Gary Rich

I'm New to this process

59 posts in this topic

Good Day. I'm new on this site.. and i just sent my k-1 visa to Texas. it arrive on Dec 21st. I know it will be a long process. but does any know the timeline for visa processing in Ghana.. thank you in advance

I seen that timeline.. I was there in Ghana in Oct 2021 for 2 weeks..  and the Embassy was open for business.. so my reason for asking is that.. i think that some of the information that being put out on line is wrong.. Each country is different of course.. but the information on the timelines..  is not correct in some case..

Edited by Gary Rich

27 minutes ago, Gary Rich said:

I seen that timeline.. I was there in Ghana in Oct 2021 for 2 weeks..  and the Embassy was open for business.. so my reason for asking is that.. i think that some of the information that being put out on line is wrong.. Each country is different of course.. but the information on the timelines..  is not correct in some case..

This is what I stated it is based on user reported data. 

The timeline is only as correct as the data provided. 

The embassy might be open but it could be operating at limited capacity. 

If you order by I-129F NOA1 you can see one person completed the process in 350 days but that is an exception not the norm. 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op66=All&op7=Ghana&op1=4&op2=&op3=1&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=0

The latest stats from travel.state.gov show 29 K1s issued in October.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyNIVIssuances/OCTOBER 2021 - NIV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

If we trust the timeline. People with an NOA2 between 2020/03- 2020/6 managed to get interviews. 

In December, people with NOA2 between 2020/10-2021/3 received interview dates. Seems like the consulate is issuing a good amount of K1s so hopefully by the time your petition is approved it will be sent to the consulate fairly quickly. 

Edited by Kor2USA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Gary Rich said:

The timelines are user driven.  The AVERAGE K-1 is taking 463 days from submission to interview.  Your case could be shorter or longer. 

image.png.ce5db7d1314be529dcf674b1c7b5a1b2.png

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Thank you for your reply... I'm thinking my case will be shorter just base on me being there and seeing the US Embassy in Ghana open and taking interviews.. ( I could be wrong ) but i do believe some of the information that being put online is not correct. I mean i was right there on the ground.  so i'm just in the beginning process of mines.. I kind of expect movement by march or April.. and my fiancé interview right around June or July.. but quick question tho.. my fiancé is dues in June to our our child.. I'm hoping that wont be a problem at the Embassy..( thats my only concern )

I'm a US citizen ( born and raise ) and no.. i did not ask the people their business there.. But i did talk to the security at the door there, and ( quote- we are open and seeing people by appointment of Couse.. but thing here are being process )

1 minute ago, Gary Rich said:

I'm a US citizen ( born and raise ) and no.. i did not ask the people their business there.. But i did talk to the security at the door there, and ( quote- we are open and seeing people by appointment of Couse.. but thing here are being process )

If things remain the same. NOA1-NOA2 is currently taking 283 days (this part of the process is the same/ country doesn't matter).

So, you should get to NVC stage in October next year. 

After your child is born, you need to apply for CRBA. 

https://gh.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/child-family-matters/birth/

Instructions from the embassy. 

P.S be a buddy and :time:

Also add your country flag to your profile. 

It'll help you, future members, and build confidence in VJ processing times... 

Edited by Kor2USA

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Kor2USA said:

If things remain the same. NOA1-NOA2 is currently taking 283 days (this part of the process is the same/ country doesn't matter).

So, you should get to NVC stage in October next year. 

After your child is born, you need to apply for CRBA. 

https://gh.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/child-family-matters/birth/

Instructions from the embassy. 

Considering the holiday slowdown and the amount of March filers, it’s going to easily be well over 300 days for NOA2 pretty soon (average for the March filers is 290-300). My only assumption is that, perhaps, the Afghan SIV is what delayed this all so severely as currently they’re still prioritized over K1 and IR1/CR1 petitions and there were 200k of them. But yesterday there were very, very few March approvals - less than 20 in all - and there’s over 3000 of us still waiting. K1 processing is going to skyrocket all across the board soon. 

To OP: as the others have said, your process may only be shorter depending on Ghana’s embassy, but that only comes into play after you receive NOA2. And just know that a lot can change between now and October/November 2022; for many embassies in 2021 it was positive, but some (ie Russia and Philippines) it was quite negative. So just keep visiting us on here for the latest information.

Edited by slavaskii

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.