Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I don't know they woman was very vague. Just said that the file was in administrative process and that no timescale could be given. I asked her what for and she said security checks and clearances. I asked if she could give me any guideline of timescale at all and she said well if all goes through smoothly with no glitches could be through in a week or 2 but if there are any glitches could take months.

Think I'm just going to call every couple of days.

Sorry to hear this. I wonder if they select petitions on a random basis to review.

You might want to call DOS and see what they have to say. 202-663-1225 x1, x0. They have access to the information at NVC.

BILL Y BELLA..............................I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

called DOS......they said the woman didn't know what she was saying...it's getting transferred to london today.....the guy "james" told me the only administrative process it went through was looking at passport images and then passed to mailroom. I'm breathing better and the tears of sadness now tears of joy.

:)

Just keep up with the follow up until your file gets to its destination. I 'm still waiting for NOA2, I just feel like the only july filer with no NOA2 as of yet with as many approvals I have seen on this site. :crying:

...... I 'm still waiting for NOA2, I just feel like the only july filer with no NOA2

Don't feel alone. You have 185 other VJ K1 July filers who are waiting with you.

Thanks I feel better. :innocent:

I was just to by the REP at CSC that I have RFE, he wont tell me what it is that they need but he said I would get it in the mail. :crying: I will get it for them and send it back ASAP once I get it in the mail. Tired of waiting. And bad weather here might cause the mail to get here like a snail. Will keep everyone informed.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

kunle, sorry to hear about RFE. I'm sure it will be simple to resolve.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks Debz, you have been very helpful on this site. Can anyone guesstimate how long it might take after they receive my reponse to the RFE to approve my petition?

OK.. Now who is going to tell me I'm nutters? :wacko:

Don't worry. We are all nutters. :lol:

Agreed!!!

Anybody else out there file mid July and NOT get their NOA2 yet? I'm feeling so skipped over!!

if you count 'mid-July' as around the 10th to the 20th (let's count both those dates as there are 31 days in July), latest counts show:

113 NOA1s in that period, from all service centres

and

76 NOA2s for those filers, as of today

so what's that... around two-thirds done? I think they're working on that period right now, and it will be mostly cleared this week, or next :)

hope that's helpful, and not just annoying... ;)

Makes me feel like I am small and insignificant and will be waiting longer than the week I am hoping :(

Just keep up with the follow up until your file gets to its destination. I 'm still waiting for NOA2, I just feel like the only july filer with no NOA2

Oh believe me - you so aren't ;) I do feel like I am left behind eating the dust of my friends zooming towards their visas though :(

Thanks Debz, you have been very helpful on this site. Can anyone guesstimate how long it might take after they receive my reponse to the RFE to approve my petition?

Oh bad luck about the RFE - I am sure it is something simple :) As far as I am aware if you return the evidence then they should approve you shortly after providing the evidence is good enough :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

oh, I'm sorry :(

I thought that stat was pretty hopeful - showed that July filers withOUT NOA2s aren't a tiny minority, but that the month is rapidly being finalised... I really do think July will be finished very shortly :yes:

and believe me, it doesn't feel like zooming; more like an inch-at-a-time crawl :blink:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

I'd prefer to be crawling on the other side of an NOA2 :)

Still nothing :cry:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Timeline

:angry:

in the words of Kaz Cooke:

'come, we shall firebomb them'

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

I can't see that helping me get my NOA2 any quicker... in fact on the contrary... :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Timeline

I thought that stat was pretty hopeful - showed that July filers withOUT NOA2s aren't a tiny minority, but that the month is rapidly being finalised... I really do think July will be finished very shortly :yes:

and believe me, it doesn't feel like zooming; more like an inch-at-a-time crawl :blink:

If you look at how HUGE the July filing base is, and compare it to, say, May filers, it's going incredibly fast. It really does seem like USCIS have finally gotten a handle on the problem and are now full speed ahead. There are of course still going to be some snafus, (and if you're one of those snafus then there's little to no consolation in these facts) but it does seem that USCIS have finally risen to the challenge.

Ok... so... maybe I got it.... NOW!

*runs to check*

No... :cry:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline

I agree with all that, mox; well put :)

and I know, J :lol:

it's just a phrase that comes to mind quite often, in all sorts of contexts... it's from Kaz Cooke's EXCELLENT book called 'Real Gorgeous - The Truth About Body and Beauty' in which she debunks a whole lot of ####### about body image and weight issues and cosmetics and a whole lot of other junk that women have been fed over the years... all factual and well-researched, but also very funny from time to time :lol:

and that line comes from a section called 'What to say to the body police', which is all manner of great comebacks when people get too personal with their remarks about your appearance or weight or whatever ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

If you look at how HUGE the July filing base is, and compare it to, say, May filers, it's going incredibly fast. It really does seem like USCIS have finally gotten a handle on the problem and are now full speed ahead. There are of course still going to be some snafus, (and if you're one of those snafus then there's little to no consolation in these facts) but it does seem that USCIS have finally risen to the challenge.

Mox, your signature cat photos always make my day.

ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE'S NO DAMN NOA2 (what?!) (oh sorry)

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
couldn't bear it...called NVC....AGAIN!!! :whistle:

file was entered into their system yesterday and should be with london in 5-10 business days.......may have my packet 3 before christmas after all!

I want to call again to see if ours has laft NVC yet, but I don't really want to be a pest! Well, I do, but :blush:

I'll see how I feel this afternoon. Maybe I won't be able to resist then knowing I won't be able to check until Monday. :unsure:

STP - inexplicably, the glass in my office window just shattered. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that would you? :P

I called them...well, actually I called the State Dept after hearing from NVC that they entered our case in the system on Monday (12/3/07). I just got off the phone with them (State Dept). Are training to be sarcastic and mean? The guy was a total ^%$%**&^%$#@$^&***%^ :angry: ! He said..."NVC sent your case electronically to Kenya, but has not mailed out the package yet." :angry: I asked him how Rama will be notified of the packet once it arrives and he told me, "Well, NVC will hunt him down. You know they have a lot of Kenyans to do that!" :angry:

WHAT FREAKIN EVER! I am sick of feeling at the mercy of these careless people. I have EVERY right to marry whom I choose. I paid the fee. I am signing a paper stating that I will be finacially responsible. He will come here and pay taxes. No one is losing out. Why do they have to be so damn vicious?

Sorry...had to vent. I just want a smooth interview and Rama here. BOO HOO! :crying:

Dang! That was totally unprofessional and uncalled for! It's scarey to think that people like this jerk have our lives in their hands! If not for that.... I'd be tempted to call and complain! What an ###!

I know...it was very surreal. It did not all sink in until I hung up, because I get nervous even talking to them. It is a strange relationship with these people....THANK GOD I am not marrying USCIS...talk about abusive, hahaha!

Best Regards,

Crissy

I-129F Sent : Jule 5, 2007

I-129F NOA1 :July 13, 2007

TOUCHED: November 10, 2007

APPROVED: November 21, 2007

NVC Rcvd: December 3, 2007

Picked up packet: January 8, 2008

Medical: January 9, 2008

Police Report: January 28, 2008

Interview Date: FEBRUARY 6, 2008 @ 8 AM...PASSED INTERVIEW

Picked up Passport with VISA stamp from Embassy: February 12, 2008

Port of Entry JFK n Received 90 day work stamp in passport February 25, 2008

Applied for SSN March 3, 2008

LMAO... Yeah... although I kinda wish I could work for them...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.