4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello and apologies if these questions have been asked. I tried to search for answers but was coming up short.

I am filling out the I-485 so it ready to file once my Fiance and I are married. I have a few questions:

1) Part 1 Other names used since birth:

I have included my middle name on the I-485 form and on my marriage licence. My middle name is not listed on the I-94 and I did not put it down on my social security card application , is this okay? Should I include or exclude my middle name on the I-485 form?

2) What is my A-number, and where to find it?

3) If I was denied ESTA, should I answer 'Yes' to the question that asks if I have ever been denied a US visa?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You'll also find your A-number on the visa stamped in your passport once your application is approved. Once you get your physical green card, your Alien Registration Number (labeled “USCIS#”) will be on both the front and the back of the card. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 hours ago, Aoife&Cam said:

Hello and apologies if these questions have been asked. I tried to search for answers but was coming up short.

I am filling out the I-485 so it ready to file once my Fiance and I are married. I have a few questions:

1) Part 1 Other names used since birth:

I have included my middle name on the I-485 form and on my marriage licence. My middle name is not listed on the I-94 and I did not put it down on my social security card application , is this okay? Should I include or exclude my middle name on the I-485 form?

2) What is my A-number, and where to find it?

3) If I was denied ESTA, should I answer 'Yes' to the question that asks if I have ever been denied a US visa?

#1 if you're worried about it you could include your full name including middle name in the other names used since birth! 
#2 on your approved i-129F form they wrote our A number on the front!
#3 I would say no because esta is the visa waiver program, not a visa.

K1 process:

• 10-28-2020 - i-129f Received at Lockbox          
  • 12-08-2020 - NOA1 
  • 06-14-2021 - RFE 
  • 07-06-2021 - NOA2
  • 08-19-2021 - Arrived at Embassy
  • 10-07-2021 - Checklist received
  • 10-21-2021 - Interview & Approval
  • 12-29-2021 - Marriage :)

AOS:

• 01-29-2022 - Package sent to Phoenix Lockbox
  • 02-02-2022 - Credit Card Charged
  • 02-12-2022 - Notice of Biometrics
  • 03-09-2022 - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 1/16/2022 at 10:57 PM, dmeister3 said:

#1 if you're worried about it you could include your full name including middle name in the other names used since birth! 
#2 on your approved i-129F form they wrote our A number on the front!
#3 I would say no because esta is the visa waiver program, not a visa.

I have another question. I have applied direct for my SSN but it has taken a month and the office says it will be another 4-5weeks.  If I mark that I have my SSN (only applied, haven't received) will it affect my application if I don't write down the SSN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.