Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

ok. i just called the DOS. they told me that they needed the NVC-case number to be able to answer questions. WELL: IF I HAD MY STINKING NVC CASE NUMBER, I WOULD NOT CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions - Timeline:

5/26/2010: I-751 Received

5/27/2010: NOA

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

well that was a lie. They gave me my NVC number when I gave them my WAC number.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Lol - yeah - maybe try giving them that! I'm a bit naive about anything post NOA2 - I learn by doing :lol:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline

they told me that they had no way of looking up the status with a WAC number. i asked her what to do then and she said: well, just wait a few weeks.

I WAS ABOUT TO JUMP THROUGH THE PHONE

Hehe!! Maybe try calling back - maybe you'll get a different operator? One who is more helpful? The DOS are supposed to be human...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

they told me that they had no way of looking up the status with a WAC number. i asked her what to do then and she said: well, just wait a few weeks.

haha...call them back "liar liar pants on fire!!!"

They may not be able to tell you anything if it's not in NVC system yet. But they were the ones who told me my NVC number.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Timeline

They may not be able to tell you anything if it's not in NVC system yet. But they were the ones who told me my NVC number.

....in the waiting line at the NVC now.

man, grey's anatomy starts in a few minutes on TV!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
yes same currency but still some places in England wont accept Bank of Scotland Scottish notes. It's a nightmare. I've had several fights with people in England not taking my money and trying to point out "LOOK IT'S POUND STIRLING.....IT'S THE SAME VALUE JUST DIFFERENT PICTURES!"

OMG, I have the best Scottish currency story. Alright, maybe not the best. But it's pretty good. Back when I lived in Scotland, BoS used to issue 1 pound notes, whereas BoE only issues 1 pound coins. So the first time I tried to spend my 1 pound notes down in jolly old England, they just looked at me like I was trying to pass off a dirty diaper or something. So the next time I had to take a trip to London, I went to the bank and got a hundred pounds in 1 pound notes and created chaos wherever I went. Most of the time I could convince them to take them, but very often they'd have to call a supervisor who would grudgingly accept them. At least a couple shops refused to take them at all, and one shopkeeper called the police on me, and wound up looking pretty stupid.

Ah, good times.

I'm told BoS doesn't issue 1 pound notes anymore. Is that true? I really hated having a pocket with more than a couple 1 pound coins.

Timeline

....in the waiting line at the NVC now.

man, grey's anatomy starts in a few minutes on TV!!!!!!!

ok, just got through to a very nice lady. they don't have it yet. when i told her that i could walk faster from CSC to NVC than they need to ship it, she couldn't stop laughing.

back in the waiting room.

some tea, jeraly?

Lol - sounds good!! Camomile if you have it!!

At least you know though and at least you made her laugh - she could prolly use the humour - I am sure she gets shouted at loads by upset/impatient/annoyed people :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

tucson chick, I can't take your snarky posts quite seriously when read in conjunction with your happy-go-lucky avatar :lol:

that IS a good story, mox :lol:

i don't mind the pound coins though... I like them

dollar bills, on the other hand... egad, why do they all have to look the same?! I'm sure I got short-changed more than once and never even noticed :angry:

Edited by StillThePrettiest

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Lol - yeah - I think it is something we will all get used to eventually..

I think I will miss the feeling of being poor after a night out but realising actually I have tons of cash - it's just all in coins because I got so drunk I couldn't figure out the right money and just handed the notes over!! :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Timeline

True, US currency is definitely lacking in flavor. The new 20's and 10's are a little better, they've got a little orange on them or something. I like the Euro and British notes, very colorful.

I wouldn't mind the 1 pound coins so much if they didn't literally feel like a freaking pound. They've got a nice weight to them in your hand, but once you start collecting a bunch of them in your pocket you have a tendency to start walking in circles.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

here's a thought: spend them :P

I love the Czech money... gorgeous :)

though yes: Euros are pretty damn cool as well :)

though a bit PC... all 'bridges and doorways' :rolleyes:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.