Lil bear

Oath ceremony Kansas City Field Office .. how long between interview and oath ceremony?

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I passed my N400 interview at the KC USCIS office on Dec 16 2021… just wondering how long other successful vjers have waited to get their Oath Ceremony date assigned .. and how long it was between being advised of the date and the ceremony. Thx ! 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/13/2022 at 8:29 PM, Lil bear said:

I passed my N400 interview at the KC USCIS office on Dec 16 2021… just wondering how long other successful vjers have waited to get their Oath Ceremony date assigned .. and how long it was between being advised of the date and the ceremony. Thx ! 

Still waiting as well. Passed since January 6th. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have either of you had your oath ceremony scheduled? I passed my interview on Dec 7th, and my account was updated later that day to "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled." I've heard nothing since. 

This page updates often with ceremony dates, but they haven't put anything for February yet. https://ksd.uscourts.gov/index.php/upcoming-naturalization-schedule/

Timeline
16 minutes ago, RubyMoss88 said:

Have either of you had your oath ceremony scheduled? I passed my interview on Dec 7th, and my account was updated later that day to "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled." I've heard nothing since. 

This page updates often with ceremony dates, but they haven't put anything for February yet. https://ksd.uscourts.gov/index.php/upcoming-naturalization-schedule/

I received an update in my USCIS account on Wed 2 Feb. Oath ceremony scheduled for Feb 16th. Received the actual letter yesterday. Sorry you’re still waiting 🤬😢

Just now, Lil bear said:

I received an update in my USCIS account on Wed 2 Feb. Oath ceremony scheduled for Feb 16th. Received the actual letter yesterday. Sorry you’re still waiting 🤬😢

Congrats! I'm glad you have yours scheduled! If you don't mind me asking, are you on the KS or MO side? My ceremony will most likely be for the Kansas City, Kansas courthouse, so I'm wondering if it's just my specific location that is delayed. 

Timeline
Just now, RubyMoss88 said:

Congrats! I'm glad you have yours scheduled! If you don't mind me asking, are you on the KS or MO side? My ceremony will most likely be for the Kansas City, Kansas courthouse, so I'm wondering if it's just my specific location that is delayed. 

MO side. KC courthouse 

3 minutes ago, VicHindocha said:

@RubyMoss88 
Feb 25 in Wichita??

image.png

From what I've read, I'd probably be scheduled for the Kansas City, Kansas courthouse.

1 minute ago, Lil bear said:

Thats for Kansas residents. The KC field office covers western Missouri residency 

KC Field Office also covers Kansas :)

Just now, Lil bear said:

MO side. KC courthouse 

Oh, well there goes my theory! I wonder why I've been overlooked. Ah, well. Back to the waiting game!

Timeline
1 minute ago, RubyMoss88 said:

From what I've read, I'd probably be scheduled for the Kansas City, Kansas courthouse.

KC Field Office also covers Kansas :)

Oh, well there goes my theory! I wonder why I've been overlooked. Ah, well. Back to the waiting game!

Yes it seems randomly messed up and I cant see that there is any way to ask about it .. USCIS call centre will only parrot the website 

Edited by Lil bear

No I dont have any scheduled yet, i was just posting the upcoming dates 

I am still waiting for my oath ceremony. I am from KS side - Overland Park

1 minute ago, VicHindocha said:

No I dont have any scheduled yet, i was just posting the upcoming dates 

I am still waiting for my oath ceremony. I am from KS side - Overland Park

Oh! I'm just down the road in Lenexa. Hopefully we're both scheduled soon. I thought they scheduled people in order, but apparently not. 

2 minutes ago, RubyMoss88 said:

Oh! I'm just down the road in Lenexa. Hopefully we're both scheduled soon. I thought they scheduled people in order, but apparently not. 

Nothing about this makes sense lol 

I was told I'd get an appointment within 2 weeks. I was thinking because i put in a name change, it delayed it?

Just now, VicHindocha said:

Nothing about this makes sense lol 

I was told I'd get an appointment within 2 weeks. I was thinking because i put in a name change, it delayed it?

Possible.

When I interviewed, I explained I was going to England for Christmas, and the officer told me my oath ceremony would probably be about a month out so I should be fine, but it's been over 2 months now. I know it's not the end of the world, I just want the process to be complete so I can apply for my passport.

Timeline
Just now, RubyMoss88 said:

Possible.

When I interviewed, I explained I was going to England for Christmas, and the officer told me my oath ceremony would probably be about a month out so I should be fine, but it's been over 2 months now. I know it's not the end of the world, I just want the process to be complete so I can apply for my passport.

Ive got a 3+ hr drive each way from SW corner of MO. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.