Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Yay and Gratz to everyone who recently received NOA2's!! I'm getting so emotional reading this. Sooo happy for everyone getting there and soooo distressed mine is not. I have happy tears in my eyes for all of you and can't imagine how emotional I'm gonna get when mine finally comes.

U're not alone...It can be any day now!

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, I am really freaking out right now! I called USCIS using the famed "RFE trick" mentioned on this site and the recording told me they are waiting for Additional Evidence they requested of me. I have not received any request for evidence! Then I got a very nice lady on the phone (No I'm serious, she really was super nice) who looked my case up and gave me my fiance's alien# then put me on hold to see what shelf our case is on. She came back and said it's in extended review and that can take up to 6 months!! What??? WHy??? How??? When???

She said she has no idea why it is there but she thinks it's been there a long time and thinks it's moving along pretty fast and I should check back next month. I can't believe this. Does anybody know what this typically means? I know nobody can look into a crystal ball, but has anybody ever experienced this? Or heard what the reason for it is?

We thought our case was so simple. The only thing I can think of is that I was divorced but I supplied the divorce decree. Other than that I can't imagine what it would be.

On an up note, she did say they are working on July right now and are going really fast and about done with July if that makes anybody feel better.

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

CBR, you are getting me paranoid! I'm going to wait till tomorrow to try it. If it helps I've read that it is a canned response to mean that it can take UP to six months.

As for the RFE trick, yes it does tell you that when you go through the menu options, it doesn't actually mean they are sending you an RFE. What I don't get is why they aren't sending you an RFE if it is in extended review?

Visa took too long, grew apart and withdrew visa after six months.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm just sick about this and hope I'm overreacting. Now.. extended review, is that the same as administrative review? Or are they different? Because I don't like what I've read about administrative review and can't think of a flippin reason ours would be in that situation.

DKM try NOW! Maybe you'll get the nice lady. She seemed to actually look and gave me the alien # which I didn't have previously. Not sure what that does for me, but she repeated it several times (it has letters & numbers that sound alike). It would be interesting to see if she gives you a different response. At least she actually looked for the shelf it's on.

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Ohh I'm so sorry to hear that - Is there any way you can try to find out more info? It might explain why you have been waiting for a while but then there are others who have as well... it doesn't fill me with hope and joy :(

I am sure everything will work out in the end though and hopefully it won't take too long. I know they might say they are working on July but we know there are at least June filers still waiting so you're not bottom of the pile yet :)

*hugs*

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Ok, I am really freaking out right now! I called USCIS using the famed "RFE trick" mentioned on this site and the recording told me they are waiting for Additional Evidence they requested of me. I have not received any request for evidence! Then I got a very nice lady on the phone (No I'm serious, she really was super nice) who looked my case up and gave me my fiance's alien# then put me on hold to see what shelf our case is on. She came back and said it's in extended review and that can take up to 6 months!! What??? WHy??? How??? When???

She said she has no idea why it is there but she thinks it's been there a long time and thinks it's moving along pretty fast and I should check back next month. I can't believe this. Does anybody know what this typically means? I know nobody can look into a crystal ball, but has anybody ever experienced this? Or heard what the reason for it is?

We thought our case was so simple. The only thing I can think of is that I was divorced but I supplied the divorce decree. Other than that I can't imagine what it would be.

On an up note, she did say they are working on July right now and are going really fast and about done with July if that makes anybody feel better.

That's ridiculous...they don't even have the courtesy to inform u that it's in extended review. There was another couple who were in extended review, however they haven't posted since august. U can try pm'ing them..Alan01

Try calling again and speak to a supervisor or someone who knows what the heck is going on w/ur file.

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Timeline

Its not the same as Admin Review. That happens when the NVC puts it on hold, not before the NOA2 (correct me if i'm wrong). There is a chance its not anything more than a couple weeks delay, I remember someone on here was on it for like 2 weeks (it was VSC).

