milan

NVC Kingston Jamaica embassy processing

362 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok ladies,

So I have been assembling the forms for the I-130 so that we can send them off soon after the wedding. I have been on VJ for some months now, but there seemed to be a new "requirement" of items to send..... proof of Bonafide Marraige?

Have any of you had to provide this when first applying for your CR1? I dont remember seeing this before. This list of items it gives to provide as proof, I dont currently have. They want joint bank statements, or joint lease or mortgage documents, but we obviously dont thave that stuff yet cause we dont live together, and we are going to be newly married.

What would you suggest I submitl for this? Should I ignore it? I have seen this question come up before, but I didnt find a good answer for my situation.

Thanks!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok ladies,

So I have been assembling the forms for the I-130 so that we can send them off soon after the wedding. I have been on VJ for some months now, but there seemed to be a new "requirement" of items to send..... proof of Bonafide Marraige?

Have any of you had to provide this when first applying for your CR1? I dont remember seeing this before. This list of items it gives to provide as proof, I dont currently have. They want joint bank statements, or joint lease or mortgage documents, but we obviously dont thave that stuff yet cause we dont live together, and we are going to be newly married.

What would you suggest I submitl for this? Should I ignore it? I have seen this question come up before, but I didnt find a good answer for my situation.

Thanks!

I never had to give proof of a bonafide marriage, as it is a new policy that they just implemented this past year. I am not sure if anyone else has dealt with this as yet, but you may want to start a new topic and see if you get any responses. I remember when I saw this new requirement, I thought I would have a tough time doing that as well, because though we have been married for 4 years, we never did anything joint as we didn't live together yet. I hope you are able to get some help with this. I have heard some people may get letters (affidavits) from family and friends to give as proof as well.

They also now want proof if you are filing for a parent and you were born out of wedlock, to show that the father has acknowledged the child. I had my mom write a letter and had it notarized and sent it with the application last month. I am waiting to see if they ask for additional evidence after which I will get school records to prove that I loved with my father. Good luck.

Edited by JA Tam

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline
Ok ladies,

Thanks!

The "new" requirements have been in effect since Dec 2006. I sent my petition w/o it and still got approved and know several ppl on the is board that also did the same. Look in the CR-1 / IR-1 Forum and do a search you will find a thread dedicated to this topic. Although I didn't send it in I still managed to obtain the info for the interview in case it's required. We have letters from both our sisters and a joint bank acct @ JNBS.

Fo you I would say to take plenty of pics at the wedding, have a few family members and/or friends give you letters on your behalf. If you could get them notarized by a JP that would be even better. For your honeymoon are you staying in a hotel? If so have the issue a receipt for the "honeymoon suite". THis is JA anything can be done for a small price.. :whistle: Anything you can provide to proof the marriage is real is very helpful.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Timeline
Ok ladies,

Thanks!

The "new" requirements have been in effect since Dec 2006. I sent my petition w/o it and still got approved and know several ppl on the is board that also did the same. Look in the CR-1 / IR-1 Forum and do a search you will find a thread dedicated to this topic. Although I didn't send it in I still managed to obtain the info for the interview in case it's required. We have letters from both our sisters and a joint bank acct @ JNBS.

Fo you I would say to take plenty of pics at the wedding, have a few family members and/or friends give you letters on your behalf. If you could get them notarized by a JP that would be even better. For your honeymoon are you staying in a hotel? If so have the issue a receipt for the "honeymoon suite". THis is JA anything can be done for a small price.. :whistle: Anything you can provide to proof the marriage is real is very helpful.

Thanks ladies. I took a look at the CR1 forum and it looks like many people are having issues finding ways to prove a bonafide marriage when they are newly weds. Its a wierd request that doesnt seem to work for many people. I guess I will just have photos of the weddign and my mother write up a avidavit for me.

Nyseness, we arent staying at a hotel, except for our honeymoon night only. We will be living in an apartment while I am there for a month, so maybe I can do something with that. it doesnt seem like USCIS is that strict on this requirement cause so many people are getting approved w/out RFE when they ignored it. So hopefully we are just as lucky. We plan to file while I am in JA for the month. I'll be sendng all signed paperwork back with my dad and he can send it off certified mail when he arrives back in the states. This way we'll have an NOA1 by the time I get back to the States!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Happy Monday to all :blush: Anyway, still no IV fee bill of affidavit of support packet...

