Lil bear

Oath ceremony Kansas City Field Office .. how long between interview and oath ceremony?

40 posts in this topic

Just now, Lil bear said:

Ive got a 3+ hr drive each way from SW corner of MO. 

Oh, wow! I didn't realize there weren't closer venues that held oath ceremonies. I definitely shouldn't complain.

8 minutes ago, RubyMoss88 said:

Possible.

When I interviewed, I explained I was going to England for Christmas, and the officer told me my oath ceremony would probably be about a month out so I should be fine, but it's been over 2 months now. I know it's not the end of the world, I just want the process to be complete so I can apply for my passport.

Trust me I know the feeling. I want this to be complete now.

The last ceremony close to us was in Union station on 1/27

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Just now, RubyMoss88 said:

Oh, wow! I didn't realize there weren't closer venues that held oath ceremonies. I definitely shouldn't complain.

Occasionsly there is one in Springfield .. last year it was in September. Not waiting that long. I had a 4 hr each way drive to St Louis for biometrics in November, a 3 1/2 hr each way drive to KC  in December for the interview, a 3 1/2 hr drive each way again  for the oath  .. and then i have a 4 1/2 hr each way drive to Hot Springs a week later  to get a passport so I can do an urgent trip to my 93 yr old parents in Australia   🤪

5 minutes ago, VicHindocha said:

Trust me I know the feeling. I want this to be complete now.

The last ceremony close to us was in Union station on 1/27

I wonder if they'll hold more there, or if it was a one-off ceremony?

4 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Occasionsly there is one in Springfield .. last year it was in September. Not waiting that long. I had a 4 hr each way drive to St Louis for biometrics in November, a 3 1/2 hr each way drive to KC  in December for the interview, a 3 1/2 hr drive each way again  for the oath  .. and then i have a 4 1/2 hr each way drive to Hot Springs a week later  to get a passport so I can do an urgent trip to my 93 yr old parents in Australia   🤪

Oh my gosh, how inconvenient. I was fortunate in that they reused my biometrics. Lovely how they don't refund the fee, though, eh? I'm sure it'll be so worth it once you're back in Australia with your parents. I hope the entire process goes smoothly for you and that you have a lovely time at home.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, RubyMoss88 said:

I wonder if they'll hold more there, or if it was a one-off ceremony?

Oh my gosh, how inconvenient. I was fortunate in that they reused my biometrics. Lovely how they don't refund the fee, though, eh? I'm sure it'll be so worth it once you're back in Australia with your parents. I hope the entire process goes smoothly for you and that you have a lovely time at home.

Thx. Heres hoping things go as planned. One step and one day at a  time ! 

On 2/11/2022 at 2:21 PM, RubyMoss88 said:

Possible.

When I interviewed, I explained I was going to England for Christmas, and the officer told me my oath ceremony would probably be about a month out so I should be fine, but it's been over 2 months now. I know it's not the end of the world, I just want the process to be complete so I can apply for my passport.

Anyone scheduled  for 2/25?

Just now, VicHindocha said:

Nope. I was thinking you may, and if you were, then could gage were I was in the queue. 

Unfortunately not. I saw someone else scheduled for their oath on 2/25 and their interview was after mine, in January. The only thing was they filed earlier than me, so perhaps it has more to do with filing date than interview date. Either that or something's gone wrong for me haha. 

4 minutes ago, RubyMoss88 said:

Unfortunately not. I saw someone else scheduled for their oath on 2/25 and their interview was after mine, in January. The only thing was they filed earlier than me, so perhaps it has more to do with filing date than interview date. Either that or something's gone wrong for me haha. 

I’m not sure. I filed in Oct 2020, my interview was in Jan. I think they are just that ridiculously behind and/or Covid-19 doesn’t help. I think MO is holding two ceremonies in a month vs Kansas City is only one. We’re now going be to waiting until at least March if not April 😞😡

1 minute ago, VicHindocha said:

I’m not sure. I filed in Oct 2020, my interview was in Jan. I think they are just that ridiculously behind and/or Covid-19 doesn’t help. I think MO is holding two ceremonies in a month vs Kansas City is only one. We’re now going be to waiting until at least March if not April 😞😡

Oh, wow. So you filed before me too because I only filed September 2021. I was so happy to receive my interview so quickly, but now I just want my oath so I know when I can go home and visit my family again. 

1 minute ago, RubyMoss88 said:

Oh, wow. So you filed before me too because I only filed September 2021. I was so happy to receive my interview so quickly, but now I just want my oath so I know when I can go home and visit my family again. 

No I’m sorry I meant 2021 ugh. 

On 2/19/2022 at 2:52 PM, RubyMoss88 said:

Anyone receive their appointments?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.