Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

I check every day just in case - am a bit worried about the photos we sent as we sent UK standard passport photos...

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I check every day just in case - am a bit worried about the photos we sent as we sent UK standard passport photos...

People have received RFEs for this. As a preemptive task, I'd have them retaken to the US standard and have them ready with your fiance just in case you do get an RFE. I'd rather spend a few extra £ needlessly, than have to scramble to get it done if an RFE is issued. Hopefully, it won't happen, but better to be safe than sorry!

I was going to do that when he came out - apparently it can depend on who is looking at your case - some have been accepted while others haven't. I was going to get him to take pics of me when he comes out on Friday and then have him take them home with him so he can send them back immediately should we get an RFE... I just hope if we get it it doesn't turn up while he is out here!!

OH! And while I remember I will plug a potential chatting session in the chatroom on my website THURSDAY 9TH AUGUST 6PM GMT :D

Jeremy will be on his way over then and I am going to need some people to keep me sane ;) Will also be nice to "talk" instead of just foruming!

Edited by Jeraly

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Timeline

Unfortunately, some adjudicators are THAT picky, so its a good idea that you're going to have a proper US sized back up, just in case!

I envy your upcoming visit! Griff's only been gone 2 weeks and already I am sick to death of just seeing him over the webcam online. We have 60 days until our long weekend in Canada. At least I have that to look forward to, since this petition/visa takes way too long!

Sorry I won't be able to live chat on Thursday, as I'll be at work and that kind of thing is frowned upon here! Stictly speaking, I shouldn't even be posting on this forum whilst here! :whistle: Can't imagine why! :jest:

How long is he staying? Have a wonderful time together!

Edited by julezabelle

He's here for 11 days :) I haven't seen him for just over four months so it is kinda weird as it hasn't really hit me that he is going to be here so soon!!

I get ansy just thinking of him being here because it is yet another change and even though he will be here I know he has to leave again. It is soo frustrating!! I just want everything to settle down now because I don't cope well with even small changes so this whole process is turning me into some kind of psycho! I'm looking forward to settling down and having things just be for a while :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

We just sent standard UK pictures with the petition and I'm kinda worried too. I have been told that it's not TOO likely to result in anything for initial petition it's when it gets to interview stage that they get really picky about the photos. Thankfully there is somewhere here in Glasgow that will do them, I just need to find it!!!!

I'm holding myself back and I only check every 2 or 3 days but I'm still here everyday.

I should be able to make it to the chat session for a while at somepoint in the evening.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Cool cool! Will be nice to chat!!

I don't know anywhere in Bristol that would do those photos - how did you find out? I was planning on getting Jeremy take a pic of me until we get one that looks good then print it out high quality on my laser printer on some photographic paper... it seems a bit silly to request US standard passport photos when UK standard are so different! It was a nightmare anyway as I originally sent the 3/4 photos!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has sent them though - I just hope we don't get an RFE as we need to have our case moved forward as swiftly as possible to get the visa in time for the wedding... nightmare!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
d@mn...im just trying to figure out when I'll get mine. it was received on July 24th NSC. i'm dying to get that WAC number:)

i cant check the back of the check...paid by money order:( I'm an idiot :help::bonk:

anyone have any ideas when? has there been anything going on that is delaying NOA1s being sent out?

Don't worry. I paid by check and my check was cashed on Friday, but apparently they ran it through electronically, because the image isn't showing up online. Just a notice that says "checks run through electronically won't have images available." Grrr....

He's here for 11 days :) I haven't seen him for just over four months so it is kinda weird as it hasn't really hit me that he is going to be here so soon!!

I get ansy just thinking of him being here because it is yet another change and even though he will be here I know he has to leave again. It is soo frustrating!! I just want everything to settle down now because I don't cope well with even small changes so this whole process is turning me into some kind of psycho! I'm looking forward to settling down and having things just be for a while :)

ITA. P will be here Wednesday and he's staying 6 weeks. That's wonderful and amazing that we can have so much time, but except for the first 2 weeks, I'll be working 5 days a week and in the evenings too (I'm a teacher, so I have grading/lesson plans to make). I sometimes freak out about the having to say goodbye again part. If our finances don't work out, then I can't visit him at Christmas and we will have to go until JUNE without a visit. Gah.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Won't you just be happy when you can be together without all this hassle? That when you go in and out of the respective countries you won't have so much hassle or be made to feel guilty?! I can't wait until we reach something that vaguely resembles normality... I just worry about *everything*

I am currently researching how the hell I can get my cat to the States in a cheap/stress-free/timely manner... I know she is going to hate me a while anyway but I refuse to leave her behind...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline
Cool cool! Will be nice to chat!!

