Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

just had my phonecall to the boy. Now sitting watching MIB2 and drinking a glass of...yes ou guessed it...californian Zinfandel. To lighten the mood, here's a wee story...

3years ago if someone had told me I'd be stressing over an application for entry to the US I would have laughed so hard. I hated all things American from the over enthusiastic customer service to the we are so much better than everyone else we don't even need to know about the world beyond our shores (unless of course there is oil). I was a Scot proud and happy, albeit a Scot diluted with viking ancestry. When I met Nick online in Feb 2006 when he told me he was from Nebraska I asked if that was a town or a state, I didn't even know New York was a state, i just thought it was a city. I explained I come from a Scottish village...his first response was, do you see sheep?...I laughed, there are more sheep in this village than people. He said he comes from a small town, 49k people...I said I come from a small village, 2k people which shoked him a tad. I explained I went through primary school with only 28 people in my year and in high school I "graduated" with 150 others. He tried to explain how flat Nebraska was, I tried to explain I can drive 20mins east and climb a mountain and drive 20mins west and end up on the coast, up until April I can see snow tipped peaks out of my bedroom window, and we have been known to have snow in May!! He said he'd never seen the sea and at that moment having only known him less than an hour..I told him I'd show him the sea one day. I told him I'd never been outside europe but i'd seen 10 countries, he told me he'd show me america one day. We both kept those promises, I have shown him the sea, he has shown me his wee corner of America. Now I'm still a proud scot taking my saltire that has been signed by friends I've met in 11 countries (a few famous sigs on there too) everywhere but now I also fly the stars and stripes (ok its only 1ft across and my saltire is 4ft) and although I know I'll never agree with alot of things that America currently stands for, I have learnt that alot of americans don't agree either...................(sorry STP) it is a place I am certainly looking forward to calling home!

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

@ debz: that's so romantic!!!!!! :) *sigh*

isn't it amazing how much all of us grew up in the last year!!!!??? we became so much more mature and international and stuff.

crazy enough, we are already making vague plans about moving back to europe in 2 years....

Removal of Conditions - Timeline:

5/26/2010: I-751 Received

5/27/2010: NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
when clearing immigration at JFK you can ask for EAD stamp that will allow temp work permit. This is however only valid for the 90 days. At least this is how I understand things, please someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Yes that is how I understood it as well and that when we get married we do the AOS thing and they grand him a 2 year work permit or lift the 90 day restriction or something like that.

I think that sounds right. Thank you !!!

Christine

K-1 Fiance Visa

July 21, 2007 I29F sent to Vermont Service Center

July 24, 2007 packet received and signed for

August 2007 received NOA1 with receipt date of July 31, 2007

Dec 10, 2007 received email notification that NOA2 approval notice has been sent and petition approved!!!!!!!!!

Dec 14, 2007 received hard copy NOA2 approval in the mail

Dec 14, 2007 called NVC said our case had been received and already sent to the New Zealand consulate in Aukland!!!! Whoohoo!!!

Dec 24, 2007 Fiance received packet #3 from Auckland Consulate WOOOOHOOOOOO!!! Merry Christmas to us!!!

Dec 29, 2007 Fiance completed packet 3 and sent to Consulate.

January 2, 2008? (checking the date) Consualte received packet 3 back

January 3, 2008 Medical

January 7, 2008 Inoculations

January 8, 2008 Received letter with interview date from Consulate!!

Jan 31, 2008 Interview scheduled

Jan 21, 2008 Visa approved!!!!!!!!!!

I-751 (remove conditions to receive perm green card)

04/14/10 Application to remove conditions sent

04/30/10 NOA1 received

05/17/10 Early Bio walk in (went smoothly no problems)

05/27/10 Biometrics scheduled - did not need to attend b/c he went early

07/07/10 Application Approved Card Production ordered email!!!!WOOHOO

07/14/10 Official approval letter -snail mail

07/19/10 Green card received Happy dance!!!! No more USCIS till 2020!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
when clearing immigration at JFK you can ask for EAD stamp that will allow temp work permit. This is however only valid for the 90 days. At least this is how I understand things, please someone correct me if I'm wrong!

I think it is key to point this out, that you can ask for it, but I do not believe it is guaranteed that you will get it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong as well... but if you are counting on getting that EAD on arrival to the US, I would plan on having a back up plan, because I do not believe it is guaranteed that they will give it to you.

Debz, your other post was really nice to read. On the romantic side, of course, but also, thank you for realizing that not all Americans agree and are proud of what our image in the world is.