I'm holding off my call because I actually need to update the beneficiary's new address but I forgot it at home. I'll get it and call for the address update tomorrow and also ask about the case.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Receipt Number: EAC**********

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On December 13, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

...We were approved today! I know all the rest of you will be right behind us! Good luck to you all, and I wish you the best of luck on all your journeys!

7/27/07-I-129F sent out to VSC via overnight mail

07/27/07-VSC receives our I-129F- signed for by A. SCOT

8/10/07-check cashed

12/17/2007-NVC receives our case

12/19/07-petition leaves NVC

12/28/07-petition is received by Embassy

01/07/08-he receives Packet 3!

01/11/08-sends in Packet 3 w/out checklist...waiting on police cert :-(

01/15/08- Medical Appointment

01/17/08- receive police certificate

01/18/08-send in checklist!

01/30/08- he receives Packet 4!

02/20/08- 10am INTERVIEW DATE!- APPROVED!!!

03/06/2008- he leaves England to be with me

04/19/08-OurWedding!

FILE FOR AOS, EAD & AP:

05/29/08- Sent via USPS to Chicago

06/02/08-pkg signed for by J Mac

06/06/2008-NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP

06/10/2008- received NOA1 information in the mail

6/25/2008- Biometrics Appointment goes well:)

6/26/2008- Finally able to check the status of our cases online!

7/08/2008-AOS touch

7/08/2008-e-mail with notice that AOS has been transferred to CSC

7/11/2008-AOS touch

7/11/2008-e-mail with notice that CSC has received AOS application

7/14/2008-AOS touch

7/15/2008-AOS touch

8/07/2008-Notice EAD card production ordered!

8/07/2008-EAD Approval notice sent!

8/07/2008-AP Approval notice sent!

8/16/2008-Received EAD card in the mail!

8/18/2008-Received AP papers in the mail!

8/22/2008-AOS touch

...patiently waiting for AOS...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congratulations are in order to everyone on this thread who has gotten notification of approval and I hope the remaining ones will be here shortly. I had called USCIS to change my address in October, and I wasn't sure if I will get the NOA2 by mail, to the new address. Ans so I called USCIS today to verify my change of address, but the agent Helen wasn't very helpful about the address verification...she said that she does not have that info.

Anyway this evening, the hard copy was in my mail box, It was beyond belief! It actually worked, I was indeed surprised to see that the address change actually went thru. :dance: :dance: :dance:

A brief question, Under the Notice Type: it says that the Approval Notice is valid from 12/6/2007 to 4/6/2008. Not quite sure what this means, as it is not a visa? Does this mean that my fiancee will need to submit all her documentation to the Embassy before that date? Any help in making me understand this is greatly appreciated. :help:

Thanks,

Cliff

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Anyone know if it is ok to black out bank account account number. I don't like the idea of my account number being in strangers hands at various offices. Is it ok to black out? Also, I am above the 125% poverty level, my income is about 44K per year. Will the letter from employer a letter from bank and tax returns be enough or do I have to show bank statements. I really don't like the idea of showing my bank statements.

This is for the things I need to send to my fiance. My hard copy NOA2 has not come yet, though they say the approval notice was sent Dec 10th, so should be here any day.

Christine

K-1 Fiance Visa

July 21, 2007 I29F sent to Vermont Service Center

July 24, 2007 packet received and signed for

August 2007 received NOA1 with receipt date of July 31, 2007

Dec 10, 2007 received email notification that NOA2 approval notice has been sent and petition approved!!!!!!!!!

Dec 14, 2007 received hard copy NOA2 approval in the mail

Dec 14, 2007 called NVC said our case had been received and already sent to the New Zealand consulate in Aukland!!!! Whoohoo!!!

Dec 24, 2007 Fiance received packet #3 from Auckland Consulate WOOOOHOOOOOO!!! Merry Christmas to us!!!

Dec 29, 2007 Fiance completed packet 3 and sent to Consulate.

