PrinceChisom

Expedite Request Accepted (Merged follow-up)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

We filed an expedite last year with the help of Congresswoman office and it was denied, and I filed again twice same year and got straight out denial without even asking to submit anything. So this year January 4, 2022 I filed again under emergency/humanitarian reasons and got an email to submit evidence to back up my claim, I sent recent pictures of my woman's foot with infections, and also sent medical records showing previous foot amputation and likely another one. I received an email from USCIS today. We don't know if it means approved or when we can expect NOA2

Screenshot_20220110-191705_Gallery.jpg

Edited by PrinceChisom
Typo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

u should have a timeline so the answers are the best for your petition

i believe u are still at USCIS stage

it means USCIS (the 1st step) in most cases will send u a decision on  the processing of the petition in 45 days

the operative wording here is For most cases,  you should receive a decision or notice of further action on your I 130 within 45 days

so,  u may get USCIS to work on the I 130 and move it to next step NVC or RFE for further information needed

approval of the petition then goes to the NVC stage where 2 fees and the I 864 and ds 260 have to be filed out

47 minutes ago, PrinceChisom said:

Hi everyone,

I-130 expedite request was approved, when do we get NOA2? Like how long does it take from expedite approval to getting an actual petition approved. USCIS does say in their email within 45days we should get something. Just wanna get a general idea how long it actually takes.  

Thank you. 

~ Duplicate thread removed. Please do not start multiple threads on same or related topics as that’s considered spamming per TOS. Keep all subsequent questions in this thread ~

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Our I-130 case was accepted for expedited processing on January 10, 2022 up till date no progress yet. Their email says within 45days, it's past 60days nothing yet. Last email from USCIS was March 1, 2022 after we submitted a follow up request. The email says Our case was assigned to an officer and under active review. 

We involved the senator's office but nothing yet. Is there anything we can do?

Timeline

USCIS considers all expedite requests on a case-by-case basis and may require additional documentation to support such requests.

Beware it does not mean it is approved 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-1-part-a-chapter-5

Timeline
11 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

USCIS considers all expedite requests on a case-by-case basis and may require additional documentation to support such requests.

Beware it does not mean it is approved 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-1-part-a-chapter-5

Emma told us the expedite was approved and the case is currently with an officer undergoing adjudication/ under active review and we should just wait. 

Timeline

u sent out a petition in November 2021 and january asked for expeditite 

i doubt it is already done but maybe u are a lucky one

your post only says an officer was assigned to the case 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

-- Information not available

Type of service requested:

-- Expedite

The status of this service request is:

On 02/24/2022, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-130 to notify us that you were requesting an expedited review of your case. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Thank you for your inquiry. According to our electronic records, your Form I-130 petition is assigned to an officer and under active review. Your inquiry has been forwarded to the officer that is adjudicating your case. You will be notified by mail once a decision has been made or if additional evidence is required for your case.

This is the last email we received after we followed up on our case. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

-- Information not available

Type of service requested:

-- Expedite

The status of this service request is:

On 02/24/2022, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-130 to notify us that you were requesting an expedited review of your case. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Thank you for your inquiry. According to our electronic records, your Form I-130 petition is assigned to an officer and under active review. Your inquiry has been forwarded to the officer that is adjudicating your case. You will be notified by mail once a decision has been made or if additional evidence is required for your case.

This is the last email we received after we followed up on our case. 

Screenshot_20220323-225425_Gallery.jpg

• Ontarkie changed the title to Expedite Request Accepted (Merged Update)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related threads merged. PLease keep all related questions to one thread. It helps members when all the information is in one thread.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• Ontarkie changed the title to Expedite Request Accepted (Merged follow-up)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.