I cant stand it :crying:

Hi Milan,

No I haven't recv'd anything from NVC. It normally takes three days for me to recv mail but like I was saying before having the form "generated" or "sent" is 2 different things. For example, look at the postmarked date once you recv the package. Although the system says it was generated on the 23rd it won't be sent for another few days. NVC is an automated process which is done mostly by updating the systems. There used to be an adjudicator online and he answered a lot of our questions regarding the entire process. He was very helpful but I guess after a while he was bombarded w/tons of questions so he left the board (I assumed).

I cld this morning and was told my AOS fee has been recv'd and processed. I should receive the AOS packet w/in 2-4 wks. I asked the lady was it sent and she said it will be soon. Once I recv the IV Fee Bill I will let you know.

Hubby and I got married on 3/28/2006 (The best day of our lives)

Filed I-130 on 8/31/2006. Sent via overnight mail to Vermont Service Center

Got 1st NOA I-130 with receipt date of 9/10/2006.

Registered on line at USCIS.GOV for case status updates

Got an email from USCIS stating that on 6/13/2007 my I-130 was approved and that an approval notice was sent to me in the mail. On 6/19/2007 the NVC received my case

7/7/2007 Received AOS fee bill and Choice of Agent Form

7/9/2007 overnighted $70 fee check to NVC and hubby sent Agent/address email to NVC

7/23/2007 AOS packet and DS230 fee bill generated

8/6/2007 RECEIVED AOS packet 8/7/07 Overnighted AOS packet with supporting docs to NVC..8/10 Received Visa Fee bill 8/13/2007 overnighted $380 certified check to NVC

8/21 AOS reviewed and processed. Fee bill received and processed!

8/24/2007 Got letter from NVC stating they are missing DS-230 and instructions to download DS-230 /and mail to NVC.8/27/2007 mailed overnight to NVC with all docs.

9/12/2207 CASE COMPLETED...

10/15/2007 WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW 11/16/2007 YIPEEEEEEEE

11/16/2007 APPROVED...will update on details later

11/28/2007 Visa sent to AirPak from Embassy

11/30 MY HONEY IS HERE...THANK GOD FOR THSSE BLESSINGS!!!WE ARE MORE THAN HAPPY..

12/24/2007 My Husband's SS Card arrived in the mail...Right in time for Christmas....It took quite a long time

2/6/2008 My Husbands Green Card arrives in the mail......Hip Hip Hooray....

.png

Timeline
Happy Monday to all :blush: Anyway, still no IV fee bill of affidavit of support packet...

Hey Milan, hang in there girl. I know it's frustrating, but there is nothing you can do to get the mail to you faster. Just get everything else ready so that you know on your part you are sending everything back in a timely manner to get the process moving along. It will get better. Right now, I am in a holding pattern to ge the interview date and believe me, it's killing me :blush:

How long has it been now? Just take a few deep breaths, occupy your mind with something else, because it makes no sense to make yourself sick with worry.

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline

Tam, I wish there was something I could do to get my mind off of this...Its just seesm like once one thing starts going right with this damn paper work, then things slow down... :crying: Its very discouraging... :crying: I dont wanna whine TO YOU GUYS...bUT THIS IS HOW i HAVE BEEN FEELING LATELY...:blush: I am told it was generated 7/23 and mailed that week...It always only takes 5-7 days for me to get my mail.

Hey Milan, hang in there girl. I know it's frustrating, but there is nothing you can do to get the mail to you faster. Just get everything else ready so that you know on your part you are sending everything back in a timely manner to get the process moving along. It will get better. Right now, I am in a holding pattern to ge the interview date and believe me, it's killing me :blush:

How long has it been now? Just take a few deep breaths, occupy your mind with something else, because it makes no sense to make yourself sick with worry.

Got an email from USCIS stating that on 6/13/2007 my I-130 was approved and that an approval notice was sent to me in the mail. On 6/19/2007 the NVC received my case

7/9/2007 overnighted $70 fee check to NVC and hubby sent Agent/address email to NVC

8/6/2007 RECEIVED AOS packet 8/7/07 Overnighted AOS packet with supporting docs to NVC..8/10 Received Visa Fee bill 8/13/2007 overnighted $380 certified check to NVC

8/24/2007 Got letter from NVC stating they are missing DS-230 and instructions to download DS-230 /and mail to NVC.8/27/2007 mailed overnight to NVC with all docs.

