ellienellie21

NVC sent case file to the wrong embassy. Please help!!!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello guys, hope you’re all safe.

The past couple months have been very stressful to say the least. USCIS approved our petition back in October and sent it to the NVC. A few weeks later my fiancé received an email that the petition was forwarded to the embassy in China (where I had been working but left months ago) instead of Morocco (where I’m from and the actual embassy we specified in the petition). Our lawyer immediately emailed them in order to get our petition sent here but we got no reply, until late November where the Chinese embassy noticed the mistake and contacted us instead. So our lawyer emailed the Moroccan embassy in order to ask for a transfer but it’s been a month and we haven’t heard from either and it’s taken a toll on us. We tried calling the Moroccan embassy but all they kept saying is send an email and wait. Has anybody been through the same? Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I ask those who go thru Casa embassy to please PLEASE do a timeline 

if you are successful and receive a K1 visa,  u will have a ton of questions for what happens once in the US and timelines help the VJ community answer

Not much to do at this point but wait and see if China sent the petition on to Casa or returned it to NVC for correcting the error

There's a lot of 'hurry up and wait"  especially with a K1 and all you are going to have to do

Yes,  at times petitions have gone to the wrong embassy

in your case probably a mistake your lawyer made as we have seen that on posts here in VJ

I hope your fiancee has the criminal report he "may need" if the stay in China was long

Is the ds 160 complete?

Have u completed the I 134?

have u mailed him your last 3 years of IRS tax transcripts ?  Casa wants all 3 and at this time it will be 2018,  2019 and 2020.  if interview gets scheduled after 4/4/22  ,  he will need 2021

Does your fiancee know there are 2 criminal reports needed from Morocco?

The des casiers judiciaires  at Place de la Mamounia in Rabat.and  a "fiche anthropomtrique" at the local police office.

and if this stressful ,  u must prepare for what is about to happen as there is a lot more coming up for getting a SS # within the 90 days of entry,   registering with selective service if fiancee is under 26 and male,   marriage,   doing the paperwork for the AOS,   EAD and AP

Plus the possibility the K1 for Morocco can be denied as many are and we have to return and marry and go thru the next 2 years with a spouse visa petition 

Best if u go to the Morocco portal and read post and embassy reviews to understand the Casa embassy 

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline
5 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

if you are successful and receive a K1 visa,  u will have a ton of questions for what happens once in the US and timelines help the VJ community answer

Not much to do at this point but wait and see if China sent the petition on to Casa or returned it to NVC for correcting the error

There's a lot of 'hurry up and wait"  especially with a K1 and all you are going to have to do

in your case probably a mistake your lawyer made as we have seen that on posts here in VJ

I hope your fiancee has the criminal report he "may need" if the stay in China was long

Is the ds 160 complete?

have u mailed him your last 3 years of IRS tax transcripts ?  Casa wants all 3 and at this time it will be 2018,  2019 and 2020.  if interview gets scheduled after 4/4/22  ,  he will need 2021

The des casiers judiciaires  at Place de la Mamounia in Rabat.and  a "fiche anthropomtrique" at the local police office.

and if this stressful ,  u must prepare for what is about to happen as there is a lot more coming up for getting a SS # within the 90 days of entry,   registering with selective service if fiancee is under 26 and male,   marriage,   doing the paperwork for the AOS,   EAD and AP

Plus the possibility the K1 for Morocco can be denied as many are and we have to return and marry and go thru the next 2 years with a spouse visa petition 

Best if u go to the Morocco portal and read post and embassy reviews to understand the Casa embassy 

From what I understood from your post is that the embassy in Casablanca tends to deny K1visas? That is a very worrying thing.. 
Actually, our lawyer filed everything correctly. The mistake made was by the NVC as we have thoroughly checked our forms and made sure they were correct before filing them.
As long as we get approved then it won't be a problem, even if stressful, to prepare those documents, it's just that the embassy and NVC have been quite uncommunicative.
Thank you for your feedback.

Edited by ellienellie21

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Casa is slow to answer emails and have even hung up on phone callers

Casa can deny as they did for our K1 and we married and went thru spouse visa process

reasons for denial -the Red Flag issues are"

1.  limited face time with together 

2.  age difference of 10 years or more

3.  photos do not show Moroccan family with USC and it is suspected that the family does not approve

4.  religious differences

5.  Moroccan does not show good verbal English skills at the interview /  very normal for older adults that come on tourist visa to do interview in Arabic or French but a person that wants to live here needs to speak English 

6.   the woman is not of child bearing age 

7.  it is suspected that the intending immigrant will become a public charge in the US (medicaid ,  etc)

