Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Thee Rak - I really hope it is something good - this week really *does* seem to be a good week so far!! And it is only Tuesday! I can barely believe so much has happened!!!

woohoo, Thee_Rak! this is it... I can feel it in my waters :D

*tries to look mysterious; instead looks constipated and slightly crazy*

:blink:

in other news, I have had a shot in each arm and am now feeding myself with chocolate covered marshmallows under the pretence that this GREAT hardship means that I deserve them :D

bloody America :angry:

Haha - well I didn't get as far as the jabs :P I asked for HPV and to get a blood test for chicken pox immunity and the doc looked baffled to say the least. He is going to look into it all for me and get back to me. At the medical do they test for chicken pox immunity in the blood test or do you have to get that done separately?

Selam - the list of questions are all the ones from various people in the UK forum - they weren't all asked at once! They are just examples from a group of people that I am hoping to constantly add to :) I am sure your OH will be absolutely fine! Good luck!! :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I don't have to get HPV because I am an old woman :P

no idea about chicken pox immunity... I've had it, so I better bloody well be immune :angry:

not looking forward to giving blood... I'm not remotely frightened of it, but I always faint; it sucks :(

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Haha - that is pretty funny *hugs* I could understand if you were scared but!!

Oh - we are in jeraly chat as well if you fancy b*tching about tito :lol: moxie is baiting him - we have decided that his two minions (RIGHT ON!!!!!!1!! :thumbs:) are like Crabbe and Goyle :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

everyone,

Whats the 2008 minimum poverty limit guidelines? Where can I download it or see it?

thanks

HD

The USCIS website still has one for 2007. The new ones do not go into effect until the Spring of 2008 according to a note at the bottom of the 2007 guidelines. Here is the one for 2007.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

I thought I saw Ewok post the 2008 guidelines somewhere on here..?

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline

ooo, coolness! where's the link to Jeraly Chat? :D

problem with tito is, he probably DOES know a lot, but just doesn't know how to express himself without being sensationalist about it (and without his opinion colouring and tainting everything)... ironically the last post I saw of his, the answer to mox about 'the REALITY', was almost exactly what we've been asking him to do: he (mainly) distinguished fact from opinion, and expressed himself mildly :lol:

I almost said 'well done!' but thought I'd be seen as condescending (even though that's not what I would have meant ;) )

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Holy freakin' heck...

TOUCH...!!!!

Everyone please keep your fingers crossed that it's on it's way to approval and not RFE.

I have everything crossed for you!!!! It happened to me - I KNOW it can happen for you. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Whose interview questions did you just read Selam?

I just read your interview questions. That was a really super thing to do...thank you! I found it helpful, but freaky. Man they asked you a lot. I heard they just ask like 2-3 questions. My fiance has his interview in a couple of hours and I am just freaking out!

Since most of the July bunch are seasoned K1ers now I wondered if you could point me in the direction of decent info on what to do next. I've read the flowchart on the guides here and had a quick look around for threads but I'm lazy not sure which forum is best for this stuff.

Thanks! :D

Haha - I haven't really done anything... Post NOA2 you can wait a week then try calling NVC/DOS to see if they have your file yet - it is recommended you call each day after that but CVC is so ####### slow that it can take around a month :P I'd call once a week then after three weeks call back each day :) They will then tell you your LND# if you ask nicely and tell you when they received it/sent it to embassy :)

I've attached instructions that were posted on VJ as well by rouguewave to help you try and track your case from NVC to embassy :)

Start trying to get the evidence for your I-134 now as from what I can see - other than the forms (which you can fill in online) this is the most time-consuming thing :)

Our Visa Journey

07/29/07 ---- Mailed I-129F

08/25/07 --- Check finally cashed (8/27 I should be able to see the R number on the back).

08/27/07 --- NOA1 Arrives from CSC and I create my account profile on the USCIS.Gov web-site (the clock starts)!!!

02/05/08 --- After 191 days NOA2 (Approval) comes at last!!!!

2/14/08 --- NVC sends letter saying that it's on the way to the US Embassy in Bangkok

2/25/08 --- She receives Packet 3 from the Embassy

3/29/08 --- She receives Packet 4 with interview date (July 11th).

3/30/08 --- I e-mail the Embassy asking to make the date earlier because I've already got our tickets for June 13th!!!

5/6/08 --- No help from the Embassy. Rebooked tickets and vacation till September.

5/21/08 --- Embassy calls her and moves interview to May 27th!!!!! You have got to be kidding me!!!

9/21/08 --- POE San Francisco!!!!

12/8/08 --- Married!!!!

12/15/08 --- Mail AOS + AP + EAD package to Chicago

12/28/08 --- Come back from vacation and find AOS/AP/EAD NOA 1 and Bio App notices in the mailbox!!!

1/13/09 --- Bio Appt

4/22/09 --- AOS Interview "APPROVED"!!!

3/04/2011 --- OUR BABY IS BORN... We have a son!!!!!

3/10/2011 --- Mail I-751 application to lift conditions on residency

3/12/2011 --- I-751 Package received by CSC

3/14/2011 --- NOA 1

3/21/2011 --- NOA 2 (Biometrics Appt 4/18/2011)

5/27/2011 --- ROC Approved. 10 Year Green Card arrived 6/04/2011

Timeline

I just registered for Jeraly chat but it won't let me in; says my name or password is not recognised :(

*locked out of all the fun*

*with sore arms*

:crying:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Aww StP - glad you figured it out - for anyone else, you don't need to register - just log in with whatever username you choose :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Audrey!!! I just noticed in your signature that you got your approval...AWESOME!! Congratulations!!

I believe that officially makes me THE last person on this thread still waiting.

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Audrey!!! I just noticed in your signature that you got your approval...AWESOME!! Congratulations!!

I believe that officially makes me THE last person on this thread still waiting.

Not quite the last. We are all rooting for you still. I hope that we can celebrate your NOA2 very soon. *hugs*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Keep the faith. What was the reason for extended review?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Keep the faith. What was the reason for extended review?

namechecks :(

CBR - there are a few still waiting and we are all rooting for you - it has to be soon now :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.