Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Aww... ok - maybe you should steer clear of these ;)

They aren't sad - they are just nice stories from real people and they make you think :) I love them :) Some of them I don't get but then I guess you get that with anything ;)

I get occasional stories like those from a friend. We all here have great love stories. We all have the kinda stories that movies are made of.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defo!! These stories aren't love stories though - some of them may be but a lot of them just get you to thinking about things :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

sorry..misunderstood...having crappy day

Aww hun - why crappy? Whassup?

just not coping well with the whole alone thing.

No one apparenty got my joke.. We always joke about getting touched.. no one got he I want some action joke =p

It could just be I have a weird sense of humor

My story could be a movie too.

Meet girl here in states, she has to go home. Goto Phil after months apart shatting via im, sms, email and phone. Plan is to propose.

Get there and within the first 4 days am told she is playing me.

Meet a cousin of hers and hit it off.

Here we are now waiting for NOA2

Edited by Arrta

That is pretty random!! So you are with her cousin?!?! How on earth did that all come about?!?! :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Timeline

I like that story. Has a twist. Mine is:

girl walks in on boxing day to find boyfriend of 4yrs cosyied up with best mate....kills time online, meanwhile guy in states has girlfriend of 5months leave him for best mate. The 2 meet online...###### lots, get close, girls go to states to meet boy, fall in love, spend 6 months apart, boy visits scotland then goes home, girl goes to visit again, get engaged, boy comes back with girl for six month and goes home......now present day

MY TIMELINES

K1

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

08/02/2008 - Delivered

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

In a nutshell! :lol: How long you been with Nick, Debz? I can never keep track of such trivialities!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline
In a nutshell! :lol: How long you been with Nick, Debz? I can never keep track of such trivialities!!

we met online feb 2006 first met in person june 2006

MY TIMELINES

K1

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

08/02/2008 - Delivered

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

Wow - that was quick! I didn't let Jeremy even see me on webcam (I get shy) until we started having contact for the second time round :lol: I am so glad he came here - I couldn't have gone to see him - I think I would have $hit myelf!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

hmmmm Mabey I will put my comment about "I haven't even got a touch or we haven't got our NOA2 yet" Mabey this post is the lucky post :thumbs: Yep it is getting harder every day to keep above the water line. Today my wife and I had our first fallin out but it isn't nuttin to cry over but it does make it a little harder to go thru the day. I know we are the only ones that go thru this depressing times waiting so that makes it a little better. I try to make Sunday family day and spend it with her all day. We have been practicing english with Skype and she also goes to Rita two days a week, the gym 3 and 4 days a week. I try to get her to stay busy as possible to keep the depession down. I have been building cabins since I quit my job at the pit. Not much time during the week to chat but only three times a day.. She buzzes me in the morning at 5am to wake me and we chat for a little bit. I come home for lunch and we exchange a few kisses msn style and chat. In the evening I am so beat I can hardly eat so we don't chat long. It gets hard for her I know and like I say I try to keep her busy. I have been watching the time lines and it does look like we are close but not many K3 filers in Argentina so I just go by K1 etc time lines. Anyway, sorry for crying on who ever reads this shoulder but sometime ya gotta vent ya know.... Thanks all, John and Nora

pushbrk shishhhhh back off a little!!!

www.ftknox.info

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

hang in there... it seems like forever, but you'll get there :)

sorry I can't say anything less trite, but you know it's true ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

As for the arguments!! I am sure the first is always the hardest but Jeremy and I have had so many now I can't even remember!! :lol: The way I see it is if you argue it means you care about sorting the problems out - if you don't thn eventually you will get fed up and move on :) Ok so it's not an exact science but it makes me feel better :lol:

As for feeling lonely on the K3 front - come on in - we'll adopt anyone here and we are a friendly bunch :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

yes, definitely! hang out with us if you're feeling lonely; we're pretty sociable, and you'll get LOADS of support (plus great heapings of congratulations when you do get approved ;) )

I dunno... obviously this process is hard for everyone, but I think I'd find it harder if I was already married, and had to be separated; I think you guys have a pretty tough situation... you WILL get there though, and probably sooner than you think :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

I dunno - at this point I am surprisingly apathetic ;) I know I'll be with J eventually so whatever!! :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Quick question, once my NOA-2 has been issued, how do I track my status at NVC? I went to their website and they have nothing about tracking the status of a visa. Also, I'm not too clear where to send the I-134, to my fiance, the embassy, NVC? I know how to fill out the form but I really don't know what to do after having my NOA-2 issued. If anyone can give me any tips or insight it would be greatly appreciated XmasN0101.gif

AOS:

August 8, 2008: We're married!! (both the ceremony and legal wedding)

September 11, 2008: Got the marriage certificate in the mail!! 

September 20, 2008: Sent AOS packet (I-485, EAD, AP)

September 22, 2008: USPS confirmed delivery at LockBox

September 26, 2008: Check Cashed!! :)

September 25, 2008: Recv'd date on all NOA's 

September 30, 2008: Received all 3 NOA's: I-485, EAD, AP

Ocotber 10, 2008: RFE for I-485 (needed proof of citizenship for sponsor) :S

October 21, 2008: Biometrics @12 pm in Ft. Lauderdale~over and done with in 5min!!~

October 22, 2008: documents for RFE sent via Priority Mail

October 24, 2008: documents received at MO

November 6, 2008: Case transferred to CSC :D

December 10, 2008: EAD approved!! Card production ordered!

