USpatial

N-400 after RoC - case transferred for I-751?

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
19 minutes ago, iceman81 said:

Getting these i751 updates as well for the past 2 days and today when i checked my online account- my interview is scheduled on February 23, 2022. Chicago is my local office. 

your N400 interview I assume ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
4 hours ago, iceman81 said:

Submitted my n400 application online on June 13, 2021.

Seems very quick compared to timelines on this website. Congrats and good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 1/4/2022 at 12:25 PM, AggieDubs said:

Came here to ask the same thing.  This morning I received an update to my husband's I-751 case that it was being transferred to another office.  Ummm...he's had his 10 year green card for a year already.  

I am hoping it maybe means that they are looking at the N-400 and transferring the I-751 to the local office to merge the paperwork and schedule an interview.  But that's just my wishful thinking.  :P

Just a quick update. I received a letter from USCIS, I-797C. Its about the recent change of jurisdiction in our I-751 case.

I was hoping it was moved to the Chicago office, which might mean they are preparing for a possible upcoming interview by pairing it with me N-400. However, its moved to:

National Benefits Center in Lee's Summit MO.

Im guessing this is more of an error, rather than the hopeful idea that it was a sign my interview might be happening soon.

On 1/4/2022 at 12:57 PM, RaptureSongbird said:

Same here.  Applied for N400 end of March 2021, received 10 year Green Card April 2021 (no interview), and yesterday I-751 updated to "Your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, was transferred to another USCIS office" and today there is an update that says "Case was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction.  I'm really leaning towards the explanation above that the N400 is in final review at our local offices and they requested the I-751s be sent to have as a part of the final prep/interview.

Just a quick update. I received a letter from USCIS, I-797C. Its about the recent change of jurisdiction in our I-751 case.

I was hoping it was moved to the Chicago office, which might mean they are preparing for a possible upcoming interview by pairing it with me N-400. However, its moved to:

Im guessing this is more of an error, rather than the hopeful idea that it was a sign my interview might be happening soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 1/3/2022 at 4:41 PM, Mike E said:

It happens. If you get called for an I-751 interview bring a lawyer to help you defend your 10 year green card. 

I got the same receipt, i have my residency since 2017, why would I need a lawyer to defend their own decision? 

And did anyone get anything after that notification? 

How to get a tier 2 officer when calling, that robot doest let pass anything

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
43 minutes ago, makers said:

I got the same receipt, i have my residency since 2017, why would I need a lawyer to defend their own decision? 

And did anyone get anything after that notification? 

How to get a tier 2 officer when calling, that robot doest let pass anything

If you are called to an interview and told they are revoking the decision do you know what to say in the interview? And do you think your testimony  in federal court about what transpired in interview has as much legal weight as what your lawyer would have have said  transpired? 

USCIS does illegal things all the time.  

After the damage is done, and a DIYer finally engages a lawyer, often the  advice is that it will cost more to litigate in the unfairness and illegal decision  than to accept the result to get approved.  

In this case, it my suggestion appears moot, as there appears to be at least dozens of cases where this is happening.

This suggests the victims  are seeing yet another display of USCIS’s fantastic competence in information technology and software programming. Fantastic being derived from the word fantasy: as the term competence and USCIS have never, to my knowledge, been used in the same sentence except perhaps as gallows humor to elicit therapeutic  laughter.  

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

If you are called to an interview and told they are revoking the decision do you know what to say in the interview? And do you think your testimony  in federal court about what transpired in interview has as much legal weight as what your lawyer would have have said  transpired? 

After the damage is done, and a DIYer finally engages a lawyer, often the  advice is that it will cost more to litigate in the unfairness and illegal decision  than to accept the result to get approved.  

In this case, it my suggestion appears moot, as there appears to be at least dozens of cases where this is happening.

This suggests the victims  are seeing yet another display of USCIS’s fantastic competence in information technology and software programming. Fantastic being derived from the word fantasy: as the term competence and USCIS have never, to my knowledge, been used in the same sentence except perhaps as gallows humor to elicit therapeutic  laughter.  

Totally understand your point and I agree on the fact that if you don't know how to respond to allegations you may need a lawyer, also if you don't really know what to use to support your case,, 

You're right, fortunately not my case I know how to defend myself and how to give evidence! 

Thank you for the explanation!!! 

Have a great day!!! 

Timeline

Well... I called USCIS and talked to an agent who sent a message to the office to let them know that process is already done, got a service number and will get a call or email about it!!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, makers said:

Well... I called USCIS and talked to an agent who sent a message to the office to let them know that process is already done, got a service number and will get a call or email about it!!! 

Let us know what they say, I got the exact same notice today in the mail, very strange ! Do you have a citizenship application pending ?

My I-751 was approved back in March 2021

image_2022-01-10_194357.png.ebc58e23649a96acba6290331abb0feb.png

Edited by troika

Timeline
11 hours ago, troika said:

Let us know what they say, I got the exact same notice today in the mail, very strange ! Do you have a citizenship application pending ?

My I-751 was approved back in March 2021

image_2022-01-10_194357.png.ebc58e23649a96acba6290331abb0feb.png

Yes I filed for N400 on Dec 2021, already got the letter stating no biometrics needed then that notification about the transfer case... 

I will update here what happened when they call or message me back! 

On 1/9/2022 at 5:30 PM, Lloydh123 said:

I got a letter too.  I have a feeling this is just some clerical paperwork clean up. It would be nice if it meant the process is moving along but not getting my hopes up. 

And in regards to this comment below... are you suggesting that USCIS would take a Green Card away for no reason?  I'm confused at what you're trying to say here.

On 1/10/2022 at 8:58 AM, Mike E said:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, AggieDubs said:

. And in regards to this comment below... are you suggesting that USCIS would take a Green Card away for no reason?  I'm confused at what you're trying to say here.

I’m sure USCIS will say it has a reason. Whether that reason is lawful or not is the question.  Whether it can take away a green card it granted in error years after the fact is questionable.  

This thread has run its course for me.  People are free to let USCIS strip them of their green cards without legal representation.  

7 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I’m sure USCIS will say it has a reason. Whether that reason is lawful or not is the question.  Whether it can take away a green card it granted in error years after the fact is questionable.  

This thread has run its course for me.  People are free to let USCIS strip them of their green cards without legal representation.  

You seem to be paranoid and spreading fear and false information in here which isn't productive.  People need encouragement and support.  No one is losing their green card.  I think you said it best, this thread has run its course for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.