K1

------------------------------------

07.12.07 - I-129f petition mailed

07.13.07 - I-129f received by VSC

07.18.07 - NOA1 notice

07.20.07 - check cashed

07.22.07 - touch

11.29.07 - NOA2, waited 140 days

11.30.07 - touch

12.03.07 - NVC Received

12.05.07 - NVC Left

12.10.07 - Consulate Rec'd

12.13.07 - Packet 3 Rec'd

03.13.08 - Packet 3 sent back to Montreal

04.08.08 - eligible for interview

05.13.08 - Packet 4 Rec'd

06.02.08 - Interview!

06.09.08 - Visa in hand!

06.16.08 - move date, POE via Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY

06.20.08 - civil wedding

AOS

06.25.08 - AOS package sent

06.30.08 - received in Chicago

07.07.08 - NOA1 for 485 (AOS), 765 (EAD), & 131 (AP), rec'd in mail 07.14.08

07.09.08 - touch on all 3

07.10.08 - check cashed

07.28.08 - case transferred to CSC

08.02.08 - Biometrics

08.03.08 - touch on AOS

08.04.08 - touch on AOS & EAD

08.05.08 - touch on EAD

08.06.08, 08.07.08, 08.21.08, 08.22.08 - touch on AOS

09.03.08 - EAD approved!

09.04.08 - touch on EAD

09.05.08 - EAD card arrives in mail

09.06.08 - AP arrives in mail (no updates online or via email)

09.23.08 - touch on AOS

09.24.08 - welcome letter mailed

09.25.08 - touch on AOS

09.30.08 - AOS approved

10.01.08 - touch on AOS

10.04.08 - Green Card received

02.21.09 - "real" wedding in Montreal

Hmmm - don't know if we will bother going through JFK if it isn't a guarantee... I know Jeremy is worried I am goign to sit around going stir-crazy but I think I might be swapping US phone numbers with some of my fellow filers and getting a distance phone plan so we can natter on the phone all day about how weird everything is :lol:

I don't know if it is the hormones or what but I am getting increasingly nervous about moving - thing is I am trying to put a brave face on it because I don't want it to be misconstrued as cold feet or not wanting to move. I do want top move but I am reeling really anxious and my tummy is turning over every time I think about it. I think now that a lot of us are moving forward I am just feeling the pressure a bit more - it is becoming more real now.

Anyone else feeling like this? I know it is prolly normal but knowing other people feel the same and finding out how you are all coping with it would be really helpful!!! I can add a "Top Ten Tips for surviving a move to the US" to my website... get submitting ideas!! We could have one for practical things and one for emotional things :D I'll get Jeremy to add another page and put a link up later :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hmmm - don't know if we will bother going through JFK if it isn't a guarantee... I know Jeremy is worried I am goign to sit around going stir-crazy but I think I might be swapping US phone numbers with some of my fellow filers and getting a distance phone plan so we can natter on the phone all day about how weird everything is :lol:

I don't know if it is the hormones or what but I am getting increasingly nervous about moving - thing is I am trying to put a brave face on it because I don't want it to be misconstrued as cold feet or not wanting to move. I do want top move but I am reeling really anxious and my tummy is turning over every time I think about it. I think now that a lot of us are moving forward I am just feeling the pressure a bit more - it is becoming more real now.

Anyone else feeling like this? I know it is prolly normal but knowing other people feel the same and finding out how you are all coping with it would be really helpful!!! I can add a "Top Ten Tips for surviving a move to the US" to my website... get submitting ideas!! We could have one for practical things and one for emotional things :D I'll get Jeremy to add another page and put a link up later :D

Strangely enough I've found that as the time gets nearer to moving the anxiety actually lessens. A few weeks ago I would barely allow myself to think about the move, I kept putting it to the back of my mind. Every time I thought about saying goodbye to my family I almost burst into tears. But now that I'm just a few days away from going all those feelings seem to have gone and now I'm just really excited. :)

I think the thought of moving is much worse than actually doing it, if you know what I mean!

Gillian

I can totally understand that - kinda like when you have to part company - the thought of it and the build up is worse than actually being apart. I think that is just it at the moment - I am worried about getting into the US next month - the wedding is creeping closer and I am nervous about that and when I get back I don't know where we will be living over there or anything... I think once we get a few of the basics covered it will be easier... I just don't want to feel this crappy for the next few months!! What happened to my taking thigns one day at a time?! I was doing so well and I just feel like I have back-tracked to how I used to be!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

about JFK: i aready made the experience that sitting at home, with a very tight budget, waiting for E. to come home from work, DOES NOT MAKE ME HAPPY. working makes me happy. i will take the hassel and the risk that they don't give the stamp. But as far as I know, they are pretty consistent in granting it. the swapping phone numbers sounds great though!

anybody who isn't nervous about moving must be a miracle!!! Com'on, for most people it is a big step to move into a new city, but within the same country. or to get married. or to quit a job. well, we are doing ALL OF THAT WITHIN 3 MONTHS!!! i would be worried if i wasn't nervous!

and being nervous and anxious DOES NOT MEAN that we have cold feet, honey! it means that we are human beings and that our lives will be upside-down for quite a while.

