Banoo999

CR1+IR2(18 Years old child) Interview at the same day and same time in Montreal

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Spoiler

Hi everyone and happy holidays!🌺Happy New Year GIF

In 2 weeks me and my child(non biological petitioner's child) will have the interview(CR1+IR2) in Montreal at the same time.Anyone experienced this situation before?Any tips would be appreciated .

Thanks again in advance for your time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The IR2 Visa is a Family Based Green Card for minors under 21 years of age of U.S. citizens. 

How is it possible for non biological parent to apply ?

*** Moved from IR1/CR1 Process & Procedures to IR1/CR1 Progress Reports ***

33 minutes ago, Banoo999 said:

In 2 weeks me and my child(non biological petitioner's child) will have the interview(CR1+IR2) in Montreal at the same time.

Do you mean your stepchild, the child of your spouse applying for CR1 visa?  If so, the visa category would be CR2.  It's not unusual for CR1 applicants and their CR2 children to have their visa interviews scheduled together.

23 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

How is it possible for non biological parent to apply ?

Stepchildren and adopted children may also be eligible for CR2/IR2 visas.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Chancy said:

*** Moved from IR1/CR1 Process & Procedures to IR1/CR1 Progress Reports ***

Do you mean your stepchild, the child of your spouse applying for CR1 visa?  If so, the visa category would be CR2.  It's not unusual for CR1 applicants and their CR2 children to have their visa interviews scheduled together.

Stepchildren and adopted children may also be eligible for CR2/IR2 visas.

My husband is a US Citizen who is our petitioner (me and my child).My child is 18 years old.And my child is the petitioner's step child !

6 minutes ago, Banoo999 said:

My husband is a US Citizen who is our petitioner (me and my child)

Thanks for the clarification.  As I said, it is not unusual for CR1 applicants' and their CR2 children's interviews to be conducted together.  If you are looking for Montreal interview reports in particular, check out the consulate reviews here -- https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5&topic=IR-1%2FCR-1+Visa

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Thanks for the clarification.  As I said, it is not unusual for CR1 applicants' and their CR2 children's interviews to be conducted together.  If you are looking for Montreal interview reports in particular, check out the consulate reviews here -- https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5&topic=IR-1%2FCR-1+Visa

Thanks dear.But I couldn't find any IR2 or any similar case with my case

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I doubt there are, I would imagine the reports are written by the CR1

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Dosso Epse cissé said:

good evening madam please how did you proceed to apply for a CR2 visa for your son

My husband did all the process as the petitioner 

your husband has deposited i130 from each of you?
I have my i130 being processed and i129f (k3 visa application) I have a 2 year old daughter so stepdaughter to my husband but I would like to know if I get the IR_1 visa, will she be able to take advantage of my visa to come with me as the k3 visa gives the possibility?

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Dosso Epse cissé said:

your husband has deposited i130 from each of you?
I have my i130 being processed and i129f (k3 visa application) I have a 2 year old daughter so stepdaughter to my husband but I would like to know if I get the IR_1 visa, will she be able to take advantage of my visa to come with me as the k3 visa gives the possibility?

My husband did file 2 separate i130 for  us.Your husband has to file for your daughter as well(i130)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Daughter will be IR2 and need a separate petition 

I may be missing something but the age sounds odd

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.