last day together today hence why I am up at 6am - cat woke me up and now I can't get back to sleep - hoping I can get a little more sleep by tiring myself out here for a few :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I found this site after we had booked our wedding - we booked it before we started filing for the visa and knew how long things would take - it does suck as we have kinda gone about things a bit backwards but we have decided that should we not get the visa in time, we will just have to cancel the K-1 and apply for the K-3. On the bright side it gives us longer to save for a house together as otherwise we will have to rent at first :)

well it sounds like you have a good plan and you wont be crying or freaking out if your wedding day approaches and the visa isn't in hand. you don't need that stress for sure with the normal stress of a bride on her wedding day. hopefully everything will go alright and you'll get your K1 and your wedding.

Chris

Edited by chris4gretchen

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

That's what we're hoping for! Luckily we have a wedding planner so stress is minimal but there is still so much emotion and stress linked to getting married let alone moving to a new country so it all helps! We really really hope to get our K-1 in time but we have to be realistic and have a contingency plan otherwise I think I would go insane - part of me thinks it would be quite nice to play the waiting game without a deadline in mind!!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
That's what we're hoping for! Luckily we have a wedding planner so stress is minimal but there is still so much emotion and stress linked to getting married let alone moving to a new country so it all helps! We really really hope to get our K-1 in time but we have to be realistic and have a contingency plan otherwise I think I would go insane - part of me thinks it would be quite nice to play the waiting game without a deadline in mind!!!

Alyson, you can obviously deal with stress a lot better than I can. If I'd made any plans like you I'd been on medication by now! :D

Scott and I have made very 'loose' plans. If we get the visa in time I plan to fly out there (Massachusetts) on 12th Jan, then we'll fly to Vegas on 28th Jan and get married on 30th Jan. However, nothing is booked and nothing is paid for so we can just put everything back if need be. Having said that I'm keeping everything crossed for a 12th Jan move. :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

It has been 3 weeks today that our stuff arrived at the NSC. We still haven't heard nor did they cash our check. Do you think it would be too early to call to make sure that it didn't get lost on the way from Nebraska to California? What number would that be?

Thanks,

Christine

7-28-07 I-129F send to NSC

7-30-07 I-129F was delivered at the NSC

8-04-08 Christine left to Germany

8-23-07 CSC cashed our check

8-27-07 received NOA1

1-14-08 NOA 2 was issued

1-25-08 Medical in Hamburg, Germany

2-29-08 Interview in Frankfurt, Germany

3-14-08 Visa in the Mail

4-02-08 Flight to Minneapolis

5-25-08 Wedding

It has been 3 weeks today that our stuff arrived at the NSC. We still haven't heard nor did they cash our check. Do you think it would be too early to call to make sure that it didn't get lost on the way from Nebraska to California? What number would that be?

Thanks,

Christine

There are 6 VJ members who have NSC on their timeline and sent their petition to Nebraska during the last 4 days of July. None of them have received their NOA1's. If we look at those who filed during the last 7 days of July, 15 have filed and only 3 have received NOA1's.

I think you need to wait some more. There is no harm in calling, but I think they will also tell you to wait.

Best of luck!

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

In any case, using a VJ timeline search I find that 84 K1 petitions were submitted to California in May. 2 of those have received NOA2's. If I search by NOA1 date, there are 86 May NOA1's with 8 of them having received their NOA2's. The extra 6 NOA2's will be April filers who received their NOA1's in May.

It looks to me as if CSC is still working mostly on petitions from April filers.

Damn. This is unbelievable. Only 2 applications from May are approved by CSC?? So that means that right now we are looking at a minimum 4 month waiting time for NOA2s from CSC right? and thats just the minimum!

21 JUL 07 : K1 package mailed to Nebraska Service Center

24 JUL 07 : K1 arrived in Lincoln, NE

24 JUL 07 : USPS status of package: DELIVERED:)

02 AUG 07 : NOA1 from CSC

03 DEC 07: NOA2

12 DEC 07: NVC Receives

14 DEC 07: NVC sends to Bangkok

17 DEC 07: Consulate receives

08 JAN 08: Packet 3 sent

08 JAN 08: Given date of interview

11 JAN 08: Interview...approved already before getting to the window!...NO questions asked

25 JAN 08: My lady arrives in IAD-Washington DC:)

19 APR 08: Married in Alexandria, VA (5 days before Visa expires)

20 JUN 08: Mailing in AOS packet

18 DEC 09: GREEN CARD RECEIVED:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
There are 57 July filers who currently have Nebraska or Texas on their Visa Journey timeline.

