Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Angola
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Hanijani said:

Had you gotten RFE? I have gotten RFE
what speciality are you? I am Pathologist with 2 fellowships. I do not have very great research, have many poster and abstracts but few real articles. They have sent an RFE objecting on everything. Even the contract and salary. 

Who sent RFE? Uscis? They sent RFE to me as well, and I had to add literally extra information and more statements. They reviewed it very fast like 8 days only it took them. 

Filed: Other Country: Angola
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hanijani said:

Yes USCIS, for O1 visa. 
you talking about O1?

Oh I meant USCIS, they sent me last year RFE for my hardship case. I literally had to built a new case with extra documents, sometimes I wonder if they lost the original docs.

1 minute ago, Sabina Bart said:

Oh I meant USCIS, they sent me last year RFE for my hardship case. I literally had to built a new case with extra documents, sometimes I wonder if they lost the original docs.

They sent RFE to my hardship case as well. But right now my O1 case has gotten RFE. And i am not sure of the approval rate after RFE

4 hours ago, Hanijani said:

They sent RFE to my hardship case as well. But right now my O1 case has gotten RFE. And i am not sure of the approval rate after RFE

I hear it depends on the USCIS center your O-1 application goes to. A lawyer told me the Vermont center is very strict. They issue a lot of RFEs and have a high rejection rate for O-1

4 hours ago, Sabina Bart said:

USCIS is issuing RFEs to the majority of hardship cases these days, asking for documents already submitted with the initial filing.I received an RFE that considerably slowed down the process and the crazy thing was that my RFE was identical to an RFE received by someone else during the same time. I suspect that USCIS is using RFEs as a strategy to further delay hardship cases. I was able to overcome the RFE by basically sending them a new application but the other person's response was not enough and they had their hardship case denied by USCIS! 

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Hanijani said:

Somebody was asking they did not receive the recommendation letter from DOS.FE6B7527-FB2A-48CE-BD42-232D91314B27.jpeg.1ddd174fffc23d52a9b55761435c4bea.jpeg

@HanijaniWhere did you get this communication from?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.