YES, i want to move

YES, i want to marry him

YES, I WANT.

YES, I AM NERVOUS.

YES, I AM HUMAN! :thumbs:

Removal of Conditions - Timeline:

5/26/2010: I-751 Received

5/27/2010: NOA

Lol - I know - sometimes it is nice to hear it though - you know how you feel and you *assume* everyone else is the same but unless I see people on here positively FREAKING I feel like maybe I am overreacting :lol:

Have added a thread in the "Moving Here..." forum about settling in - will add new thread for us July bunch when Gillian moves over :D She said she is going to have the net for a couple days when she first gets there but then will be laying low a bit as she gets her new house and things sorted :D w00t!! :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

:dance: Hey you guys! We filed at the end of June and it was received on July second (Can we be down?). We are waiting to get our packet from Naples. Currently I am sitting in my fiance's living room outside of Venice Italy going bananas because it seems we should have gotten something by now and from what I've read on these forums the folks at the Naples embassy are on a slow roll, Yikes! Any advice as to how we can at least get info from them about if they've received the Approval from NVC (which was mailed to them on DEC 14th) without calling their 1.50 Euro a minute hotline? I know how long I have had to wait in cue in the states and the thought of racking up a bill in Euros is...well...bananas.

Kind regards,

Sonia

June 20 2007 - I-129F mailed to USCIS

July 2nd 2007 - I-129F Recieved

NOV 8th 2007 I- 797 NOA 1

Dec 17th 2007 -NOA 2 received

Dec 28th 2007 -Called and was told the approval was sent to Naples on DEC-14th 2007

Dec 28th 2007 -Jan 22nd Waiting in Italy together for the package and Interview.

Jan 22nd 2008 - Leaving Italy for LA without Ale

Jan 22nd 2008 - Ale finally gets through and talks to a live person.

Same day he gets both packages, 3&4,

sent VIA email. Amazing! Thank God!

Jan 31st 2008 - Ale calls and receives the interview date!

Feb 15th 2008 - Interview! ALE GOT HIS VISA!!!! PERFECT VALENTINES GIFT!

Feb 26th 2008 - Ale comes to LA

March 2008 - Courthouse wedding in LA

August 2008 - Church wedding in Italy

Am I right in thinking you are going to be in SoCal? AND you have a FFVIII avvie?!?! What part of SoCal will you be in? Really properly LA? What part? I'm going to be about 90 mins away from LA but it's nice to know I won't be alone there!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
:dance: Hey you guys! We filed at the end of June and it was received on July second (Can we be down?). We are waiting to get our packet from Naples. Currently I am sitting in my fiance's living room outside of Venice Italy going bananas because it seems we should have gotten something by now and from what I've read on these forums the folks at the Naples embassy are on a slow roll, Yikes! Any advice as to how we can at least get info from them about if they've received the Approval from NVC (which was mailed to them on DEC 14th) without calling their 1.50 Euro a minute hotline? I know how long I have had to wait in cue in the states and the thought of racking up a bill in Euros is...well...bananas.

Kind regards,

Sonia

Yes, I believe you can call the Department of State 202-663-1225 x1 x0. I used Skype to call fom the UK.

07/16/07 posted I-129f

07/20/07 confirmed delivered by US Postal Service

8/23/07 No NOA1 !!!!

8/23/07 phoned USCIS (told they can't help until after 90 days)

8/23/07 contacted bank to get copy of Cx check...illegable...noc WAC#

tried for weeks to get actual check....not possible, had to wait the 90 days for info from USCIS

10/17/07 Phoned USCIS, got thru (!), got WAC number and NOA1 date!!!!

07/26/07 NOA1 (never recieved hard copy, was promised a copy would be sent)

11/01/07 Ordered copy of "long form" UK B.C.

11/05/07 Recieved B.C. (Wish USCIS was that fast!)

11/09/07 Submitted request for UK police records

12/04/07 APPROVED By USCIS NOA2 letter sent (or so they claim)

12/15/07 Police certificate recieved

12/28/07 Called NVC, not in system

01/04/08 petition forwarded to London

01/12/08 packet 3 received *rubs eye in disbelief* Speed and efficiency, can it be?

01/18/08 HARD COPY OF NOA2 ARRIVED...seems the snail made a wrong turn somewhere.