Since all of these petitions are being adjudicated in either California or Vermont, it seems to me that VJ statistics and projections would be more accurate if all the timelines showed either California or Vermont as the service center. As it stands now, any USCIS actions on the Nebraska and Texas petitions will not have any impact on the projections of CSC and VSJ petitions.

I believe the hard copy of the NOA1 shows where the petition is being adjudicated.

Does anyone else think it would be better for all of us if members with Texas and Nebraska petitions changed their VJ timeline service center to California or Vermont?

I agree completely. If you filed in July and have Nebraska or Texas as your service center in your timelines, please change it to match your NOA1 (California or Vermont). :) Thank you....

Dang! I just changed ours from TSC to CSC and it moved me out 3 more days!!!! I guess it's a more realistic estimate but I sure would like to see us move up or closer in something, lol.

09/03/08 - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

09/10/08 - Picked up visa

09/20/08 - Arrived in the US - WHOOOOHOOOOO!

12/06/08 - Wedding

01/12/09 - AOS sent

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I moved back up one day! Yay!! :P

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Alyson, you can obviously deal with stress a lot better than I can. If I'd made any plans like you I'd been on medication by now! :D

Scott and I have made very 'loose' plans. If we get the visa in time I plan to fly out there (Massachusetts) on 12th Jan, then we'll fly to Vegas on 28th Jan and get married on 30th Jan. However, nothing is booked and nothing is paid for so we can just put everything back if need be. Having said that I'm keeping everything crossed for a 12th Jan move. :yes:

We're hoping for a March 12th wedding. but i'm beginning to think it will be april. if its december that we get our NOA2.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Damn. This is unbelievable. Only 2 applications from May are approved by CSC?? So that means that right now we are looking at a minimum 4 month waiting time for NOA2s from CSC right? and thats just the minimum!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but here it goes. The current average K1 processing time for California is 126 days. But you and I both filed at the end of July. This could possibly be the worst time to have applied in recent history because of the possible crush of pre 7/30 price increase petitions.

VJ provides a projection of when you will receive your NOA2. This projection is found when you look at your timeline. The projection seems to be based on the average waiting time of recent approved petitions from your service center. You are currently projected to be approved on December 5th.

VJ's projections are fairly accurate, but they are not rock solid and they are subject to change.

The impact of the possible pre price increase spike in petitions has not been factored into the projections yet, because the projections are based on the waiting time of adjudicated petitions. If there really was a huge increase in petitions at the end of July, than late July and August filers may really have a long wait. On the other hand, if this spike in petitions turns out to be a myth, than there should be no impact.

In any case, try to stay calm because this is going to take a while. Best of luck! :)

My Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but here it goes. The current average K1 processing time for California is 126 days. But you and I both filed at the end of July. This could possibly be the worst time to have applied in recent history because of the possible crush of pre 7/30 price increase petitions.

VJ provides a projection of when you will receive your NOA2. This projection is found when you look at your timeline. The projection seems to be based on the average waiting time of recent approved petitions from your service center. You are currently projected to be approved on December 5th.

VJ's projections are fairly accurate, but they are not rock solid and they are subject to change.

The impact of the possible pre price increase spike in petitions has not been factored into the projections yet, because the projections are based on the waiting time of adjudicated petitions. If there really was a huge increase in petitions at the end of July, than late July and August filers may really have a long wait. On the other hand, if this spike in petitions turns out to be a myth, than there should be no impact.

In any case, try to stay calm because this is going to take a while. Best of luck! :)

Well, I am trying to be positive even though an NOA 1 sounds really good right now ;)

I am hoping that the government knew what would come when they raised the fees. Because there are very intelligent people working for the government (let's stay positive :D ) they of course hired a bunch of new people to work through our files!!!

Therefore, friends: Everything will be done in no time!!!!!

Christine

7-28-07 I-129F send to NSC

7-30-07 I-129F was delivered at the NSC

8-04-08 Christine left to Germany

8-23-07 CSC cashed our check

8-27-07 received NOA1

1-14-08 NOA 2 was issued

1-25-08 Medical in Hamburg, Germany

2-29-08 Interview in Frankfurt, Germany

3-14-08 Visa in the Mail

4-02-08 Flight to Minneapolis

5-25-08 Wedding

Filed: Timeline

Attention - I certainly don't mean to be discouraging, but realistic.

Write this down:

"If I filed in late July, and my K1 is being processed in California - I should not expect to receive a NOA2 until November-January."

If you do this, I promise you - no more worries and you will probably save a ton of money, from all that rolaids, heh.

Best of luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.