11/30 MY HONEY IS HERE...THANK GOD FOR THSSE BLESSINGS!!!WE ARE MORE THAN HAPPY..

12/24/2007 My Husband's SS Card arrived in the mail...Right in time for Christmas....It took quite a long time

.png

Timeline

hush yaw milan you soon get it. Friday I sat outside waiting for the postman. When I saw him walking up I got so excited thinking maybe today I'll get the interview letter. He looked at me and said "I've got nothing for you" lol I nearly died. But hey he handed me the letter on Saturday and today I got the correction letter with the changed date. So things will happen in their due time.

Trust me I know how preoccupied you mind it is with this. I can't seem to focus on anything else. Nothing! So I don't. But what I do is get the things that I have control over together. I was actually able to have my phone card company send me a record of my calls for the past year free of charge. It was a long shot but when she said yes I was elated. Also Cingular now AT&T told me that I would have to pay $5 per month for my phone records when I called. The guy said he would call me in a week to see what he could do. Next thing I know I get a package from At&T. I'm here thinking to myself what could this be (I left cingular last year) since I never had an account with At&t. Turns out the guy put 1 1/2 years of phone records in PDF form on a CD for me. Another score. So while you think there is nothing to do but sit and wait. There are tons. And it'll take some of the stress off. You may even find that you need to get a ton of stuff together and that will ease the waiting period a little. Hope that helps hon. :star:

Married March 2003

Sept 30, 2005 mailed I-130 petition

October 3, 2006 USCIS received

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

November 20, 2005 Choice of Agent Sent by NVC

December 28, 2005 Choice of Agent sent by FedEx to NVC from JA

January 29, 2006 IV Application Fee Bill sent by NVC

March, 2006 IV Fee paid $380

April 3, 2006 Packet 3 sent by NVC

October, 2006 DS-230 part 1 and AOS sent to NVC

November 29, 2006 NVC informs of mistakes

December, 2006 corrections made and sent back to NVC

January 30, 2007 NVC completes case and forwards to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

July 18, 2007 per email from embassy interview set for September 6th, 2007 @ 7am

July 26, 2007 husband gets pre blood tested for marijuana ~ CLEAN!

July 27, 2007 per phone call to to Visa Office in DC interview set for September 4, 2007

July 30, 2007 email from Consular confirms new interview date of September 4, 2007 @ 12:30 p.m.

August 3, 2007 husband picks up packet 4 from post office

August 4 & 6 2007 I receive packet 4 in the mail

August 22, 2007 Medical (rescheduled due to Dean)

September 4, 2007 Interview DENIED (tested positive for marijuana and banned three years)

April 3, 2009 Divorce Final

Timeline
Tam, I wish there was something I could do to get my mind off of this...Its just seesm like once one thing starts going right with this damn paper work, then things slow down... :crying: Its very discouraging... :crying: I dont wanna whine TO YOU GUYS...bUT THIS IS HOW i HAVE BEEN FEELING LATELY...:blush: I am told it was generated 7/23 and mailed that week...It always only takes 5-7 days for me to get my mail.

Please don't feel like you can't express what's going on with you :blush: . Just trying to see what we can do to help you feel better as you go through the process. I know how hard it is, especially when you're thinking that it should not take this long for mail to arrive. I have been there and I know it's not a good feeling. As Empress said, try to get things together that you know you will need to send to them to help the process along.

It's so funny, but every morning one of my friends in the office asks me, "Any date yet?" :lol: In fact the VP of Client relations tells me he thinks I have an imaginary husband, that he doesn't really exist and the picture on my desk came with the frame :lol::lol:

N-400

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

Timeline

Thanks Empress that does help.... :thumbs: I have everything together waiting here...But now that you said that I guess I can never have too much to send with my honey when he goes for his interview. :whistle: I will will just consume myself with getting MORE things together...We even have pics of us when we were kids playing together..He and I ahve known eah other since we were age 2...So we have loved each other a very long time. :innocent: Love is giving us the Faith to hold on and be strong for all this RED TAPE....tHANKS AGAIN eMPRESS :thumbs: yOU AMDE ME FEEL BETTER...iF ONLY FOR TODAY :whistle:

hush yaw milan you soon get it. Friday I sat outside waiting for the postman. When I saw him walking up I got so excited thinking maybe today I'll get the interview letter. He looked at me and said "I've got nothing for you" lol I nearly died. But hey he handed me the letter on Saturday and today I got the correction letter with the changed date. So things will happen in their due time.