01/28/08 Returned packet 3 to London Embassy

02/12/08 Medical completed...no problem.

02/13/08 Packet 4 received from London Embassy

03/03/08 Embassy Interview

03/06/08 Visa Arrived....Lovely to finally see it even if it is a bit drab...after 8 month you think they'd have sprung for some gold foil or at least a COLOR photo?

TODAY...he's here! He's in the US! Hurrah!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
hi all!

@ christine: inlaws suck. period.

@ debz: it will be fine!!! you will pass the interview with glory!!!

@ all: i already shipped a good deal of my stuff with UPS. DHL ships 20kg for 62€ to the US. not bad. i will probably pack one more box with books and that's it!

i will have my medical in frankfurt on friday :) yai - yai!

abt JFK: here's the deal: i called several airlines, and it is crazy expensive to redirect a regular flight (for example with british airways, lufthansa or delta or united) via JFK. here are the numbers:

STR-TUS: € 700

STR-JFK-TUS: € 2000

STR-JFK: € 500 + JFK-TUS: 250€ = € 750

The sales-lady from lufthansa told me that the easiest way would be to buy 2 seperate tickets.

1) Germany --> JFK

2) JFK --> Arizona

That means that I will have to recheck-in my bags and stuff, and that i will have to pay overluggage for the second flight, as it will be a national flight with only ONE bag allowed, but even that will be €1000 cheaper!!!!

CRAZYNESS!!!! now i understand why so many people don't fly via JFK.

But for me, it seems worth it. even if one gets married right away, it will take 3 months to get the stupid EAD papers. with the stamp in the passport and a justice-of-the-peace-wedding the day after arrival, one should be able to work right away. we just really can't afford to live on one sallary for 3 months, plus the cost for moving and the AOS. plus: i want to be able to be active, to earn my own money, and to meet people!

hope things work out the way we plan....

That is quite an increase! I also hate not being able to work so I understand the impetus, but in my mind...if the permit is only good for 90 day and the additional costs are X...how may of those 90 days will it take to earn that additional cost back? How many of those 90 days to settle in? How many of the 90 days will it take to find the job you want? Say a week (or two)? Then there are your wedding/honeymoon plans. Really you might only be looking at 6 weeks of lost income (perhaps less) if you do not go thru JFK to get the work permit.

Just my thoughs....

07/16/07 posted I-129f

07/20/07 confirmed delivered by US Postal Service

8/23/07 No NOA1 !!!!

8/23/07 phoned USCIS (told they can't help until after 90 days)

8/23/07 contacted bank to get copy of Cx check...illegable...noc WAC#

tried for weeks to get actual check....not possible, had to wait the 90 days for info from USCIS

10/17/07 Phoned USCIS, got thru (!), got WAC number and NOA1 date!!!!

07/26/07 NOA1 (never recieved hard copy, was promised a copy would be sent)

11/01/07 Ordered copy of "long form" UK B.C.

11/05/07 Recieved B.C. (Wish USCIS was that fast!)

11/09/07 Submitted request for UK police records

12/04/07 APPROVED By USCIS NOA2 letter sent (or so they claim)

12/15/07 Police certificate recieved

12/28/07 Called NVC, not in system

01/04/08 petition forwarded to London

01/12/08 packet 3 received *rubs eye in disbelief* Speed and efficiency, can it be?

01/18/08 HARD COPY OF NOA2 ARRIVED...seems the snail made a wrong turn somewhere.

01/28/08 Returned packet 3 to London Embassy

02/12/08 Medical completed...no problem.

02/13/08 Packet 4 received from London Embassy

03/03/08 Embassy Interview

03/06/08 Visa Arrived....Lovely to finally see it even if it is a bit drab...after 8 month you think they'd have sprung for some gold foil or at least a COLOR photo?

TODAY...he's here! He's in the US! Hurrah!

We're still looking at all the options but that is well thoguht out - have just copied and pasted as dutiful gf to my OH so I can see what he makes of it ;) I'm more concerned for my poor cat as well - I don't want her cramped up any more than she has to be :unsure:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
We're still looking at all the options but that is well thoguht out - have just copied and pasted as dutiful gf to my OH so I can see what he makes of it ;) I'm more concerned for my poor cat as well - I don't want her cramped up any more than she has to be :unsure:

Speaking of poor cats, Aly, my poor Jasper became suddenly ill. I took him to get checked out Thursday and again Saturday and there was nothing that could be done for him. Needed some massive surgery and chance of susrvival was only 20%. So, I had to have him put to sleep. :( I am absolutely gutted. Even though I'd only had him just 2 weeks I loved that little guy so much. I'm really depressed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.