Gary Rich

I'm New to this process

59 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
1 minute ago, Gary Rich said:

Thank you @slavaskii some people think i suppose to just jump ahead of people that been on fling for some time now. but little do they understand or know the process in Ghana itself.

Being that I'm been there and going back there in march i don't expect no interview for my fiancé' that fast.. But trust and believe me.. things are moving along there.. others can have their opinion

it has no effect on me in what I'm doing. Being totally honestly.. I think others should do more research about thier bussiness then think about or even be concern with someone else who was on the ground

in person at a embassy.. but that for your note

I respect absolutely that you've done your research on operations on Ghana and been there personally, that, I'm sure, is very important to both you and your fiancee. I just want to caution, however, that the I-129F petition is wholly dependent on USCIS' operations within the United States and does not care about operations at the embassy at all. You are likely right that Ghana is going faster than other embassies with interviews, but you'll only see speed there when you get your I-129F approval. Everyone goes through the same process with I-129F and their wait begins from the moment they file; that's why, now, people who filed in March 2021 (regardless of their embassy) are getting their first approval. I've attached below USCIS' official estimate of how long it takes for everyone to get an I-129F approval. Bear in mind this is collecting data from two months ago, but perhaps it can be of help.

image.thumb.png.f8ccda46d16ab0af76ca9b1f7db1189f.png

I wish you best of luck!

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

3 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

I just want to caution, however, that the I-129F petition is wholly dependent on USCIS' operations within the United States and does not care about operations at the embassy at all.

OP somehow thinks the petition approval process itself is different for Ghana.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

OP somehow thinks the petition approval process itself is different for Ghana.

Yes, that's what I'm hoping to clarify, but I'm not sure if it's getting across 😐 

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Just now, slavaskii said:

Yes, that's what I'm hoping to clarify, but I'm not sure if it's getting across 😐 

Clearly, it is not.

I'm out.  Hopefully he will figure things out eventually.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Gary Rich said:

Thank you @slavaskii some people think i suppose to just jump ahead of people that been on fling for some time now. but little do they understand or know the process in Ghana itself.

Being that I'm been there and going back there in march i don't expect no interview for my fiancé' that fast.. But trust and believe me.. things are moving along there.. others can have their opinion

it has no effect on me in what I'm doing. Being totally honestly.. I think others should do more research about thier bussiness then think about or even be concern with someone else who was on the ground

in person at a embassy.. but that for your note

As I said earlier, you have NO idea as to what categories Ghana is interviewing, nor do you have ANY idea as to how long the backlog is........Those are big factors in estimating process times.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Just now, ra0010 said:

Reminds me of when I was a newbie too and I called USCIS to inquire about my application. I was met by a very positive tier 1 officer saying that my application looked "excellent" and that it was "en route" to the FO for an interview... The week after, I was hit by a RFE hahaha. But hey, the security guard might be an undercover immigration agent for all we know.

Embassy security guard is probably on par with USCIS tier 1 knowledge-wise.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 hours ago, Gary Rich said:

Thank you for your reply... I'm thinking my case will be shorter just base on me being there and seeing the US Embassy in Ghana open and taking interviews.. ( I could be wrong ) but i do believe some of the information that being put online is not correct. I mean i was right there on the ground.  so i'm just in the beginning process of mines.. I kind of expect movement by march or April.. and my fiancé interview right around June or July.. but quick question tho.. my fiancé is dues in June to our our child.. I'm hoping that wont be a problem at the Embassy..( thats my only concern )

There’s no perfect data in this world. That’s what is available? Do you have better data? No you don’t! 

it’s laughable you’re gauging you’re projecting your case would be shorter, based on what? What’s special about you or your fiancée? I’m in Ghana and involved with two people whose process started in February last year who are now getting January interview dates.

Your fiancée being due has no bearing on the speed of your case. USCIS and the Department of State doesn’t care about your pregnancy, sorry.

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

You are still many, many months away from the case even reaching Ghana, where your very thorough research has shown that processing will be super fast. For now, you are dealing with USCIS, which is backlogged and slow for everyone, including you. Your fiancée being in Ghana and pregnant does not make any difference.

If you are able to travel to Ghana regularly, why did you not decide to marry and apply for a spousal visa? The CR-1 visa is so much superior to a K-1.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

cut it with the sarcasm and snarky remarks. 

post constructive information, or do not post.

this thread is being monitored due to multiple reports

charles

vj moderation

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Frankly, if I were you, given that beneficiary is from Ghana, which is one of the top fraud country, I would hope for long Niger processing to have a chance to visit your fiancé 3-4 more times. Barely any K-1 from Ghana get approved. If there are any red flags, such as him before no younger than you, or single short visit, you will get denied. With Ghana I would recommend CR1 normally. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.