Trust me I know how preoccupied you mind it is with this. I can't seem to focus on anything else. Nothing! So I don't. But what I do is get the things that I have control over together. I was actually able to have my phone card company send me a record of my calls for the past year free of charge. It was a long shot but when she said yes I was elated. Also Cingular now AT&T told me that I would have to pay $5 per month for my phone records when I called. The guy said he would call me in a week to see what he could do. Next thing I know I get a package from At&T. I'm here thinking to myself what could this be (I left cingular last year) since I never had an account with At&t. Turns out the guy put 1 1/2 years of phone records in PDF form on a CD for me. Another score. So while you think there is nothing to do but sit and wait. There are tons. And it'll take some of the stress off. You may even find that you need to get a ton of stuff together and that will ease the waiting period a little. Hope that helps hon. :star:

.png

Timeline

Wow Empress, that was surely God showing how He's working in your life. Such a blessing. Things like that cheer me up. When I'm feeling down and with little hope God always comes through and gives me that little push. That CD was your little push.

Timeline

Milan so sorry things are starting to wear you thin. IV Bill soon come! And when it does you'll be ready to send it back the very next day!

I myself am getting so anxious with all this waiting. I have seen my Fiance in about 5 months!!! This is crazy! And we havent even begun the process. Augh! So i can just imagine myself being in you ladies position in a few months. Its already hard and I havent even begun.

Timeline

Wow Empress, that was surely God showing how He's working in your life. Such a blessing. Things like that cheer me up. When I'm feeling down and with little hope God always comes through and gives me that little push. That CD was your little push.

It sure was. But this process is the ultimate roller coaster ride. Some days I'm hesitant to think he will get it because I don't want to jinx it :whistle: and then others I'm in a full fledged day dream of how I'll react when he finally gets here :dance: . Then I nip the day dreams in the bud and create a plan B for if he doesn't get it. This whole thing is just crazy.

But some things really keep me busy to pass each day one at a time. Now I have to figure out where to go to print all 302 pages out :help: cuz I sure ain't finishing my ink and paper for that :no: lol

know anywhere that prints for 2 cents a page?

OH I wanted to say that I've been writing down things I want to happen in my notebook(i.e. my school notebook, I scribble in the margins and on the back pages). Sort of in prayer form...I started writing Please please please Lord can we get an interview date soon Please please please and we had a date in a few days. At first I thought it was a coincidence but I just kept doing it. So the next day I scribbled please please please can he go and get pre tested within the week. and if you know my husband, he doesn't do anything I ask him for a long while. But he did go get tested within a week! So then I put please please please be clean...and the test came back clean. So you know I' on a roll now...

I put please like a million times in there lol

Married March 2003

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

January 30, 2007 NVC completes case and forwards to Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica

July 18, 2007 per email from embassy interview set for September 6th, 2007 @ 7am

July 27, 2007 per phone call to to Visa Office in DC interview set for September 4, 2007

July 30, 2007 email from Consular confirms new interview date of September 4, 2007 @ 12:30 p.m.

September 4, 2007 Interview DENIED (tested positive for marijuana and banned three years)

Timeline

:dance::dance::dance: Hey Guys....I finally got the affidavit of Support packet yesterday in the mail... :dance::dance::dance::thumbs: So you know I am not so MISERABLE today.... :thumbs: I am gonna run down to the mail room and overnight the packet back to the NVC, SO THEY WILL HAVE IT BY TOMORROW. Hopefully when I gte home today I will get the IV fee bill :innocent: ...I am just praying that hubby will get at least an October INTERVIEW..... :blush: Ladies, please pray for us that this thing just goes through the process quickly.

.png

Timeline

wohoo :dancing: congrats!

don't count on getting a date in October. Best plan for december and then maybe you'll be get a date for oct. don't set yourself up for disapointment.

They should have it in there system by Friday if they get it tomorrow. Then plan on getting an update in no longer than one month i.e. don't complain when in two weeks they still have no news for you :no: lol give it the full month :yes:

I KNOW YOU WILL GET THE IV FEE BILL THIS WEEK. I KNOW IT!

Do you have his new birth certificate and police report? does he have the new passport?

Edited by Empress

Married March 2003

October 6, 2005 NOA 1

November 2, 2005 NOA 2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.