Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Thanks!! That is so useful!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
tax returns. I keep reading that the USC needs to send the last couple of years tax returns with the fiance to the interview. some posts call for tax transcripts?? do you order these from the IRS and do they have to be notarized? I have copies of my tax returns and my W-2's. do these work?? I guess, how should I organize my tax info to give to my fiance??

the I-34 affadavit of support. We filled one of these out with the original application. the packet 3 scans ask for one that is less than a year old, so do you use the one you filled out from the original application or fill out a new one.

From the Manila Embassy site.

Form I-134 Affidavit of Support: The I-134 Affidavit of Support is required for returning residents (SB-1), fiancé(e)s or spouses of U.S. citizens (K1, K3), children of K1 and K3 applicants, spouses and children of lawful permanent residents (LPRs), applicants with special immigrant status, and follow-to-join derivative family members of employment-based (E) applicants. A copy of the sponsor's most recent Federal income tax return (Form 1040) should accompany the I-134. Faxed copies of the ITR are acceptable.

However I know for a fact that the form allows for a letter from your place of employment to be used instead.

The Tax Return is only needed if you are filing as a self employed person and you need 3 years and not just 1 if thats the case.

Timeline
tax returns. I keep reading that the USC needs to send the last couple of years tax returns with the fiance to the interview. some posts call for tax transcripts?? do you order these from the IRS and do they have to be notarized? I have copies of my tax returns and my W-2's. do these work?? I guess, how should I organize my tax info to give to my fiance??

From what I understand, London has been getting tough on the tax return issue. They are requiring the last year's tax transcript. They can be ordered easily by calling an 800 #, I don't have the link at my fingertips, but just do a google search. The transcripts are supposed to be notarized. Most banks will do this for you for free if you are a customer, others chage a fee.

the I-34 affadavit of support. We filled one of these out with the original application. the packet 3 scans ask for one that is less than a year old, so do you use the one you filled out from the original application or fill out a new one.

Complete a new one. Also, don't forget a letter from your employer confirming your salary and length of service, as well as a letter from your bank detailing account balance info.

letter of intent to marry - I have read about people writing these for the interview but no where is it stated as a requirement on the packet 3 scans. is this something people just add on for added evidence or am I missing something?

Everyone on VJ has reported completing updated letters of intent. I plan on doing that too! Err on the side of caution.

About the I-134, you only need the letter from your employer. Any additional information is only needed if you do not make more than 125% of the poverty guideline for the # of people you will be supporting.

For example:

If you will only be supporting yourself and your spouse/fiancee that is 2 people.

The poverty guildeline states that for 2 people living in the 48 contiguous states $13,690 is the poverty guideline. 125% of this is $17,113. If your salary is more than this in a year then you only need the letter from your employer or tax returns for the last 3 years if self employed.

If you make less than 125% of the poverty guideline then you have to show that you have 5 times more than the difference between your income and the guideline.

For example:

The poverty guildeline states that for 4 people living in the 48 contiguous states $20,650 is the poverty guideline. 125% of this is $25,813. You, your spouse, and 2 dependant children.

If you only make $23,000 a year there is a difference of $2,813.

In this instance not only do you have to show that you make $23K a year but you also have to show that you have at least $2,813 x 5 ($14,065) in other assets. These other assets could be your savings account, a stock portfolio, your life insurance, etc..

As for the letters of intent.. We included them in our original submission.

Another thing. I was told that the Visa Packet that you sent to the CSC/VSC with all your supporting evidence does not get sent to the embassy. So any of the evidence you included in that, like photos and a I-134 are not sent to the embassy. You need to get another Affidavit of Support noterized and sent to your OH before the interview.

Last thing, here is where I found the 2007 poverty guideline information http://brasilia.usembassy.gov/evrybody/Pov...INES%202007.pdf

Edited by Arrta

Well I have sent my honey back home last night and now he is sitting at work completely knackered! We had a wonderful 10 day visit here in the USA. We did take one day to work on the next step of the visa. We completed everything for the I-134, went on line and completed the 156, the 156K and the DS-230 Part 1 and part 2. I put everything in a packet for him to take back with him in preparation for the interview. I also sent back with him the orginals from the I-129F. I believe that we have everything in order. It feels wonderful to have everything out of the way and now we can just sit back and wait for our NOA2. Once I receive that, I can forward it to him in England and we'll be all set. I hope all is well with everyone - and remember, we're over half way there and we'll have our loved ones here very soon! :dance:

Well I have sent my honey back home last night and now he is sitting at work completely knackered! We had a wonderful 10 day visit here in the USA. We did take one day to work on the next step of the visa. We completed everything for the I-134, went on line and completed the 156, the 156K and the DS-230 Part 1 and part 2. I put everything in a packet for him to take back with him in preparation for the interview. I also sent back with him the orginals from the I-129F. I believe that we have everything in order. It feels wonderful to have everything out of the way and now we can just sit back and wait for our NOA2. Once I receive that, I can forward it to him in England and we'll be all set. I hope all is well with everyone - and remember, we're over half way there and we'll have our loved ones here very soon! :dance:

He doesn't need a copy of the NOA2. Keep that safe for when you need to adjust status.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

He doesn't need a copy of the NOA2. Keep that safe for when you need to adjust status.

I thought that he has to have that. Great news - that is one less piece of paper that I have to entrust him with. You know how those men are... :innocent: At least my man is not very responsible for paperwork. He sure is lucky to have me.

Lol a-jeanne!!! I know what you mean - we are holding off on getting our wedding rings because I can just see them getting lost somewhere!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Does anyone know about this whole "touching" thing. I have never been "touched" The last updated date in my portfolio in USCIS is and always has been July 19th. Is that a bad thing or am I just trippin?

Best Regards,

Crissy

I-129F Sent : Jule 5, 2007

I-129F NOA1 :July 13, 2007

TOUCHED: November 10, 2007

APPROVED: November 21, 2007

NVC Rcvd: December 3, 2007

Picked up packet: January 8, 2008

Medical: January 9, 2008

Police Report: January 28, 2008

Interview Date: FEBRUARY 6, 2008 @ 8 AM...PASSED INTERVIEW

Picked up Passport with VISA stamp from Embassy: February 12, 2008

Port of Entry JFK n Received 90 day work stamp in passport February 25, 2008

Applied for SSN March 3, 2008

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Does anyone know about this whole "touching" thing. I have never been "touched" The last updated date in my portfolio in USCIS is and always has been July 19th. Is that a bad thing or am I just trippin?

don't worry. I've never been touched either. Apparently some people don't get touched

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Lol a-jeanne!!! I know what you mean - we are holding off on getting our wedding rings because I can just see them getting lost somewhere!!!

That's funny because I have the wedding band at home and when he was home for 10 days, I hid it because I knew that he would set it down and not know where he put it. He is very good at that. Very scary because when he's home, I find I do the same thing. Yikes. :blush:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I'm so worried about the whole I 134 stuff. Obviously Nick been here and before that he has never earned enough to file taxes due to being in school so he never has so we can't provide tax return. Even though he is intending on finding work as soon as possible when he goes back dec 6th we are needing a co-sponsor obviously. The co-sponsor can give all the info including tax returns.

Also...what is the US tax year. The UK one always starting and ending in april.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

I was touched on 26 July and it hasn't changed since then so you're not alone :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline
I was touched on 26 July and it hasn't changed since then so you're not alone :D

I have not been touched either. Hopefully no news is good news. If you RFE my drift.

I was touched once on the day my check was cashed. I believe it was to add a note or something saying that I have paid.

Nothing else since then, hope I'm not lost somewhere.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.