8.  the USC does not have the needed income to sponsor and can not provide a joint sponsor

9. reason to believe the intending immigrant is visa shopping and using the USC

10.  USC is sending money to immigrant

OR

any other issue the CO at interview deems the relationship is not real as seen by the petition packet documents

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline
20 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Casa is slow to answer emails and have even hung up on phone callers

Casa can deny as they did for our K1 and we married and went thru spouse visa process

reasons for denial -the Red Flag issues are"

1.  limited face time with together 

2.  age difference of 10 years or more

3.  photos do not show Moroccan family with USC and it is suspected that the family does not approve

4.  religious differences

5.  Moroccan does not show good verbal English skills at the interview /  very normal for older adults that come on tourist visa to do interview in Arabic or French but a person that wants to live here needs to speak English 

6.   the woman is not of child bearing age 

7.  it is suspected that the intending immigrant will become a public charge in the US (medicaid ,  etc)

8.  the USC does not have the needed income to sponsor and can not provide a joint sponsor

9. reason to believe the intending immigrant is visa shopping and using the USC

10.  USC is sending money to immigrant

OR

any other issue the CO at interview deems the relationship is not real as seen by the petition packet documents

Thank you very much for the helpful tips

Timeline
On 12/29/2021 at 12:09 AM, ellienellie21 said:

Hello guys, hope you’re all safe.

The past couple months have been very stressful to say the least. USCIS approved our petition back in October and sent it to the NVC. A few weeks later my fiancé received an email that the petition was forwarded to the embassy in China (where I had been working but left months ago) instead of Morocco (where I’m from and the actual embassy we specified in the petition). Our lawyer immediately emailed them in order to get our petition sent here but we got no reply, until late November where the Chinese embassy noticed the mistake and contacted us instead. So our lawyer emailed the Moroccan embassy in order to ask for a transfer but it’s been a month and we haven’t heard from either and it’s taken a toll on us. We tried calling the Moroccan embassy but all they kept saying is send an email and wait. Has anybody been through the same? Thank you.

I know it sucks but all you can do is wait for Casablanca consulate to receive your case once its transferred and wait for them to contact you.

if they are telling you to wait after the email is sent thats all you can do, your lawyer will know its beat with Casablanca to use only gentle pressure as even with mandamus lawsuits they are pushing back. This is an error by NVC not The consulate so just wait until the transfer is complete and even then they take about a month or two to send an interview date. 

Timeline
On 1/1/2022 at 9:07 PM, Cynnbean said:

I know it sucks but all you can do is wait for Casablanca consulate to receive your case once its transferred and wait for them to contact you.

if they are telling you to wait after the email is sent thats all you can do, your lawyer will know its beat with Casablanca to use only gentle pressure as even with mandamus lawsuits they are pushing back. This is an error by NVC not The consulate so just wait until the transfer is complete and even then they take about a month or two to send an interview date. 

Thank you very much. It's just that.. next month our petition expires so that's an additional worry of ours.
But your comment is very helpful. 
Stay safe.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

On 12/29/2021 at 4:25 AM, JeanneAdil said:

Is the ds 160 complete?

Yes, please do a timeline.  It's so helpful for the rest of us and it's really fun when you make progress and you get to update your timeline! :)Also, I believe the OP is Moroccan and is the beneficiary and not the petitioner.  I think things slowed down and the end of the year probably for the holidays but should be up and running this week.  Hope you get a response soon!  You're case was processed super quick so congrats on that!  

You mentioned the expiration of the I-129F.  I read on their website they can extend it if it expires before the visa processing is completed:

My Petition Expired – Can It Be Extended?

The I-129F petition is valid for four months from the date of approval by USCIS. A consular officer can extend the validity of the petition if it expires before visa processing is completed.

Here's the link:  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

Timeline
15 hours ago, sarabou17 said:

Yes, please do a timeline.  It's so helpful for the rest of us and it's really fun when you make progress and you get to update your timeline! :)Also, I believe the OP is Moroccan and is the beneficiary and not the petitioner.  I think things slowed down and the end of the year probably for the holidays but should be up and running this week.  Hope you get a response soon!  You're case was processed super quick so congrats on that!  

You mentioned the expiration of the I-129F.  I read on their website they can extend it if it expires before the visa processing is completed:

My Petition Expired – Can It Be Extended?

The I-129F petition is valid for four months from the date of approval by USCIS. A consular officer can extend the validity of the petition if it expires before visa processing is completed.

Here's the link:  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

I'll do a timeline for sure. So far our petition has been approved but unfortunately sent to the wrong embassy and we're still waiting for that to get fixed.
Yes, I'm the beneficiary.
Thank you for the uplifting comment, I really appreciate it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.