Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Yeah - our house is just a normal three bed semi-detached house with a single garage and ok, to be fair, a pretty large garden and it is worth well over $500k... it's insane :blink:

We'll defo be looking at places but it's just a case of knowing where to start - we'll have to rent at first anyway just so we have a place to live! How feasible is it for Jeremy to get a mortgage on his own when he earns salary of $24900?!?!?! Do we need to wait for me to be earning as well? He doesn't think we can afford a mortgage right away but if it is possible... well then it makes sense for him to be looking at that rather than for a place to rent after I come home :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

We're hoping to snag a bargain on the property front too when I move out there, but Jesse is worried because he's going to be a student for a couple more years. I still think it's worth taking advantage of the property market as it stands currently. We might just end up staying with his mom until we get really settled financially - and that is no hardship at all. She is wonderful and a great cook! :D

Which reminds me. As soon as she heard about our approval she started getting paperwork together for the I-134 but I am concerned she's being a bit previous (although I love her excitement). I have a few questions on this for those in the know;

1. Where (other than USCIS since the nearest office to Bakersfield is Fresno) is free/cheap best to get the forms notarised?
  2. Should she hold off getting the letter from her employer and notarising the I-134 until we get an interview date?
  3. If she is earning well above the poverty guidelines am I right in thinking details of assets/savings are not required?
That's it for now but I may have more later :D Edited by babblesgirl

As far as I know you can get things notarised at most banks for free. Jeremy is getting his stuff notarised at AAA if that is any help :)

Not sure about number 2...

As for #3 as I understand it, as long as she is making the 125% in her salary then she doesn't need to worry about assets/savings although it can't hurt to declare them ;)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Okey dokey. Thanks for the tip! It just occurred to me that you won't have put together your I-134 stuff yet. I just don't want to be too 'soon' with it really - no good it holding up things at interview. I'm planning to be over there as soon as humanly possible :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Aly, just a couple of things to maybe consider:

- you could think about signing a rental agreement for 6 months instead of 12; that would lock you in for less time

- you could see the rental period (however long it is) as a way to get a credit history happening / improve Jeremy's current one - the guy leasing my SO's place is doing just that, after a divorce (he has the money for a place now, but will get a lower interest rate on his mortgage if he can show a good credit history)

- renting for even a short time would allow you to get a better idea of places, and where you might like to live (says she who picked out her partner's place on the internet :lol: )

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Haha - yeah I think Jeremy is convinced on the idea of speaking to a realtor at the very least anyway just to see what we can get - no harm in finding out!!! It's just nice to think of these things :D Making a life together will be so exciting (and bloody hard work!!) because I have never moved out and lived independently and Jeremy hasn't either really - it is going to be a steep learning curve but it should be fun figuring things out together :D

Am still going through panic mode - just got an e-mail from someone through our website from VJ asking about the whole non-legal wedding concept. I was trying to explain it and also explained that it is just how it has happened for us but that I can highly NOT recommend it to plan it like that!!! He was saying his lawyer had said it was practically impossible to enter the US while going through K-1 and I was thinking... "either your lawyer knows nothing or I am deluding myself" then the panic started allllll over again - yay me :P

Saying I am going to visit my boyfriend for Valentine's day will be fine won't it?! I have a letter from my employer (no address but on headed paper - hope this won't cause issues) as well as return tickets for all three legs of my flight (ONT-ATL, ATL-DUB, DUB-BRS) and my NOA1/2 to show if asked that I am going about things in the proper manner... does this sound ok? I know I have been over it a million times but.... :P

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

oh, same in Sydney... where, unfortunately, I have a mortgage :(

however, there has to be SOME advantage to moving from one of the most amazing cities in the world to HOUSTON :blink:

and at the moment, the insanely cheap cost of living is it ;)

(apart from my SO, of course :wub: )

lol I know how you feel...I will be attending graduate school in the fall, and may have to move to South Bend, Indiana in order to do so (that is where Notre Dame University is located, one of my top three choices)...coming from New York City, I cannot even fathom what life will be like there!! I was doing some research on Craigslist though, and found out how INSANELY cheap it is to live in the MidWest...compared to the neighborhood where I currently live, the rent is anywhere 5-10x cheaper...what im paying for my tiny little room in Brooklyn (in an apartment which I share with two other people), I could pay for a 3/4 bedroom house with a yard and driveway there...its absolute insanity...thats the perk though :thumbs:

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

According to Jeremy there aren't 6month/12 month leases?!?!? Ahhh- this place is crazy!? I am never going to figure things out :angry:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Timeline
Saying I am going to visit my boyfriend for Valentine's day will be fine won't it?! I have a letter from my employer (no address but on headed paper - hope this won't cause issues) as well as return tickets for all three legs of my flight (ONT-ATL, ATL-DUB, DUB-BRS) and my NOA1/2 to show if asked that I am going about things in the proper manner... does this sound ok? I know I have been over it a million times but.... :P

Yep you'll be fine with this info.

