VolksWagon99

VAWA - After 4 years of divorce

89 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Demise said:

Probably. But as I said, application of last resort. You file it, maybe you win maybe you lose, you don't file it, you'll definitely get a removal order.

Of course its on another note, but removals are only for the persons have criminal history etc (current priorities). Is that right?

If he gets removal, can he go ahead w/ VAWA COR from prev marriage? Just curious  

Edited by VolksWagon99

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 minutes ago, VolksWagon99 said:

Of course its on another note, but removals are only for the persons have criminal history etc (current priorities). Is that right?

If he gets removal, can he go ahead w/ VAWA COR from prev marriage? Just curious  

I think this is your case and not a friends.  Your questions are too personal.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

5 minutes ago, VolksWagon99 said:

We are so lucky that we have @Demise here :)

Wealth of knowledge!!

Just in case. if somebody want to proceed w/ VAWA COR; He needs to be in removal proceedings. Right?

So, he'll be filing all prerequisites like abuse proof, Good character, Marriage proofs etc with the court to be considered for VAWA COR?

Can one file for VAWA COR along w/ regular COR?

Thanks!

Yes, you need to be in removal proceedings to file for COR.

Yes, the whole pile of evidence will be filed with the court and a copy served onto the ICE attorney.

You can file both regular and VAWA CORs at the same time on the same form provided you qualify for both.

7 minutes ago, VolksWagon99 said:

I'm not sure what the current priorities are but if you get an I-485 denied with no status to fall back onto you should be prepared to get served with an NTA.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

19 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

I think this is your case and not a friends.  Your questions are too personal.

He is friend of my friend (now mine too) and often discusses w/ us while having drinks etc :)

But I am trying to help him a bit, and also asking out of curiosity as you never know I might need this info too later stage in life

Edited by VolksWagon99

On 1/16/2022 at 11:25 PM, Demise said:

COR does not allow derivatives. They would need their own form EOIR-42B but proceedings can be consolidated in that the judge will review the parent's and each children's case as one complete whole.

So, in such case, for ex. if husband gets approved then wife & kids also gets approved?

Edited by VolksWagon99

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 minutes ago, VolksWagon99 said:

So, in such case, for ex. if husband gets approved then wife & kids also gets approved?

Wife? 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
4 minutes ago, VolksWagon99 said:

yes, nothing related to person in Q. Just want to know the process here in case of COR cases

Not being mean, but the way you ask questions makes it confusing for us to say something. It's as if you kept adding details to the case.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

9 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

Not being mean, but the way you ask questions makes it confusing for us to say something. It's as if you kept adding details to the case.

Sorry if that confused you. Just trying to add to my knowledge, ...Its just to know the process of COR case about what happens to derivatives in general

Edited by VolksWagon99

Timeline
1 minute ago, VolksWagon99 said:

Sorry if that confused you. Just trying to add to my knowledge, ...Its just to know the process of COR case about what happens to derivatives in general

How would it apply to a spouse?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

VAWA cases can take years, so derivatives might age out.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline

COR = Cancellation of removal (not VAWA COR) 

if somebody in removal but he is married, i guess, if i can explain well

My understanding is that for a potential wife to be able to join, there are a lot of loops to jump. My understanding if that if the person marries before VAWA approval, it will be denied.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline

If they were both in removal proceedings have not come across that

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.