platinum-android

Where exactly is the Global Entry enrollment center at SFO?

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I recently got my Green Card, and I need to update Global Entry to work with my GC instead of my passport, for which I need to visit the GE enrollment center. I plan to do this during an upcoming international trip out of SFO. My questions:

1. Where exactly in SFO is the center?

2. Is it accessible to me at the time of departure from SFO international terminal? If not, how do I access it at the time of arrival?

Thanks in advance for your replies! :)

My timeline:

Dec-2020: I-485, I-765, and I-131 filed
Aug-2021: I-485 biometrics appointment
Sep-2021: EAD + AP card delivered
Oct-2021: I-485 interview
Dec-2021: Conditional Green Card delivered

Google it or go on global entry website to find out where it’s located at your specific airport. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
31 minutes ago, platinum-android said:

Hi, I recently got my Green Card, and I need to update Global Entry to work with my GC instead of my passport, for which I need to visit the GE enrollment center. I plan to do this during an upcoming international trip out of SFO. My questions:

1. Where exactly in SFO is the center?

International terminal. 

https://www.flysfo.com/global-entry

“Global Entry Office at SFO is located
International Terminal, Pre-Security, Arrivals Level
Hours of Operation: Daily: 7:30 a.m. to 10:15 p.m. “

these photos will help you find it. 

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJwFwUEKgCAQAEC6Bn2gk5fO7pqm-YR-oYtKIAoaZL9vZl544ogErydSGSa7wTBgotan0_FAGXC3MAJqJSVJIQJGUuZaU67eZRbK0z7WXWGxuUJ3p_oDtlkYzQ&q=global+entry+san+francisco&rlz=1CDGOYI_enAT607US608&oq=global+entry+san&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j46i175i199i512j0i512l3.6144j0j4&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#wptab=s:H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgVuLVT9c3NEw2KE9KTjbNecRowS3w8sc9YSn9SWtOXmPU5OIKzsgvd80rySypFJLmYoOyBKX4uVB18uxi4vPJT07MCcjPDMjIL8kvXsSqmJ6Tn5SYo5CaV1JUqVCcmKeQVpSYl5xZnJyvUABWAwBg_uJvgQAAAA 

2. Is it accessible to me at the time of departure from SFO international terminal? If not, how do I access it at the time of arrival?

You can access it at time of departure.  When you show up, knock on the door and do not attempt to enter. Wait for an officer and explain you want to upgrade your GE membership now that you have a GC.  Hand over your passport and GC. The officer might invite you into the office to test your GC or not.  

Do not attempt to use a GE kiosk with your passport now that you have a GC.  Do not attempt to use the GE lanes until you’ve visited an enrollment center. Otherwise you risk your membership.  

Thanks in advance for your replies! :)

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

You can access it at time of departure.  

Thank you so much! Any idea if it is before or after TSA screening?

My timeline:

Timeline
3 minutes ago, platinum-android said:

Thank you so much! Any idea if it is before or after TSA screening?

Yeah I’ve a lot of idea since I’ve been there.  

From my reply to your OP

“Global Entry Office at SFO is located

22 hours ago, Mike E said:

Yeah I’ve a lot of idea since I’ve been there.  

From my reply to your OP

“Global Entry Office at SFO is located

Sorry I missed that in your OP. This clarifies all my questions. Thank you so much! :)

My timeline:

On 1/4/2022 at 9:34 AM, Mike E said:

You can access it at time of departure.  When you show up, knock on the door and do not attempt to enter. Wait for an officer and explain you want to upgrade your GE membership now that you have a GC.  Hand over your passport and GC. The officer might invite you into the office to test your GC or not.  

Do I understand correct that you don't need an appointment to do this, then? I'm in a similar situation as OP and there isn't a particular lot of availability for appointments at the SFO center 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Jannis said:

Do I understand correct that you don't need an appointment to do this, then? I'm in a similar situation as OP and there isn't a particular lot of availability for appointments at the SFO center 

You do not need an appointment 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.