Dec. 15, 2008: Rec'd EAD and AP via mail.

March 2, 2009: AOS Approved

March 9, 2009: Green Card Received!!!

March 24, 2020: N400 submitted (online)

January 2021: notice stating no new Biometrics needed

April 15, 2022: Notice to Appear for interview and exam

June 4, 2022: Interview/Exam Day! 🥳

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
That is pretty random!! So you are with her cousin?!?! How on earth did that all come about?!?! :lol:

Full Story of sorts.

Friday, I was online of an internet dating site. I saw someone was online and sent her a message, her name is Shamin. We got chatting and spent most of the night talking. I tell her where I am from, Massachusetts, and she says she is from the Philippines but is here in Mass as well right now. She proposes that we meet the following day, I wanted to wait a week as I was on call for work but she talked me into it.

The next day I got to the meeting place and did not see them. It was a store so I went inside to see if they were in there, nope. I called no answer. So I went in and looked around at the new releases. On my way out I see her and her aunt.

We hang out and talk for a while and her aunt decides she can trust us alone, shortly after I get a pager call so we have to end the meeting.

The next day I call and ask to go out with her on Monday. Monday we go have dinner and goto a movie. Afterwards we talked for like 2 hours in the car, just talked and got to know each other.

The next day I get a call from her aunt, Her ticket back to Phil has arrived. She leaves on Saturday.

She came over here on a fiancee visa to marry a guy in Virginia. She knew him for years and he seemed to be a nice guy but when she came over here he showed his true self. After several days here and getting ready for the wedding he wanted to sleep with her, she said no and he got violent. She then came up to Mass to stay with her aunt and after about a month thats when we met.

We spend the rest of the week together at lunch and after I get out of work, doing things and talking and getting to know each other more and more. I meet her uncle and cousins and her great aunt, whom she is staying with and they like me. I introduce her to my parents and they like her thou she seems a bit shy, but thats fine.

Saturday finally arrives and I go with her family to the airport to see her off.

We keep in touch for 4 months talking about everything we can think of. Her aunt then calls me to tell me that they are going to the Philippines for vacation and invites me. I agree to go but we plan to keep it a secret from Shamin until just before we leave. Of course I can't keep a secret for my live and tell her 2 months early. We make all sorts of plans for what to do when I get there. We will meet her in Manila where she is staying with another Aunt and then she will fly back to Tacloban with us to goto her home and meet her parents and the rest of the family.

Well I get there, I am brought to meet her parents and I will be staying with them.

I studied up on customs so when I arrive I give presents to her family, I had presents for both sets of grandparents but she never introduced me. Her mother cried when I presented the gifts and I did not understand why. I also gave Shamin a late birthday present, an ipod, which I later find out she complained about. I wanted a computer was allegedly what she said to some people.

For the next 4 days I stay at her home essentually hidden from the rest of the community with the exception of a single party, her cousins 16th birthday (one of the cousins I came with).

On the 4th day I confront her about the fact that she has kept me locked up in essence and here is where it ends for us. She says I tell her a week before that I am coming, nope 2 months. I find out that her parents never wanted her to come home as they had disowned her, I found out why later but this is why her mother cried when I arrived. Apparently mom knew what was coming next. She said she was playing me trying to get me to give her money. I later found out that she was still in contact with the guy from Virginia and is essentially getting around 3 to 4 hundred a month from him.

I had kinda figured some of this out the day before and had worked through the feelings I had earlier. I was mad but I took everything in stride. She offered to let me stay there for the rest of my trip. Turns out she was trying to set me up with a friend/cousin who already had a child and was currently pregnant. When I later found out about that I was none too happy.

I call her aunt, the one I came out with and she offers to let me stay with her for the rest of the trip. Connie sent Charry and some other cousins over to help me move. I had met Charry once before, when we landed at the airport but had not paid close atention to her as that is the way I am, when I am seeing someone I dont see other women as anything other than a person not someone with whom I could start a relationship. When I finally saw Charry as a woman and not just a person I knew.

I spend time with Connie and her family and we goto the festivals and basketball tournaments. Over this time I got closer and closer to Charry and eventually expressed my intentions of intending to start a relationship.

Here is where I got completely confused. She thanked me and then walked away. Not long after her aunt came to talk to me. Charry was injured when she was younger. There was an infection of some sort on her leg and they had to remove a portion of the muscle to prevent it from spreding. As a result she had a scar on her lower leg and she can not put her foot flat on the ground.

She hid this so well that I never would have known. She wears long pants or skirts at all times and always wears high heals to hide the fact that she cant wear flat shoes.

Her aunt knew how I was going to react to this as she had gotten to know me over the months. It did not matter to me, I care about her and my feelings did not change. When she told Charry she could not believe it. Apparently all the guys over there think of her as something impure or something because she is deformed. She thought of herself that way too and never believed anyone would ever love her for who she is.

From that point forward our relationship only got stronger. And before I left the Philippines, after getting permission from her family, I had proposed to her.

Everyone I know says it was too quick, and I agree it happend fast. But I knew in my heart when I finally saw her that she is the one for me. And she feels the same.

OK.. Now who is going to tell me I'm nutters? :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.