Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
When I proposed to Bella exactly one year ago today I told her the entire process would take 3 months. I know it sounds crazy now but that is how long it was taking for Colombia filers going through VSC back then. Luckily she does not beat me up too often about my slight miscalculation. :bonk:

The good news is we learned today that our interview is Feburary 29th. :) Suddenly it is dawning on me that if all goes well in a month or so I am going from a family of 1 to a family of 4. I am looking forward to it but Yikes! :wacko:

Happy engagement anniversary! We thought it would take six months *liney face*

Great news about the interview date - leap day too! Best of luck :)

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
...I get a proper laugh when I think about our first conversations about his moving here back in May/June of last year and I was wanting him to move by august, but he felt like he should wait until the end of sept. to save up some more money before he moved!!!! THEN we filed the visa.......we had no idea what it would take and the memories of those first little naive conversations always makes me laugh!

:lol:

we were exACTly the same :lol:

Dave wanted me over there by Thanksgiving... I wasn't sure, but I thought by Christmas at the outside :lol:

and then came all the discussions about maybe getting married in Aus, with all my family... henc henc henc :lol:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My first, middle AND last names are ALL common but are they checking me (USC)? Or are they checking him? Why would the FBI check the foreign fiance? And then why does the embassy do that later too? I just don't get it. I was assuming the name check now was on me the petitioner and the embassy checks the fiance since they're based in their country. ?

NVC checks the beneficiary. The service center checks the petitioner. The embassy rechecks to make sure the person showing up is who the IDs belong to.

NVC is checking the beneficiary to make sure they are not a terrorist, wanted criminal, fugitive from another country etc. If the beneficiary name is common then it takes a while.

generally i see it taking the longest with middle eastern countries since its more often to see people with the same name and more scrutiny for background checks. Most of the ones on VJ who are in NVC for 6 months to a year in extended review have a beneficiary in the middle east. Dont know why you are still waiting there.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

My first, middle AND last names are ALL common but are they checking me (USC)? Or are they checking him? Why would the FBI check the foreign fiance? And then why does the embassy do that later too? I just don't get it. I was assuming the name check now was on me the petitioner and the embassy checks the fiance since they're based in their country. ?

NVC checks the beneficiary. The service center checks the petitioner. The embassy rechecks to make sure the person showing up is who the IDs belong to.

NVC is checking the beneficiary to make sure they are not a terrorist, wanted criminal, fugitive from another country etc. If the beneficiary name is common then it takes a while.

generally i see it taking the longest with middle eastern countries since its more often to see people with the same name and more scrutiny for background checks. Most of the ones on VJ who are in NVC for 6 months to a year in extended review have a beneficiary in the middle east. Dont know why you are still waiting there.

Chris

I may be confused but I think CBR is saying her petition is still at CSC. If it is, one does have to wonder why she warrants an extended review.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

CBR and babblesgirl - we must stick together. I can't believe it's 202 days today! This sucks BIG time. I feel for you both and know exactly how you feel. Another phone call to USCIS did nothing today. She just told me that if I have not heard from them by February 28th to feel free to call them.

Well, the 8 ball was not right - but then again they have until midnight to approve our case. Keeping fingers crossed but I understand how you feel with this wait. Patience is running very thin. I'm not sure how much longer I can keep it together.

I thought the 8 ball said the end of the month... there are 31 days in January so you have another day!!! :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
I thought the 8 ball said the end of the month... there are 31 days in January so you have another day!!! :D

i really feel for you. this must be SOOO incredibly frustrating. would it be impossible to chose the beneficiary's homecountry for the place to live? after going through all this immigrations-####### i really think that germany isn't that bad. :whistle:

i will be leaving tonite to go to frankfurt for my interview. my mum is stressing me because she needs my paystubs and stuff for her taxes as i was still a student most of last year. :help: . there is only so much i can handle at the moment..... i guess i will need a snickers for breakfast.

