Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I am trying so hard to stay calm...

I picture in my mind that this process is similar to the Loi Krathong when you build a lotus flower boat out of banana leafs and put your prayers in it then send it off down the river. So our applications are like Krathong... we've sent them off into the turbulent waters of the USCIS process at nearly the same time but each has taken a slightly different path. Some will be stuck in an eddy for a short time; some will find a quick smooth route but all will arrive at the end in their own time.

My congratulations to those of you who have made it past this first obstacle b/4 us and all my hopes and prayers go with you as you move forward.

Excellent way of looking at it, and yeah, sorta calming. :)

Oh and another thing - I asked it somewhere else as well but I was wondering if anyone knew whether we get back our original I-129f packets that we sent off all those months ago? We naively sent all original stuff because we knew no better and I would really like to have it all back - I am just concerned that I won't get it back... I mean what do they do with it all?!?!

Nope. :( You don't get the original packet back. You might try to see if they'll make a photocopy of something in your packet while you're at your interview, but no guarantees on that.

Edit: Oh...you do get it back? Coulda sworn I read the opposite. Pay no attention to the mox, he hasn't had his coffee...

Edited by mox

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha - well apparently it is what is in the contents of the MBE and we hand that to immigration on arrival in the US on the K-1...

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

LMAO - yeah - MBE subterfuge or something... I wonder if they would notice :whistle:

Oh - am still trying to freeze panes if anyone has any ideas... :(

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

YES!!!! I DID IT!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOO!!! *is spreadsheet genius*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
LMAO - yeah - MBE subterfuge or something... I wonder if they would notice :whistle:

Oh - am still trying to freeze panes if anyone has any ideas... :(

Hehe..."Honest Mr. Immigration Officer, they gave it to us covered in sticky tape and band-aids!"

My dog chewed the envelope and left nice fresh new photocopies inside :D

Ok - my next thing is there is a weird dark yellow border around the top of the AOS sheet and I can't see anything before column R... A-Q seem to have vanished... Ideas?!!?!?!?!??!

My dog chewed the envelope and ate all the originals... luckily I had already taken a copy of them before I sent the packet... :whistle:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

they're already on MY list :P

Approved today! :dancing:

...what a great feeling hah!!

a NEW new kind of feeling? :P

*runs away, ducking and weaving*

:P

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I can easily manage the first part :D

and *sotto voce* the last part too, but it'll cost ya ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Question for all. My fiancee recieved packets 3 and 4. The only affadavit of support included was the I-864. Does this mean we don't have to file a I-134?

June 20 2007 - I-129F mailed to USCIS

July 2nd 2007 - I-129F Recieved

NOV 8th 2007 I- 797 NOA 1

Dec 17th 2007 -NOA 2 received

Dec 28th 2007 -Called and was told the approval was sent to Naples on DEC-14th 2007

Dec 28th 2007 -Jan 22nd Waiting in Italy together for the package and Interview.

Jan 22nd 2008 - Leaving Italy for LA without Ale

Jan 22nd 2008 - Ale finally gets through and talks to a live person.

Same day he gets both packages, 3&4,

sent VIA email. Amazing! Thank God!

Jan 31st 2008 - Ale calls and receives the interview date!

Feb 15th 2008 - Interview! ALE GOT HIS VISA!!!! PERFECT VALENTINES GIFT!

Feb 26th 2008 - Ale comes to LA

March 2008 - Courthouse wedding in LA

August 2008 - Church wedding in Italy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.