Hamy

Chronic Hep B can cause Immigrant visa denial

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys I need your help. I'm diagnose Chronic Hepatitis B while I doesn't have any physical symptoms and I'm taking my medication either, on the other hand my IR1 Immigration visa case is undergoing I am worried and want to know can my medical condition become cause of my visa denial please help. 

Read the following:

"The inadmissibility  due to health concerns  covers  a range  of  situations. 

In general,  they  are:

1.  Those  who  have  a  communicable  disease  of public  health  significance.  The  Government  defines  diseases  that  fall  into this  category.  The following  conditions  are  considered  communicable  diseases  of  public  health significance:  chancroids;  gonorrhea;  granuloma  inguinale;  infectious leprosy;  lymphogranuloma venereum;  infectious  syphilis;  and active  tuberculosis.

2.  Those  seeking  immigrant  status  who  has  failed  to  receive necessary vaccinations against  vaccine-preventable  diseases.  The law  makes a person  inadmissible  if  he  or  she fails  to present  evidence of  vaccination  against  vaccine-preventable diseases.  Some of  the  vaccines  are specifically  required by  statute;  the statute  also  gives  the Department  of  Health and Human Services,  Centers  for  Disease Control  and  Prevention (CDC),  Advisory  Committee for  Immunization Practices,  the authority  to require additional  vaccinations.   For  a list  of  vaccinations  that  are currently required,  please consult  the  CDC’s  Technical  Instructions  in  regards  to  Vaccinations  on  the  CDC’s  website at http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html.

3.  Those who  have  or  have had  a physical  or  mental  disorder  with  associated  harmful  behavior  or  harmful  behavior  that  is likely to  reoccur.  Harmful  behavior  is behavior  that poses,  or  has posed  a threat  to  person  or  property.  The  law  doesn't  provide specific  examples  of  any conditions.  A  person  is  inadmissible  if  they  have  a physical  or  mental  disorder  and  the behavior  associated  with the  disorder  may  pose  (or  has posed  and  is  likely  to reoccur)  a threat  to  the  property,  safety  or  welfare of  the  person or  others.  In  the  United  States,  a civil  surgeon  must  make the assessment  as  outlined  in the Technical  Instructions  for  Physical  or  Mental  Disorders  with  Associated Harmful  Behaviors  and  Substance-related Disorders  for  Civil  Surgeons  posted  by  the  CDC  on its  website and available at  the following link: (http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/mental-civil-technical-instructions.html).  Please  note that  the  physical  or  mental  disorder alone  -  without  the  associated harmful  behavior  -  does  not  make an individual  inadmissible. 4.  Those who  are drug  abusers or  addicts.  Drug  (substance)  abuse  of  or  addiction (medically  called dependence)  to  any  of  the substances  listed  in Section 202  of  the Controlled Substances  Act  may  render  an  individual  inadmissible.    A  civil surgeon  must  make the assessment  whether  an individual  is  a  drug  abuser  or  a drug  addict.    A  new  assessment  by  a civil  surgeon is  also needed to determine  whether  the  individual’s  substance abuse  or  addiction  is  in  remission  which  is  relevant  to an  admissibility  assessment.  A  civil  surgeon must  make the assessment  as  outlined  in the Technical  Instructions  for  Physical  or  Mental  Disorders  with  Associated  Harmful  Behaviors  and  Substance-related Disorders  for  Civil  Surgeons posted by  CDC  on its  website and available at  the  following  link:  (http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/mental-civil-technicalinstructions.html)."

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Vaccination for Hep A and Hep B are required for immigration 

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/about/medical-exam-faqs.html

As part of the medical examination for immigration, all immigrants, depending on their age, are required to be vaccinated against the following vaccine-preventable diseases: COVID-19, mumps, measles, rubella, polio, tetanus and diphtheria toxoids, pertussis, Haemophilus influenzae type B, rotavirus, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, meningococcal disease, varicella, influenza, and pneumococcal pneumonia. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, Hamy said:

@JeanneAdil it means HEP B canbe cause of denial? 

reading all i can on here and this has been discussed in the past so go to the search area and put in Hep B

from what i read (too slow  to give a complete answer-)  Hep B is not contagious and will not cause a denial but should be treated and a vaccination given by dr for your medical exam

it can be spread by bodily fluids so you should take precautions with family and anyone close to u

Timeline
7 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

reading all i can on here and this has been discussed in the past so go to the search area and put in Hep B

from what i read (too slow  to give a complete answer-)  Hep B is not contagious and will not cause a denial but should be treated and a vaccination given by dr for your medical exam

it can be spread by bodily fluids so you should take precautions with family and anyone close to u

Yes all of my family members and spouse are vaccinated even I'm taking medication for that on regular basis. Just wanted to make sure about visa purposes. 

7 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Hep B is spread by sexual contact.  It is fully preventable via vaccinations, but a is not a treatment and would be useless for someone who already has the virus.

Similar to HIV, it is not on the list of diseases of medical inadmissibilities.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hey,

From my personal experience, Hep B can not cause a denial.

Before you go to the Doctor appointment, ask your physician to write a letter summarizing your Hep B history. Something like “ X is followed for Hepatitis B since…. He/She is taking x medication at x dose and has been doing well under treatment “.

I recall there was no way for the Doctor to know I had Hep B if I didn’t tell him since the test is not required for the visa. 
I hope this help. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, IF-Mclean said:

Hey,

From my personal experience, Hep B can not cause a denial.

Before you go to the Doctor appointment, ask your physician to write a letter summarizing your Hep B history. Something like “ X is followed for Hepatitis B since…. He/She is taking x medication at x dose and has been doing well under treatment “.

I recall there was no way for the Doctor to know I had Hep B if I didn’t tell him since the test is not required for the visa. 
I hope this help. 

Thanks you so much friend

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.