THE 8BALL HAS TO BE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions - Timeline:

5/26/2010: I-751 Received

5/27/2010: NOA

Oooh - Agnes - good luck at your interview!!! Let us know how it goes!! Just think - this part is almost over now :) We'll get there no matter how long it takes because we know that what we have is worth fighting for!! :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Timeline
Oooh - Agnes - good luck at your interview!!! Let us know how it goes!! Just think - this part is almost over now :) We'll get there no matter how long it takes because we know that what we have is worth fighting for!! :D

thank you.... at the moment i'm worrying about the visa-fee. the embassy sent me with pack 3 a yellow small piece of paper with information about how to send the fee. well, there was still the old fee on it, and second, somebody changed the fee twice with a pen, probably due to changing exchange rates. the piece of paper said, that i should wire the money to a bank account. the other germans on a german board keep saying that i should have sent the money via roskos & meier, a online money transfer organization that is specialized in visa fees, and that i will get into trouble tomorrow. well, my package 4 mentioned them, but said: you can pay either way.

now i'm wondering if those are just people who have to tell everybody that they know everything (better) even though they know only as much as i do, and they tell me the way it worked for them (2 years ago), or if i really screwed up.

oh, jeraly, when will you be leaving for the US in february?

Next Thursday!!! I am nervous and excited - I just kinda want to get there now - I am fed up of worrying about immigration and things and I just want to be past all that so I can enjoy myself!!!

As for the fee - would it not be worth phoning up the embassy and seeing what they say? You might get more reliable info that way ;) If you can take a cheque or cash or something with you as well then that might work at a push... I don't know how it is there - it seems that each embassy is completely different and that is pretty surprising!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline
Next Thursday!!! I am nervous and excited - I just kinda want to get there now - I am fed up of worrying about immigration and things and I just want to be past all that so I can enjoy myself!!!

As for the fee - would it not be worth phoning up the embassy and seeing what they say? You might get more reliable info that way ;) If you can take a cheque or cash or something with you as well then that might work at a push... I don't know how it is there - it seems that each embassy is completely different and that is pretty surprising!

they don't have a phone number but one that is €20 for 10 minutes. i paid the stupid fee!!!! and i have the receipt from my bank that the money was being transfered. that SHOULD be enough, shouldn't it? i will bring the piece of paper they sent with pack 3, so they can see the information they gave me.

you know, here on VJ there are people telling us that we will get declined if we do non-legal ceremonies, that we will get turned down at the POE for sure, and all kinds of stuff. and there are only a few people on the german board, so maybe they are just biased.

They dont' know what they are talking about - if you are not legally married then you are not committing visa fraud and so they can't deny you the visa (well they can but you can contest it :P). I'm not even going to mention it - it is far too much hassle! They can check the register for births, deaths and marriages and your names will not be on there so how can you have got married?!

It sounds as though you will be fine - if you have all the info there that they sent you and a receipt from the bank then if they have a problem with it they should sort out their documentation - anyone but a moron should be fine with that - it is prolly cause you are nervous as well and it is one thing that isn't completely perfect - because they sent you a stupid letter!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
CBR and babblesgirl - we must stick together. I can't believe it's 202 days today! This sucks BIG time. I feel for you both and know exactly how you feel. Another phone call to USCIS did nothing today. She just told me that if I have not heard from them by February 28th to feel free to call them.

Well, the 8 ball was not right - but then again they have until midnight to approve our case. Keeping fingers crossed but I understand how you feel with this wait. Patience is running very thin. I'm not sure how much longer I can keep it together.

That's just ridiculous...February 28th, sheesh! I wonder why it's taking so long after an RFE. I thought once they get the info they continue processing. Was the lady at least able to say they received your info?

I have until February 18th and then I can call the congressman again if we don't have an answer by then. It feels like living in limbo now. It's all I can think about even though I constantly try to distract myself and think positive about the future. I know it will be a distant memory some day, but I'm not so sure this waiting time will feel like it was nothing.

I do keep thinking that you're going to get approved any time now, Audrey. It's going to sneak up and surprise you. Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn 8 ball!!!

Same for Babblesgirl. It's gonna be any time now! It's gooootttttaaaaa be!

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Defo - you too CBR!! Although small comfort though it is, at least you know that another call is in order in a few weeks - it's a small marker but something to focus on that isn't too far away *hugs*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.