I don't know anywhere in Bristol that would do those photos - how did you find out? I was planning on getting Jeremy take a pic of me until we get one that looks good then print it out high quality on my laser printer on some photographic paper... it seems a bit silly to request US standard passport photos when UK standard are so different! It was a nightmare anyway as I originally sent the 3/4 photos!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has sent them though - I just hope we don't get an RFE as we need to have our case moved forward as swiftly as possible to get the visa in time for the wedding... nightmare!

I hope you guys don't get RFEs either!

I found the following info for you on the US Embassy in London's website:

Where can I get acceptable photos taken?

Provided the photographs meet the specified requirements for U.S. passports, any photographer may take them. We do maintain a list of photographers in England [PDF] and a list of photographers in Northern Ireland [PDF] who are familiar with our requirements and have produced acceptable photos in the past, but cannot recommend any specific photographer, or assume any responsibility for their efficiency, integrity, or reliability. You may wish to take our photo instruction sheet [PDF] with you to the studio to ensure that your photographer is adhering to our requirements.

Source: http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/faqs/...tml#passport029

I know my fiance just called a local photographer and told him what he needed and the guy did it. Also, bear in mind since they typically print two photos and you only need one for the G325A, you could keep the extra to submit at the time of the interview, since you will need on then too.

Timeline
Won't you just be happy when you can be together without all this hassle? That when you go in and out of the respective countries you won't have so much hassle or be made to feel guilty?! I can't wait until we reach something that vaguely resembles normality... I just worry about *everything*

I am currently researching how the hell I can get my cat to the States in a cheap/stress-free/timely manner... I know she is going to hate me a while anyway but I refuse to leave her behind...

Both Mags and Homesick_American have posted details on bringing over cats from the UK. Both took different approaches and were very happy with the ooutcomes. Do some searches on this site as I can't remember their full details.

Thanks! I just PM-ed them both because I couldn't find the posts but Mags got back to me with a copy of her post and it was really helpful :) Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Jeraly...you sound like me. I'm the kind of person that worries when I've got nothing to worry about because I worrythat I've missed something I should be worrying about. This process is driving me mad. I've developed a black cloud over my head that follows me everywhere....will almost miss him once this is all over!!!!

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

I know! I feel like there is always something. I am waiting to hear back on our reception, we need to plan our honeymoon once we find out the budget for our wedding so far, we need to hear back about the flowers and music. Jeremy has to contact the hotel we are staying at to see if they can cater for our party in their bar, we have to send out the invitations, we have to do this whole visa thing, I have to try and arrange my cat coming over as well, we have to find somewhere to live but not so soon that we can't afford the wedding, we have to book my flights but can't until we know whether I need a return or a one-way...

There is just so much to think about and much of it can't be resolved just yet - it is so frustrating having so many loose ends but it will be so gratifying to tie them up!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

I know! I feel like there is always something. I am waiting to hear back on our reception, we need to plan our honeymoon once we find out the budget for our wedding so far, we need to hear back about the flowers and music. Jeremy has to contact the hotel we are staying at to see if they can cater for our party in their bar, we have to send out the invitations, we have to do this whole visa thing, I have to try and arrange my cat coming over as well, we have to find somewhere to live but not so soon that we can't afford the wedding, we have to book my flights but can't until we know whether I need a return or a one-way...

There is just so much to think about and much of it can't be resolved just yet - it is so frustrating having so many loose ends but it will be so gratifying to tie them up!!

I know the feeling of having tonis of things going on at once. Phillip and I are in the process of selling his house in the UK and buying a house here. We have one picked out and have our earnest money down and am just waiting. We went back and forth with counteroffers and our final offer was approved. I couldn't imagine planning a wedding! We're all crazy aren't we? :wacko: Well - I am anyway. Crazy in love! :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.