January 2, 2008? (checking the date) Consualte received packet 3 back

January 3, 2008 Medical

January 7, 2008 Inoculations

January 8, 2008 Received letter with interview date from Consulate!!

Jan 31, 2008 Interview scheduled

Jan 21, 2008 Visa approved!!!!!!!!!!

I-751 (remove conditions to receive perm green card)

04/14/10 Application to remove conditions sent

04/30/10 NOA1 received

05/17/10 Early Bio walk in (went smoothly no problems)

05/27/10 Biometrics scheduled - did not need to attend b/c he went early

07/07/10 Application Approved Card Production ordered email!!!!WOOHOO

07/14/10 Official approval letter -snail mail

07/19/10 Green card received Happy dance!!!! No more USCIS till 2020!

Timeline

Christine,

Ask your bank for the letter for supporting a visa application. As soon as I uttered the words "visa" and "form I-134" my banker told me no problem they will order one for me. Its pretty standard. If you are relying on income and not assets, the bank statement is plenty, no need to include actual statements.

However, this letter does have your account number on it. I don't know why you don't want people to see your account number, its on every check you write and I guarantee you those checks go to more unsecure locations than the USCIS. A bank account number is nothing you need to worry about, banks don't rely on keeping those secret for their account holder's security. I worked in the industry, believe me there is nothing sacred about someone's account number.

Edited by DKM

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Christine,

Ask your bank for the letter for supporting a visa application. As soon as I uttered the words "visa" and "form I-134" my banker told me no problem they will order one for me. Its pretty standard. If you are relying on income and not assets, the bank statement is plenty, no need to include actual statements.

However, this letter does have your account number on it. I don't know why you don't want people to see your account number, its on every check you write and I guarantee you those checks go to more unsecure locations than the USCIS. A bank account number is nothing you need to worry about, banks don't rely on keeping those secret for their account holder's security. I worked in the industry, believe me there is nothing sacred about someone's account number.

They wrote me the letter at the bank today, that was easy, and they notarized my I-134, as for account # this is a savings account, not checking. I keep very little money in my checking so I never worry about it. But like you said, I don't really need the statements, will have letter from employer and the letter from the bank and I am gonna find my tax returns in this house somewhere!

Thanks again!

Christine

K-1 Fiance Visa

July 21, 2007 I29F sent to Vermont Service Center

July 24, 2007 packet received and signed for

August 2007 received NOA1 with receipt date of July 31, 2007

Dec 10, 2007 received email notification that NOA2 approval notice has been sent and petition approved!!!!!!!!!

Dec 14, 2007 received hard copy NOA2 approval in the mail

Dec 14, 2007 called NVC said our case had been received and already sent to the New Zealand consulate in Aukland!!!! Whoohoo!!!

Dec 24, 2007 Fiance received packet #3 from Auckland Consulate WOOOOHOOOOOO!!! Merry Christmas to us!!!

Dec 29, 2007 Fiance completed packet 3 and sent to Consulate.

January 2, 2008? (checking the date) Consualte received packet 3 back

January 3, 2008 Medical

January 7, 2008 Inoculations

January 8, 2008 Received letter with interview date from Consulate!!

Jan 31, 2008 Interview scheduled

Jan 21, 2008 Visa approved!!!!!!!!!!

I-751 (remove conditions to receive perm green card)

04/14/10 Application to remove conditions sent

04/30/10 NOA1 received

05/17/10 Early Bio walk in (went smoothly no problems)

05/27/10 Biometrics scheduled - did not need to attend b/c he went early

07/07/10 Application Approved Card Production ordered email!!!!WOOHOO

07/14/10 Official approval letter -snail mail

07/19/10 Green card received Happy dance!!!! No more USCIS till 2020!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats to all who got approvals today.

Guess what!!!! Charry and I got ours too!!!!!

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: EACXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On December 13, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283. 

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

WAHOOO!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.