And welcome to Cali!! (early edition)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
...all of us recent July approvees.

Oh great... rub it in why don't 'cha

Well I only ever intended to be helpful. My NOA2 is very new and many July filers are well past the stage we're at. I apologise if pointing the finger at the latest July approvals was upsetting for you but my intention was definitely to spread the message to all remaining July filers that there is a board (set up for August and September filers) where we can find the help we need (without scrolling back through weeks of posts). I certainly hope you will be joining us there soon.

Don't worry about it... I'm resigned to the fact that we are going to be the last July Filer approval. I guess sarcasm doesn't come across well in writing (or maybe I'm just no good at it).

Our Visa Journey

07/29/07 ---- Mailed I-129F

08/25/07 --- Check finally cashed (8/27 I should be able to see the R number on the back).

08/27/07 --- NOA1 Arrives from CSC and I create my account profile on the USCIS.Gov web-site (the clock starts)!!!

02/05/08 --- After 191 days NOA2 (Approval) comes at last!!!!

2/14/08 --- NVC sends letter saying that it's on the way to the US Embassy in Bangkok

2/25/08 --- She receives Packet 3 from the Embassy

3/29/08 --- She receives Packet 4 with interview date (July 11th).

3/30/08 --- I e-mail the Embassy asking to make the date earlier because I've already got our tickets for June 13th!!!

5/6/08 --- No help from the Embassy. Rebooked tickets and vacation till September.

5/21/08 --- Embassy calls her and moves interview to May 27th!!!!! You have got to be kidding me!!!

9/21/08 --- POE San Francisco!!!!

12/8/08 --- Married!!!!

12/15/08 --- Mail AOS + AP + EAD package to Chicago

12/28/08 --- Come back from vacation and find AOS/AP/EAD NOA 1 and Bio App notices in the mailbox!!!

1/13/09 --- Bio Appt

4/22/09 --- AOS Interview "APPROVED"!!!

3/04/2011 --- OUR BABY IS BORN... We have a son!!!!!

3/10/2011 --- Mail I-751 application to lift conditions on residency

3/12/2011 --- I-751 Package received by CSC

3/14/2011 --- NOA 1

3/21/2011 --- NOA 2 (Biometrics Appt 4/18/2011)

5/27/2011 --- ROC Approved. 10 Year Green Card arrived 6/04/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
oh, same in Sydney... where, unfortunately, I have a mortgage :(

however, there has to be SOME advantage to moving from one of the most amazing cities in the world to HOUSTON :blink:

and at the moment, the insanely cheap cost of living is it ;)

(apart from my SO, of course :wub: )

houston..atleast it's a city with stuff...i have 2 move to iowa for a year.. my fiance promised to bring me back to the east coast before i wither!. All I saw there was corn. :blink::wacko:

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
We're hoping to snag a bargain on the property front too when I move out there, but Jesse is worried because he's going to be a student for a couple more years. I still think it's worth taking advantage of the property market as it stands currently. We might just end up staying with his mom until we get really settled financially - and that is no hardship at all. She is wonderful and a great cook! :D

Which reminds me. As soon as she heard about our approval she started getting paperwork together for the I-134 but I am concerned she's being a bit previous (although I love her excitement). I have a few questions on this for those in the know;

1. Where (other than USCIS since the nearest office to Bakersfield is Fresno) is free/cheap best to get the forms notarised?
  2. Should she hold off getting the letter from her employer and notarising the I-134 until we get an interview date?
  3. If she is earning well above the poverty guidelines am I right in thinking details of assets/savings are not required?
That's it for now but I may have more later :D

London has been pretty good about giving out interview dates within a month or two of pkt 3. I did my employer letter and I 134 soon after I got noa2.

I got mine notarized at the local ups store. But banks do them too. U can look up local notaries on the internet.

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

We were approved today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marianne and Brian

K-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-28

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-08-29

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-01-30

NVC Received : 2008-02-14

NVC Left : 2008-02-15

Consulate Received : 2008-02-21

Packet 3 Received : 2008-03-08

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-03-26

Packet 4 Received : 2008-04-09

Interview Date : 2008-04-22

Visa In Hand: 2008-04-30

Date of US Entry : 2008-09-26

Date of Wedding : 2008-09-29

AOS Journey

Local CIS office nearest you: Portland OR

Filing date: 2008-10-27

NOA date for I-485 - need to get this one!!!

I-485 Biometrics Appt Date: 2008-11-23

I-485 Interview Date (yyyy-mm-dd) 2009-04-13

I-485 Approval / Denial Date 2009-04-13

I-485 Approved ? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.