yonca2021

ANKARA INTERVIEWS 2021

80 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I am the petitioner as a Turkish citizen for EB2 NIW visa. 
Priority date: 12 April 22

DQ: 12 April 23 

As of today we are still waiting and no one is answering our emails. Are there anyone who has similar date as mine and able to get an interview date? 

And I saw a lot of tables with dates in this topic, how did you get those? 

11 hours ago, SirinO said:

Hello everyone. I am the petitioner as a Turkish citizen for EB2 NIW visa. 
Priority date: 12 April 22

DQ: 12 April 23 

As of today we are still waiting and no one is answering our emails. Are there anyone who has similar date as mine and able to get an interview date? 

And I saw a lot of tables with dates in this topic, how did you get those? 

@SirinO Hello. Welcome to the group. Congratulations on your petition. 
There are similar people like you, at least I know 1 person who has March 2023 DQ date. However, please know that the visa interview wait time for employment-based visas is ~24 months after being DQ. 1 person has just had his interview, and he had been waiting for 22 months after being DQ. I know this is a long wait time, but unfortunately it is the case for the US embassy in Ankara. 

11 hours ago, Characteristicall said:

@SirinO Hello. Welcome to the group. Congratulations on your petition. 
There are similar people like you, at least I know 1 person who has March 2023 DQ date. However, please know that the visa interview wait time for employment-based visas is ~24 months after being DQ. 1 person has just had his interview, and he had been waiting for 22 months after being DQ. I know this is a long wait time, but unfortunately it is the case for the US embassy in Ankara. 

Thank you very much for the kind welcome and the answers.

We are trying to find a consulate where interviews go much faster and which will soon call for interviews on dates similar to our DQ date. Do you have any suggestions for a faster European consulate? I wonder how can I find out that information? We have the necessary reasons to carry out the transfer. We sent e-mails to a few consulates, but they did not even send a response, and it is not even possible to reach them when we call them on the phone.

12 hours ago, SirinO said:

Thank you very much for the kind welcome and the answers.

We are trying to find a consulate where interviews go much faster and which will soon call for interviews on dates similar to our DQ date. Do you have any suggestions for a faster European consulate? I wonder how can I find out that information? We have the necessary reasons to carry out the transfer. We sent e-mails to a few consulates, but they did not even send a response, and it is not even possible to reach them when we call them on the phone.

I heard before that it is not easy to transfer an interview to a different consulate. I heard from two people whose requests were denied. But each case is different, and it doesn't mean they deny every request. As long as the conditions are met. Regarding where you can find which consulate is better, that information does not exist. Most consulates don't announce the dates they are interviewing, how many people are waiting in line, how fast they are processing, etc. So we don't know. One might transfer and end up in a line where things are worse. Who knows. 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

DQ'd on August 30th, 2023, and currently awaiting an interview in Ankara.

Petitioner: Turkish American

Beneficiary: Iranian & Turkish resident for 4 years

I noticed that previous interview times have often been around 10 months. Could this delay be due to Covid? Is the process faster now?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.