I'm New to this process

59 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Gary Rich said:

im not from Ghana.. i'm from the us... my fiancé is from Ghana

DUDE.   Wow.  😂

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I kind of expect movement by march or April.. and my fiancé interview right around June or July..

Somebody's heart might be shattered soon.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline
Just now, Gary Rich said:

that your opinion.. in which it has nothing to do with me..@Jorgedig in fact you don't even know what is my expectation

Dude, you said you expected movement by march or april and an interview in June. Unfortunately odds are against you.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Just now, Gary Rich said:

that your opinion.. in which it has nothing to do with me..@Jorgedig in fact you don't even know what is my expectation

You stated your expectations for a March/April petition approval, and a June/July consulate interview.  :bonk:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Gary Rich said:

I'm sorry but it's not his opinion, it's a fact. For you to get an I-129F approval in April, you'd need to somehow jump the line on the well over 20,000 petitions ahead of you that have been milling around since February. You will get an approval at the end of 2022 and then there's still NVC and consulate. We're not trying to kill your mood or anything, honestly, I wish people find VisaJourney earlier than they do because Google is still telling you pretty things that are unfortunately very outdated. Too often people come to our filer threads saying they're worried they haven't gotten an approval after three months and we're like... what?

If you're frequently in Ghana, perhaps someone can advise you here on the process of Direct Consular Filing.

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

1 minute ago, slavaskii said:

his

*Her

😉

2 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

If you're frequently in Ghana, perhaps someone can advise you here on the process of Direct Consular Filing.

DCF is gone worldwide, except in exceptional circumstances.  Plus, OP does not live there, so wouldn't have qualified even before the USCIS international offices were closed.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Another poster seeking advice who likes to argue because he already has the answers.

Why bother coming to VJ for help when you already have the answers.

If you don't believe the advice that you have been given, then best of luck.  Your timeline is completely optimistic and not based on recent reports.  

You've filed an I-134 when it wasn't needed and most likely will outdated by the time she interviews.  You'll have to submit another one.

Take the advice you have been given.  It's good advice.  Or go your own way because you already have the answers.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Gary Rich said:

hings are moving along there.. others can have their opinion

Have you posted or even visited the Ghana forum? I strongly suggest you to do so.

but little do they understand or know the process in Ghana itself.

...and you know better because you stopped by the Embassy and talked to the security guard?

3 minutes ago, Gary Rich said:

I think others should do more research about thier bussiness then think about or even be concern with someone else who was on the ground

People that are replying to your post have been in immigration for a long time, and they know a lot about the process and which countries/ continents are known for long processes. Unfortunately, Ghana is one of them.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Thank you @slavaskii some people think i suppose to just jump ahead of people that been on fling for some time now. but little do they understand or know the process in Ghana itself.

Being that I'm been there and going back there in march i don't expect no interview for my fiancé' that fast.. But trust and believe me.. things are moving along there.. others can have their opinion

it has no effect on me in what I'm doing. Being totally honestly.. I think others should do more research about thier bussiness then think about or even be concern with someone else who was on the ground

in person at a embassy.. but that for your note

Little do they understand or know the process in Ghana itself . . . . even thought they've helped plenty of people.

Being on the ground in Ghana without knowing or asking anyone in line how long they've waited and what categories, you still got the answers out of the air.  Didn't know that being in Ghana gave you instant knowledge about immigration,

Your knowledge is flawed.  You filed an I-134 when it wasn't needed.  You don't know what you are doing.  Keep acting like you do and people here will stop trying to help you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Well everyone we can argue all day. He has filed for the visa and must now wait, however long it takes. No sense in trying to predict the future.

Best of luck to the OP and if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.