BananaBreadFanati

Husband wishes to leave me now after entering USA on a tourist visa. How can I cancel the IR1 visa which is already at the embassy waiting for the interview?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

OP 

understand the need to notify the embassy as you say the case is there and do so right away

your spouse could return for this interview ,  get his visa per your evidence and return to US (not to u) and do that legally and u are still responsible  thru  the I 864 

Edited by JeanneAdil

3 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

OP 

understand the need to notify the embassy as you say the case is there and do so right away

your spouse could return for this interview ,  get his visa per your evidence and return to US (not to u) and do that legally and u are still responsible  thru  the I 864 

Ok, I am working on the letters getting sent out today. I am very sad about all this. Never expected it. To top it off we have a adoption case in the works from India as well. Now I am stuck on that part alone.

Edited by BananaBreadFanati

1 hour ago, arken said:

Is the interview already scheduled or he's waiting for the interview to be scheduled? If it hasn't been scheduled, email NVC. If it's already been scheduled, email the embassy.

No need to write a story about what you think he is doing or so, just write a simple statement  to the embassy/NVC that your marriage is falling apart and you would like to withdraw the i864 and the petition. That should cancel his ongoing visa application.

However, i recommend you take a moment before you do so. Hopefully you are doing it with some wishful thinking and not with an impromptu anger thing that you may regret later.

Yes, I am giving it some thought first. But time is short. His case was expedited and at the embassy awaiting the interview date. I am very scared because he is the type who changes his mind often.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
15 minutes ago, BananaBreadFanati said:

Yes, I am giving it some thought first. But time is short. His case was expedited and at the embassy awaiting the interview date. I am very scared because he is the type who changes his mind often.

Not sure how long you two have spent time together before or after marriage but if this is the longest time spent together after he entered US on the visitor visa and you two are already having big issues, may be it's not the relation you want to be in for sure.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

7 minutes ago, arken said:

Not sure how long you two have spent time together before or after marriage but if this is the longest time spent together after he entered US on the visitor visa and you two are already having big issues, may be it's not the relation you want to be in for sure.

We have been together for five years. We usually spend time together in his country. I stay up to 30-50 days normally. He is acting different here in USA. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I'm sorry you're going through this. It's hard to imagine someone would date for so long just so he can get a tourist visa for a place he might not have been compeled to seeing prior to your relationship, which you can tell by the way he taks about the country and wanting to go back and not living here. If he says he doesn't wanna live here he won't wanna bother with the IR1 visa anyway, but if he loves you he would ask you to go live there and it doesn't have to end this way. My husband is Indian too, and he was somewhat hesitant at first about life here but adjusted very quickly, and he can always find Indian stores and buy the authentic ingredients and we can cook Indian food at home, if food is an issue. Maybe it's just a phase he's going through and can't relate to this country at the moment, but not everyone belongs to this country and can separate from their own, so if that's the case considering living in his country might be an option. Why break up the marriage so suddenly? But you know better and hope you can resolve it soon. I'm really sorry about the heart break you're going through.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
On 1/6/2022 at 4:38 PM, BananaBreadFanati said:

Can the consulate cancel his visa if he used me to come here for the reason he was issued the visa? He was issued it because of my health and on emergency.

On a TOURIST VISA???

When it comes to health related issues, also emergencies, EXPEDITED SERVICES are normally  REQUESTED, then APPROVED or DENIED, at NO COST to the PETITIONER, not a TOURIST VISA…

Timeline
On 1/6/2022 at 4:33 PM, BananaBreadFanati said:

Husband wishes to leave me now after entering USA on a tourist visa. How can I cancel the IR1 visa which is already at the embassy waiting for the interview? He did not like it here in the USA and he wishes to go back. He constantly complains about the food and the environment. Since he wants nothing to do with me or this country I would like to withdraw my sponsorship before his interview for the IR1. We have been married over two years so his category is not CR1 and it is stating IR1 and "Ready" at the embassy. I want to stop things before he gets the visa to be here forever. Also, is there a way to cancel his tourist visa. I feel like he used me and now he wants to throw me away.

I totally understand the disappointment that you are going through at the moment, but it also sounds like you are reacting, merely off of your feelings, and not from a logical perspective.  If you  guy’s have already been together for five years, and during the entire time of your relationship,  you’ve been visiting him for months at a time in his home country, where he is familiar with everything, and everyone, and you’ve managed to find happiness all this time as a couple, without any signs of deception, it is quite hard to believe that he would suddenly come to a strange country, where he knows no one, but you, states that he does not like anything about the country, and suddenly you find that this relationship has been nothing, but a way for him to gain a ten year green card.  Have you guy’s sat down, and really had a heart to heart about your feelings concerning this whole issue, and more importantly, and your feelings for each other?  Oftentimes, we speak, and act off of our emotions, rather than from a realistic perspective.  Understanding is our best teacher in this ever changing world, in which we live.  And it can get us through the best, and worst of situations, just as long as we think with our minds, rather than our hearts.  Whatever you do, just be sure that you truly understand what can come from acting out of your emotions.  It can cause irreparable consequences.  And I am sorry, but it seems that it is something that you are leaving out, of this entire scenario.  But I do wish the both of you the best!

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Mrs Lee said:

I totally understand the disappointment that you are going through at the moment, but it also sounds like you are reacting, merely off of your feelings, and not from a logical perspective.  If you  guy’s have already been together for five years, and during the entire time of your relationship,  you’ve been visiting him for months at a time in his home country, where he is familiar with everything, and everyone, and you’ve managed to find happiness all this time as a couple, without any signs of deception, it is quite hard to believe that he would suddenly come to a strange country, where he knows no one, but you, states that he does not like anything about the country, and suddenly you find that this relationship has been nothing, but a way for him to gain a ten year green card.  Have you guy’s sat down, and really had a heart to heart about your feelings concerning this whole issue, and more importantly, and your feelings for each other?  Oftentimes, we speak, and act off of our emotions, rather than from a realistic perspective.  Understanding is our best teacher in this ever changing world, in which we live.  And it can get us through the best, and worst of situations, just as long as we think with our minds, rather than our hearts.  Whatever you do, just be sure that you truly understand what can come from acting out of your emotions.  It can cause irreparable consequences.  And I am sorry, but it seems that it is something that you are leaving out, of this entire scenario.  But I do wish the both of you the best!

If you insist on ending the marital relationship, you must act prior to his U.S. Embassy interview , to withdraw your sponsorship agreement.  Doing so, will prevent YOU from being responsible for him, for the next ten years, should he relocate to the United States off of that particular Visa.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
13 hours ago, Mrs Lee said:

If you insist on ending the marital relationship, you must act prior to his U.S. Embassy interview , to withdraw your sponsorship agreement.  Doing so, will prevent YOU from being responsible for him, for the next ten years, should he relocate to the United States off of that particular Visa.

This was recommended immediately and thoroughly in the thread.  No need to repeat advice already given, please. :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
13 hours ago, Mrs Lee said:

for the next ten years

Could be even longer......or shorter.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

Could be even longer......or shorter.

Yes, you are absolutely correct!  There are a few reasons why, but one being that the beneficiary maintains steady employment, for ten years in order to earn 40 quarters work credit, as established by the Social Security Administration. Sorry, that I was not more specific about it!  And of course, if one of them, the Sponsor, or Beneficiary dies, if the Beneficiary becomes a U.S. Citizen, or the Beneficiary leaves the U.S. permanently.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.